✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Disney Finds 'Little Mermaid' Star in Singer Halle Bailey

Disney is really going to remake every single one of their animated films. When are we going to get The Emperor's New Groove (a completely underrated film)?

Another thing, when I first glanced at the headline I saw 'Halle Berry' and thought, "Isn't she a little old for the part?"
And Terry Crews wants to be her father.

Terry Crews Petitions Himself to Be King Triton in Disney's The Little Mermaid - IGN

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I used to feel the same way about remakes, but if you think about it, this is made for children, this isn’t for the audience that saw it before, it’s for the newer generation to enjoy and when they get older, they can complain about all the new remakes of “classics.” :p

I am still reeling from the awful remake of "Assault on Precinct 13"

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
A lot of the blondes aren't blondes, either.

What are you saying here? That only a natural redhead can play a natural redhead?
No, I'm saying that the person not being a natural redhead seems only to be a problem when they aren't white.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I'm saying that the person not being a natural redhead seems only to be a problem when they aren't white.

What? Now you've just gone into "Through the Looking Glass" nonsense that doesn't even relate to the conversation.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
What? Now you've just gone into "Through the Looking Glass" nonsense that doesn't even relate to the conversation.
No, I'm not. People are trying to say the issue they have with Halle Bailey being cast is that she isn't a redhead. I was just pointing out that many, many times a character who is a redhead is played by a woman who dyed her hair. How often do you hear people complain that Sophie Turner, Scarlet Johanson or Christina Hendricks aren't actually redheads. You don't. But when a Black woman gets cast, it's suddenly an insurmountable problem, even though there are natural Black redheads.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I'm not. People are trying to say the issue they have with Halle Bailey being cast is that she isn't a redhead. I was just pointing out that many, many times a character who is a redhead is played by a woman who dyed her hair. How often do you hear people complain that Sophie Turner, Scarlet Johanson or Christina Hendricks aren't actually redheads. You don't. But when a Black woman gets cast, it's suddenly an insurmountable problem, even though there are natural Black redheads.

I don't think the color of her hair is their real issue.

Interestingly, my wife, although black, has red hair, and was the only one of four daughters who did (although her paternal grandmother also had red hair). Some of us do. Malcolm X, for instance, had red hair.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I don't think the color of her hair is their real issue.

Interestingly, my wife, although black, has red hair, and was the only one of four daughters who did (although her paternal grandmother also had red hair). Some of us do. Malcolm X, for instance, had red hair.
Of course not, but most people don't want to admit they have a problem with her being black, so they are claiming it's her hair color instead.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0