Divorce? Destined to Hell?

Cocoafrost

"What goes up must ..." really shock the seagulls!
Jun 20, 2013
✟483.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm divorced. For me Hell was continuing to live with a man who was the closest thing to incarnate Demon that I'd ever known.

God forgives all transgressions. If he's a loving God, if God is love and he is all knowing, he would know how we suffer when we're in an insufferable marriage. And he would also know that we were not blessed, nor happy there. God knows saving ourselves from a life of grief is our duty as a matter of self respect.

I attended a speakers gallery just before I filed the papers wherein a woman presenter who was speaking to marriage and divorce said; we take our marriage vows to heart when we conclude our covenant agreement before an altar with the words, till death us do part. In an unhappy intolerable marriage there are a great many ways to die. But only if you stay!

I attended that presentation on marriage and family alone because he said, when I said I think we need counseling, that I should go ahead and that he was just fine.

I filed for separation two days after that talk. Best thing I ever did. Greatest blessing ever received was when the divorce was granted 18 months later.

We get one life. I watched my parents suffer one another and each one died with regret for a life they did not pursue because they stayed together for the sake of the kids, and later in life because they were resigned to thinking they were too old and had grown comfortable in their depression.

There is no, 'do over'. This moment is all there is. Everything else is past and unalterable, future and with no guarantees, or faith after life with no true witness. Don't suffer because you believe it's what God wants. If it was he wouldn't have died on the cross to keep the worlds sinners from suffering for eternity for the life they did depart.

I wanted to get people's opinion on Divorce in the AOG and COG churches. I was married for 9 years, we had one child, my son Gabriel. I got custody of our son, single full-time father. My ex was unfaithful, a horrible mother, and was not a Christian, she had turned her ear away from call of the Lord.

I attended a COG church in east TN for several years, but was never allowed to be a member. The pastor said marriage is forever, God does not allow divorce, and any woman you are with other than the woman you married, you are committing adultery. I have been divorced for 4 1/2 years, and can NEVER remarry or date another woman ever again, this he claimed to be gospel. He said that the only way I can make heaven is to never be involved with another women ever, there is not such thing as remarried. The is very hard for me, I will be 36yrs old on less than a month, I still feel like I have a lot more happiness I can share with someone.

What is your take on this?

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
And yet Paul under the influence of the Holy Spirit said that the believer is not bound if an unbelieving spouse departs. Maybe Jesus wasn't giving the complete list. ...and not bound means not bound, which means free. If one is not free they are bound, if they are not free to remarry, they are still bound, and Paul says that they are not bound.

I already talked about this being not bound. They are not bound or forced to remain together, they can separate to live in peace. this does not mean free to remarry as Paul says they are to remain unmarried or single.

I think a lot of people stumble over the commandment prohibition of remarriage because they know someone that has done this, they have done it, they marry divorced persons, they want to remarry and ignore what the word says and distort the words or they just follow the traditions of men in the church.

iN Mark 10 THE ISSUE IS ABSOLUTELY CLEARED UP with no qualifications about reasons for divorce which is sexual infidelity.

Mark 10
5 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Because of the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6 But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’
7 ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

10 In the house His disciples also asked Him again about the same matter.

11 So Jesus said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her.

12 And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”

That is it, end of story. If you believe that God is holy, ordained these words, and is not the author of confusion, you will say amen.

Jesus says, He it is who loves Me keeps My words.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Hereby you know those who are His and those who are not. By their fruits you will know them. By what they do with His commandments.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,313.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I already talked about this being not bound. They are not bound or forced to remain together, they can separate to live in peace. this does not mean free to remarry as Paul says they are to remain unmarried or single.

I think a lot of people stumble over the commandment prohibition of remarriage because they know someone that has done this, they have done it, they marry divorced persons, they want to remarry and ignore what the word says and distort the words or they just follow the traditions of men in the church.

iN Mark 10 THE ISSUE IS ABSOLUTELY CLEARED UP with no qualifications about reasons for divorce which is sexual infidelity.

Mark 10
5 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Because of the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6 But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’
7 ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

11 So Jesus said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her.

12 And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”

That is it, end of story. If you believe that God is holy, ordained these words, and is not the author of confusion, you will say amen.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Hereby you know those who are His and those who are not. By their fruits you will know them. By what they do with His commandments.
So you are saying that not bound really means not free.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I see so you agree with wilful sinning then?
Jesus said those who knew their masters will and did not do it would receive many lashes.

And here is wilful sinning leading to licentiousness grace, an abuse of the grace of God. Turning God's grace into licentiousness, that is a license to do what ever you please as your forgiven.

However if we wilfully sin, then you're facing this judgement
Heb 10
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”[e] says the Lord.[f] And again, “The Lord will judge His people.”[g] 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

li·cen·tious (l-snshs)
adj.
1. Lacking moral discipline or ignoring legal restraint, especially in sexual conduct.
2. Having no regard for accepted rules or standards.

Your falling into this all the way deep.
Jude
3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people. 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

If you read my other posts on the theme of Law vs Grace, you will see that I am not talking about licentiousness or antinomianism, which is the unscriptural doctrine that once a person is saved he can do anything he likes.

What we need to remember is that before conversion we rebelled against the Law because we were rebels against God. But when we got converted, we received a new heart and our desire is to keep the Law; in fact, it is a delight to us.

But, we have never been able to keep the Law because of the sin nature in us that will be with us until we die. The Law, however is held up before us as God's standard, but instead of trying to keep it by our own efforts, we run to the throne of Grace to find mercy and be dependent on Christ to cover us with His righteousness, because He kept the Law for us.

Because the Grace of God is infinite, mercy and forgiveness can be extended even if we wilfully sin, and we do at times because of the temptations that come to us.

The Scriptures you have quoted apply to those who turn away from Christ and reject the offer of the throne of Grace, and decide to live their lives by their own efforts instead of depending on Christ. We are not talking about sincere believers who in their hearts want to keep the Law but are unable to do so.

1 John says that if we say we have no sin, we lie, but if we confess our sin God is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The key is that the converted Christian with a good heart is going to hold on to God's throne of grace, and even if he has to ask forgiveness seventy time seven times a day, he will be forgiven, because God's grace is infinite.

But a person who wilfully adopts a life-style of sin, will not do that. He will not care about God at all. He will rebel against Him. Those are the ones the Scripture you quoted talks about, not the ordinary believer who struggles with his sinful nature.

Sometimes it is difficult to know the difference between a sincere believer and a hypocrite, because these things are in the heart of a person, where only God can see. Therefore, our role is to give people the benefit of the doubt and allow God to be the judge.

Paul said that he did not allow anyone to judge him, nor did he judge anyone else, and he did not even give any sort of judgment about himself but left the judgment to Jesus.

It is not up to us to impose the Law on people, or to make judgments about whether they are sinning in a way that separates them from Christ. That is God's role, and He gets angry at those who try to apply legalistic judgments and requirements on people.

So if a person quotes judgmental Scriptures at another whom he thinks is wilfully sinning in order to get them to comply with his or his church's rules, then he may very well be bringing judgment on himself in the same way that Jesus rebuked the pharisees of His time.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The Church of God does not deny membership to those divorced and remarried.

Heck, I'm divorced and remarried, and they ORDAINED me!

Thanks for that. It's good to have the balance. Perhaps it was that individual church that is imposing the rule. If the COG is the same as the AOG, then each individual church is autonomous and not ruled by a central body in the same way that other denominations are.

Of course, we don't know what other factors existed in the denial of membership. My first wife deserted me, and I had to go through seven years of "storm and stress" until God was able to work in me to stop me being angry, and to cause me to be able to forgive her. Once that forgiveness came and I was able to release her from my anger and judgmental attitude (she had remarried in the meantime), then the Lord led me to my present wife, with whom I have been married these last 23 years. (I was ordained as an elder in the Presbyterian Church, so my remarriage was not a hindrance there, either).

But if I had caused the divorce through adultery, then God would have dealt with me in a far different way. I am not sure whether I would have qualified for Christian ministry because of that. But then, God's grace being infinite, even that sin can be forgiven and thrown into the deepest sea of God's forgetfulness.

So maybe I am being too generalised and harsh with the COG.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Mark 10

Jesus also said that if a man looks on a woman with lust, then he has committed adultery with her in his heart. This means that males who have gone to the beach and admired scantily-clad attractive women have committed adultery in their hearts. If any of those were believers or even candidates for the ministry, according to the rule, they should be disqualified too because they have violated a command of Jesus.

In fact, as I said before, 95% of male church members should be disqualified because they would have looked on a woman with lust, and the other 5% are liars, so they are disqualified as well!

You can't apply one rule, and ignore another.

