Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I know this is pretty vague...and not all that debatable....but...certainly I'm not the only one who considers these things?

I mean....I sometimes feel like God can't possibly use me...I'm not equipped...and sometime I feel like...if I don't do it...whatever it is....how will it ever get done.

And I wonder....can we really hinder the Holy Spirit? I've seen it mentioned several times in other threads...."don't hinder the Holy Spirit"....by doing such and such...or not doing such and such....that we can actually hinder the Holy Spirit...

Anyone out there with any thoughts at all....

....maybe I'm just a goofball....that thinks too much....:blush:

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know this is pretty vague...and not all that debatable....but...certainly I'm not the only one who considers these things?

I mean....I sometimes feel like God can't possibly use me...I'm not equipped...and sometime I feel like...if I don't do it...whatever it is....how will it ever get done.

And I wonder....can we really hinder the Holy Spirit? I've seen it mentioned several times in other threads...."don't hinder the Holy Spirit"....by doing such and such...or not doing such and such....that we can actually hinder the Holy Spirit...

Anyone out there with any thoughts at all....

....maybe I'm just a goofball....that thinks too much....:blush:

LOL!!! Second goofball here......^_^

I understand what you are saying. I think that the feeling has to do with our own inability to follow God as we think we should. Remember that the Spirit convicts you but sometimes we don't really understand why. I have found comforting to have a prayer session when I feel like that. Typically God will let me off the hook for a bit.:bow::angel:

Reactions: Cris413
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
thanks for the replies! do any of you feel we can "hinder" the Holy Spirit?

Not in His ultimate plan or purpose.. He is God, and if we don't do it, He will find someone else, or act sovereignly.. He doesn't need me!
I think we can - and I do -hinder His work in our own lives, though, by not walking in obedience, or not listening to Him.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
thanks for the replies! do any of you feel we can "hinder" the Holy Spirit?

No. Who am I to stand in the way of God? What can I do that would prevent God's plan from happening? I can reject what God is doing or where the Holy Spirit is leading but that's not hindering God or His plan in any way.

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Not in His ultimate plan or purpose.. He is God, and if we don't do it, He will find someone else, or act sovereignly.. He doesn't need me!
I think we can - and I do -hinder His work in our own lives, though, by not walking in obedience, or not listening to Him.

I totally agree with you sister...which is why I'm a little confused from time to time by so many who do consider we can hinder...or help the Holy Spirit in some way.

Personally...I think we're so privileged that God allows us to participate in His Kingdom business at all.

I think He does it...because He wants us to see first hand...His power, might and glory...His grace and His mercy...

...and I think He wants to give us opportunity to be blessings to others and receive blessings as well...:)

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
No. Who am I to stand in the way of God? What can I do that would prevent God's plan from happening? I can reject what God is doing or where the Holy Spirit is leading but that's not hindering God or His plan in any way.

Right...I believe the Holy Spirit will either move through us...or around us...but we do not hinder His movement....and certainly not as it conflicts with Scripture (thinking of comments in the women in leadership thread)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums