Do animals deserve the same respect as black people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBlonde

The Hug Reaper is here!
Feb 24, 2005
Idaho
✟18,224.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hahahaha^_^ ^_^
SUNSTONE said:
Definitly animals should be treated better than black people.
Here is my logic on it.

I have no desire to purchase a black person, but I do crave a good steak from time to time. :p

Just kidding. :sorry:

Upvote 0

rosenherman

Sparkly rainbow butterfly kitten
Aug 25, 2004
Right coast
✟12,972.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
charityagape said:
Retching! Oh no, did you eat the cockroaches after all?

eeewwww, no just the idea. A guy where my sister works had to be admitted to the hospital because a roach crawled in his ear and they couldn't get it out.

ROFR

Upvote 0

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
newlamb said:
OK, Nothing But The Blood - I know that I have a weird sense of humor, but I have never thought about cows destroying property, breaking and entering, etc, just because they weren't milked.

(I knew what you meant, but the mental picture tickled my funny bone! PETA doesn't do that - they are awful! Evolutionists run amuk! )

Opps. LOL.

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
charityagape said:
Even if you subsribe to an evolution worldview, humans are the current superior race. Reading, writing, building, creating, heck even computer forums. We are obviously superior.

If you were droped into the middle of the Atlantic Ocean none of these things would save you from drowning, does that make fish the superior race?. Isnt it quite a cooincidence that the things humans can do the best are also the things we judge to be proof of our superiority?.
Why isnt being the fastest runner proof of superiority, the best swimmer, the best flyer, the biggest, the most populous, the strongest, the longest living?. Why not these things?. Simply put, because it is a cultral belief that follows from the myth that the world was made for man.

Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
marshlewis said:
If you were droped into the middle of the Atlantic Ocean none of these things would save you from drowning, does that make fish the superior race?. Isnt it quite a cooincidence that the things humans can do the best are also the things we judge to be proof of our superiority?.
Why isnt being the fastest runner proof of superiority, the best swimmer, the best flyer, the biggest, the most populous, the strongest, the longest living?. Why not these things?. Simply put, because it is a cultral belief that follows from the myth that the world was made for man.

We are the fastest, we are the best swimmers, we are the best flyers, we are the strongest.

We invent cars, and submarines, and planes, what we can't physically do we provide a way for us to do it in spite of our physical limitations. It's not a cultural belief that we're superior.

Ask the opinion of any monkey on this forum. Any elephant. Any ant. Wait. They're not capable of being on the computer. Or forming an opinion.

Upvote 0

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
HINT: Believing that man is smarter and therefore "above" all animals on the food chain does not mean one feels they should be torchered, beaten, or given generally cruel treatment. I happen to think how someone treats animals is a good indicator on how they will treat people. I have no problems with inhumane treatment being illegal.

Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NothingButTheBlood said:
HINT: Believing that man is smarter and therefore "above" all animals on the food chain does not mean one feels they should be torchered, beaten, or given generally cruel treatment. I happen to think how someone treats animals is a good indicator on how they will treat people. I have no problems with inhumane treatment being illegal.

Absolutely.

Upvote 0

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
newlamb said:
OK, Nothing But The Blood - I know that I have a weird sense of humor, but I have never thought about cows destroying property, breaking and entering, etc, just because they weren't milked.

(I knew what you meant, but the mental picture tickled my funny bone! PETA doesn't do that - they are awful! Evolutionists run amuk! )

Hey! It can happen! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/cowswithguns.php

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
PETA is so un-original and is so lacking in creativity that they need to make adolescent shock appeals in order for them to try and get any message out. Their kinda like, oh, you know, like way crazy cool bored high school kids who don't know what to do with all of mommy and daddy's money so they like ya know, do stuff.

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
charityagape said:
We are the fastest, we are the best swimmers, we are the best flyers, we are the strongest.

We invent cars, and submarines, and planes, what we can't physically do we provide a way for us to do it in spite of our physical limitations. It's not a cultural belief that we're superior.

Ask the opinion of any monkey on this forum. Any elephant. Any ant. Wait. They're not capable of being on the computer. Or forming an opinion.

OK then what about 300 years ago?. What then?

If all these things make us superiour then why do the catagories of judgement not apply within the species, why arnt Americans superior to somalians?. You see, Its all subjective. In one age it can be used to justify the slavery or extermination of 'inferior' races. While today it is used to justify factory farming for the sake of growth.

One of the strongest myths in civilised culture is that we dont have any myths. Human superiority is a myth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fanatiquefou

you know, for kids!
Jun 19, 2004
Indiana
✟3,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
growingupinhim said:
It's called the THEORY of evolution

NFSteelers said:
Firstly, evolution is a theory.

I don't want to drag this thread off-topic, but you guys need to do a little research on just what exactly a scientific theory is. Hint: Ever heard of the THEORY of gravity?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.