However, what Jesus said was totally correct, but what was the context? And how do believers, struggling with their sinful natures, reconcile the requirements of the Law and their growth in grace? Does Jesus expect us to try and keep the Law by our own efforts, or is there another answer to explain how we can be godly believers and be failing to keep the demands of the Law at the same time?

And who, apart from Jesus, as the right to pass judgment on another believer, seeing that we are all in the same boat, failing to keep the Law every day. We are the ones who see one sin as more "sinful" than another, while God sees sin as sin and makes no distinction between minor and major sins.

Jesus called those who judged others, "vipers" and "hypocrites", who placed impossible burdens on others and yet did not enter into what God had for them.

I think we should allow God to be the sole judge in whether a person has committed the unforgiveable sin or not, because if we treat divorce/remarriage as the unforgiveable sin (because all sins other than the unforgiveable sin are forgiven and removed from God's memory), then we are usurping God's role, and I don't think He would be too happy about that. I think He will see that as a much worse state of affairs than the sin we are judging the person for.

Upvote 0

dandymandy

Sep 13, 2008
✟15,273.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
In fact, as I said before, 95% of male church members should be disqualified because they would have looked on a woman with lust, and the other 5% are liars, so they are disqualified as well!

Yeah, this woman (and maybe a few other women) runs afoul of Mathew 25. (crooked little smile.)

I say "Amen" to Oscarr when he observes that there is too much judging going on among us humans.

God bless

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Another confirming verse from Paul
Where Paul gives the example that a person is free to marry another ONLY if the other partner has died.

In this way Paul also explains that we can only marry another if we have died to the law's authority in the old covenant that we might be married to Christ.

Point is the spiritual truth revealed is we CAN NOT MARRY another when the former spouse is still alive or we are adulterers in the eye of the Lord.

Romans 7
1 Do you not know, brothers and sisters—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law has authority over someone only as long as that person lives?

2 For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him. 3 So then, if she has sexual relations with another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man.

4 So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. 5 For when we were in the realm of the flesh,[a] the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Those who have ears to hear will hear and obey, and those who do not will object to the word of the Lord and not be obedient to His commandments.
Note v 8 and 9 as to what you reap when your not obedient.

2 Thess 1
5 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering. 6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.

8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,313.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where Paul gives the example that a person is free to marry another ONLY if the other partner has died.

In this way Paul also explains that we can only marry another if we have died to the law's authority in the old covenant that we might be married to Christ.

Point is the spiritual truth revealed is we CAN NOT MARRY another when the former spouse is still alive or we are adulterers in the eye of the Lord.

Romans 7
1 Do you not know, brothers and sisters—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law has authority over someone only as long as that person lives?

2 For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him. 3 So then, if she has sexual relations with another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man.

4 So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. 5 For when we were in the realm of the flesh,[a] the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Those who have ears to hear will hear and obey, and those who do not will object to the word of the Lord and not be obedient to His commandments.

2 Thess 1
Notice the part that says, "For example, by law..." ? You provided the context that refuted your own argument. He's not even talking about Mosaic law there or he would have said by the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Notice the part that says, "For example, by law..." ? You provided the context that refuted your own argument. He's not even talking about Mosaic law there or he would have said by the law.

The proof is in all the texts, some peoples just prefer to not believe what the text says.
Paul citing the law here is pointing to the greater new covenant of Christ.
But the LAW is not overthrown, God's Laws are still relevant to us today, good and holy and just.

However One of the Laws of Christ, one of His commandments, says we are not to remarry.

So if you truly belong to Him, then you will keep the commandments and keep His words, that means being a doer of the word, not just a hearer. People who only hear and dont do or obey are deceiving themselves.

You know I keep saying the same thing and also finding more scriptures to back it up and people just keep refusing to believe what it says. People who are dishonest with God and about what He says, are certainly not interested in getting right with Him.

Those who are not with Him are against Him and if your doing and teaching to do the opposite of what He says, then you are an antichrist.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,313.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The proof is in all the texts, some peoples just prefer to not believe what the text says.
But the LAW is not overthrown, God's Laws are still relevant to us today, good and holy and just.

However One of the Laws of Christ, one of His commandments, says we are not to remarry.

So if you truly belong to Him, then you will keep the commandments and keep His words, that means being a doer of the word, not just a hearer. People who only hear and dont do or obey are deceiving themselves.

