The Key that Fits:Acts 28
Mar 24, 2004
Seattle
✟11,081.00
Faith
Baptist
xenia said:
PS

A dispensationalist pastor friend of mine believes that during the Millennium, not only will there be temple sacrifices offered but David himself will be sitting on the throne in Jerusalem.

This future animal sacrifice stuff is beyond the pale, if you ask me. Apart from what Theresa already explained, consider this: the literalist interpretation of passages in Isaiah tell about a time when lions will lie down with lambs and little kids can play with them. This sounds like peace will once again be restored to the animal kingdom... everywhere except in Jerusalem where wholesale slaughter of sacrificial animals will be a daily occurence. That's a bit jarring, doncha think?
Hi xenia, If God never changes, then why would He change in appreciating the offerings which He instituted?

Do you not see the whole of Ezekiel 40-48 as a description of a yet future temple with offerings?

The fact that nothing will eat meat during the millennial reign has nothing to do with the offerings reinstituted in Eze 40-48... IMHO...

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

@@Paul@@ said:
Hi xenia, If God never changes, then why would He change in appreciating the offerings which He instituted?

Do you not see the whole of Ezekiel 40-48 as a description of a yet future temple with offerings?

The fact that nothing will eat meat during the millennial reign has nothing to do with the offerings reinstituted in Eze 40-48... IMHO...
Hi Paul. Concerning a rebuilt temple. Daniel shows the power of the holy people being shattered. According to revelation, it is showing worshippers being measure along with the temple. Is this suppose to be a future temple being measured for destruction? Malachi shows the sons of Levi being "purged and refined", did that already happen or is that in the future for the jewish priests also? I am all confused about a millineum temple when God has already destroyed it twice and looks like He is going to destroy it again. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Revelation 11:1 Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood, saying, "Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 2 "But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot [for] forty-two months.

dan 12:7 Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who [was] above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that [it shall be] for a time, times, and half [a time;] and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these [things] shall be finished. 10 "Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand. 11 "And from the time [that] the daily [sacrifice] is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, [there shall be] one thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Are these considered the "holy people and the worshippers being measured in chapt 11 of revelation?
eek.gif

mala 3:2 "But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He [is] like a refiner's fire And like launderer's soap. 3 He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi, And purge them as gold and silver, That they may offer to the LORD An offering in righteousness.

Jeremi 1:14 Then the LORD said to me: "Out of the north calamity shall break forth On all the inhabitants of the land. 15 For behold, I am calling All the families of the kingdoms of the north," says the LORD; "They shall come and each one set his throne At the entrance of the gates of Jerusalem, Against all its walls all around, And against all the cities of Judah. 16 I will utter My judgments Against them concerning all their wickedness, Because they have forsaken Me, Burned incense to other gods, And worshiped the works of their own hands.

Upvote 0

xenia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Ultimate West
✟26,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Paul,

Well, I am amillennial, so I don't even believe there will be a future millennium, so I should bow out at this point rather than argue over the particulars of what I consider to be a non-existent 1000-year reign. I shall depart this discussion in peace. :)

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
@@Paul@@ said:

Then what will happen to all that meat? God never allowed it to be wasted in the Old Testament . . it had to be eaten ,. .

If God never changes, as you say above, why would this change then?

This line of reaoning appears totally illogical to me.

Also, God promises that NOTHING will HURT or DESTROY on ALL His Holy Mountain!!

NOTHING . .

But if what you are saying is correct, the sacrifices will hurt and destroy - causing pain and death ON His Holy Mountain CONTRARY to what God has pormiesd (If we take the literal resotration of Israel as a nation as fulfillment of this prophecy).

It doesn't fit together at all . . the claims do not add up at all . .. they contradict each other . .

I find more and more that dispensationalism is a system of contradiction, of contradictory claims and teaching . . . .

Peace to all!

Upvote 0

@@Paul@@

The Key that Fits:Acts 28
Mar 24, 2004
Seattle
✟11,081.00
Faith
Baptist
thereselittleflower said:
The what will happen to all that meat? God never allowed it to be wasted in the Old Testament . . it had to be eaten ,. .

If God never changes, as you say above, why would this change then?

This line of reaoning appears totally illogical to me.

Also, God promises that NOTHING will HURT or DESTROY on ALL His Holy Mountain!!

NOTHING . .

But if what you are saying is correct, the sacrifices will hurt and destroy - causing pain and death ON His Holy Mountain CONTRARY to what God has pormiesd (If we take the literal resotration of Israel as a nation as fulfillment of this prophecy).

It doesn't fit together at all . . the claims do not add up at all . .. they contradict each other . .

Peace to all!
I just accept is for what it says, and i don't see a contradiction. :sorry:

Making an offering to God is probably not considered as "hurting or destroying"...
xenia said:
Hi Paul,

Well, I am amillennial, so I don't even believe there will be a future millennium, so I should bow out at this point rather than argue over the particulars of what I consider to be a non-existent 1000-year reign. I shall depart this discussion in peace.
So shall I. :wave:

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
@@Paul@@ said:
I just accept is for what it says, and i don't see a contradiction. :sorry:

Making an offering to God is probably not considered as "hurting or destroying"...

There are ways to make an offering to God that do not involve animal sacrifice . . .

However, dispensationalist teaching requires animal sacrifices . .

I would really like to know how dispebnsationalism sees these carcasses and meat being dealt with . ...

Peace to all

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.