You know I keep saying the same thing and also finding more scriptures to back it up and people just keep refusing to believe what it says. People who are dishonest with God and about what He says, are certainly not interested in getting right with Him.

Those who are not with Him are against Him and if your doing and teaching to do the opposite of what He says, then you are an antichrist.
Obviously, you see scripture one way, and I see them a different way. I don't see us coming to agreement, so I don't intend to beat a dead horse by continuing to go in circles with you.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The law is in 1 John: Love the Lord with all your heart, mind and strength and your neighbour as yourself. Start to love the Lord with all your heart and it will all become totally clear.
The church either wants to keep us under the law of the old testament (forbidding to marry, it was even better in the old testament then, they had divorce papers) or you get grace teaching: go ahead, do whatever you like. Both is bad.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I wanted to get people's opinion on Divorce in the AOG and COG churches. I was married for 9 years, we had one child, my son Gabriel. I got custody of our son, single full-time father. My ex was unfaithful, a horrible mother, and was not a Christian, she had turned her ear away from call of the Lord."

SO - at this point you've been divorced from the woman for 4.5 years, and are living a celibate existence I assume.

The BIBLE says 1 Cor 7:
27 Art thou bound (Deo - to bind tie or fasten) unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed (Lyo - to "Loose something bound") from a wife? seek not a wife.
28 But and if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I spare you.

The CONTEXT is that - given the lousy social situation the Christians were in, what with the struggle and persecution, Paul thought it was, in general, BETTER to be single so you wouldn't have to worry about taking care of a family.

SO Paul says don't DUMP your wife, but if you're single, stay that way. "Loosed from a wife" indicates that you had one, and now don't. It would be reasonable to say that you are "Divorced".

But then it goes on to say that IF YOU MARRY having been divorced - you haven't SINNED, but you'll have "problems in life" (duh).

In the Baptist church 50 years ago it used to be said (tongue in cheek) that: if you wanted OUT of your marriage, you should MURDER your wife, because "Murder" was something you could be forgiven of, but "Divorce" wasn't. And of course, since you were now "Single", it was O.K. to remarry.

The Ridiculousness of that is obvious, but not entirely inaccurate, given the inflexibility of the doctrines.

Bottom line - it's IMPOSSIBLE for a married couple to "Come apart" completely without there being some level of SIN involved, probably on BOTH sides of the issue - but SIN can be repented of, and be forgiven and FORGOTTEN. And you move ahead "new" again.

This or that denominational church has "Precious Doctrines" that they Cling to, but which may not mean SPIT Biblically.

I'd suggest that you DON'T take the CoG's "Doctrinal OPINION" as being the "Word of God", but go directly to God with the situation, and seek HIS guidance. Give it a little time, and be COMFORTABLE, and at PEACE with your decision.

The Governing scripture is Romans 14:
22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

The CONTEXT is "Meat offered to Idols" - and it's clear that "eating the Meat" isn't intrinsically Good, or Bad. BUT if YOU think it's bad - THEN DON'T DO IT - it's BAD for YOU!!!

BUT - if you can eat it in FAITH that it's O.K. - then it's O.K.

Simple as that.

As long as YOU feel that being re-married would be a SIN (for whatever reason), then for YOU it's a Sin. If and when you become convinced and released from the belief by the Word, and by the Holy spirit, then you're FREE.

It appears (to me) that BIBLICALLY the CoG is in ERROR with its "Legalistic absolutism".

For the Most Part the Assemblies of God WERE hyperlegalistic about it in the same way during the '60s - but today, they no longer are, and divorced and re-married folks are welcomed into membership without an issue. You might want to discuss it with a pastor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kadams7701

To God Be The Glory
Jun 17, 2013
FL
✟7,626.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the reply, I have having a hard time dealing with this issue. It does not help when you go to church and woman in the same position are showing interest me. Many have caught my attention, I would really want a Christian wife. I will just keep praying and God will lead me in the correct direction.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Romans 7

2 Thess 1

This Scripture is not instruction to married people. It is to clarify our position with the Law once we have accepted Christ as Saviour. Twisting a Scripture out of its proper context does not provide a reliable foundation for doctrine.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

So, you are keeping all the commands of Christ perfectly, without fault? If not, by your own definition, you could be anti-Christ. Or does the Gospel offer us something different?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The law is in 1 John: Love the Lord with all your heart, mind and strength and your neighbour as yourself. Start to love the Lord with all your heart and it will all become totally clear.
The church either wants to keep us under the law of the old testament (forbidding to marry, it was even better in the old testament then, they had divorce papers) or you get grace teaching: go ahead, do whatever you like. Both is bad.

So you can quite definitely say that you love the Lord with all your heart, without a single fault, and that you love your neighbour (ie: all those who are created in God's image), without fault as well?

Do you not know that God does not make a distinction between different types of sin, and that He views sin as sin no matter what it is? That means that if you have come short even in the smallest way from loving God with all your heart and every other person created in His image, then you have sinned and therefore disqualified yourself from making any sort of judgment about any other person who has also sinned no matter how serious their sin is.

So, if you are judging others concerning their sin, who is there to judge you for your sin? And wouldn't it be hypocritical to judge another for sin when you sin yourself?

It's like the parable of Jesus about the man who forgave his servant a large sum of money that he could never repay, and then the servant went out and demanded payment from another and treated him harshly when he couldn't repay. What happened to the servant? He got his debt reinstated and was sold into slavery with all his family until the debt was repaid. This is an example of a person having a great debt of sin to God, having been forgiven the debt, and then treating others harshly because they have a similar debt.

I suggest that you read the parable carefully, asking the Holy Spirit to speak to you and see if you are the man who having been forgiven for sin are judging others for their sin. How do you think God will judge you. Will He remit your debt to Him if you are in the habit of judging others?

The Pharisees were absolutely correct in their interpretation of the Law, and yet Jesus called them vipers and hypocrites. He also said that He has come to open the eyes of the blind and to blind those who maintained that they could see. What do you think that means? Do you think that it might apply to those who think their halo is shiny enough to pass judgment on the lesser mortals who seem to be struggling with their shortcomings and sins?

Would you have thrown the first stone at the woman caught in adultery? I wonder...

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you can quite definitely say that you love the Lord with all your heart, without a single fault, and that you love your neighbour (ie: all those who are created in God's image), without fault as well?

Do you not know that God does not make a distinction between different types of sin, and that He views sin as sin no matter what it is? That means that if you have come short even in the smallest way from loving God with all your heart and every other person created in His image, then you have sinned and therefore disqualified yourself from making any sort of judgment about any other person who has also sinned no matter how serious their sin is.

So, if you are judging others concerning their sin, who is there to judge you for your sin? And wouldn't it be hypocritical to judge another for sin when you sin yourself?

It's like the parable of Jesus about the man who forgave his servant a large sum of money that he could never repay, and then the servant went out and demanded payment from another and treated him harshly when he couldn't repay. What happened to the servant? He got his debt reinstated and was sold into slavery with all his family until the debt was repaid. This is an example of a person having a great debt of sin to God, having been forgiven the debt, and then treating others harshly because they have a similar debt.

I suggest that you read the parable carefully, asking the Holy Spirit to speak to you and see if you are the man who having been forgiven for sin are judging others for their sin. How do you think God will judge you. Will He remit your debt to Him if you are in the habit of judging others?

The Pharisees were absolutely correct in their interpretation of the Law, and yet Jesus called them vipers and hypocrites. He also said that He has come to open the eyes of the blind and to blind those who maintained that they could see. What do you think that means? Do you think that it might apply to those who think their halo is shiny enough to pass judgment on the lesser mortals who seem to be struggling with their shortcomings and sins?

Would you have thrown the first stone at the woman caught in adultery? I wonder...
Hahaha, I think you don't understand my post. I am the woman caught in adultery and He said: Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more. I said he could remarry. But if you're divorced as christians and haven't forgiven each other completely, you can say everything is grace, sorry Lord and both remarry and there's a chance you'll both end up divorced and single. The grace and law teaching I had in two different churches are the reason I'm divorced in the first place. I wanted to make up with him, but the devil lied that I couldn't. You can't go back to your ex. (I wasn't even married, I believed I was, I was insane and in a mental hospital and on drugs then)
Later I still loved him, but I was remarried, so I wanted for him to have a sweet wife to care for him. This preaching is sick. It teaches us to divorce.
I'll only take the law love the Lord with all your heart, yes I do, because when the last guy dumped me, I asked God if he could take my love for him and transform it to His Love and since then it's burning in my heart and the only thing I want is people saved and revival.I I don't judge anyone who's divorced, if you ask forgiveness, it's done away, but I want to warn the ones who are able to go back and make up.

Upvote 0