Discussion on Is Jesus Christ coming back?

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Our salvation is spiritual, not physical.

It's both. A "spiritual only" salvation is just Gnosticism.

We first need the Early and Latter Rains of the Spirit before we are born again (saved). It happens now, in this body. After we physically die and are resurrected, we will then receive a spiritual body to match our spiritual condition.

So is there a resurrection of the body? Yes or no?

You should understand that "salvation" is a restored relationship with the Father and a life free from ever sinning again. In other words, we will be like Christ. Our salvation occurs now in this life. The Old Man (who is the one who sins) begins to die when we are born again. The New Man which is Christ in us never sins. From God perspective, the New Man is who we are once we are born again. The Old Man is being destroyed and the New Man is maturing to produce spiritual fruits. John the Baptist, who is a "type" of our Old Man said this:

John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

Salvation comes to us in the twinkling of an eye when Christ comes to us a second time. That is the time when we receive the Latter Rain.
Joe

You must understand, as far as I'm concerned this is easily dismissable heretical nonsense. But it is important that heresy such as this does not fester and then spread to others, it is bad enough that you would wish to shipwreck your own faith, but as St. Paul says in his epistle to Timothy, if left unchecked heresy spreads like an infectious disease.

So I think it's safe to say that you deny the resurrection of the body. Correct?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for all of your responses here.

Some things with some I agree with, some things with others I disagree with.

If you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, trust and love God.

Pray always about anything and everything that might trouble you through the storms, that can try to wash you away and throw you around, even drown you out. Pray in the times of troubles, for people who may hate you, pray for your family, and friends.

Know even though in this flesh we struggle, God can by the spirit give us strength over the flesh, for those who dedicated and goal oriented to live a certain way towards God as far as being sober and vigilant, the best thing we can do is not step off the foundation laid out by the Lord Jesus Christ who is our rock.

The world will send earthquakes to try and throw you around and let you fall back in to the cracks that are made.

In those times please stay strong, and stand on that foundation laid, and ask God to lead you in the right way by the spirit.

Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's both. A "spiritual only" salvation is just Gnosticism.

So is there a resurrection of the body? Yes or no?

You must understand, as far as I'm concerned this is easily dismissable heretical nonsense. But it is important that heresy such as this does not fester and then spread to others, it is bad enough that you would wish to shipwreck your own faith, but as St. Paul says in his epistle to Timothy, if left unchecked heresy spreads like an infectious disease.

So I think it's safe to say that you deny the resurrection of the body. Correct?

-CryptoLutheran

We are spiritually dead while we are physically living. We become spiritually alive (saved) when Christ come to us and gives us the Latter Rain. From there, after we physically die, we will later be resurrected with a new body like the one Christ displayed to the apostles after He was resurrected. Christ must first clean the inside of our cup before we received a new body like His. Salvation occurs in a twinkling of an eye when Christ comes to us a second time (Latter Rain) even though His work in us in not complete, we are still saved.

What I have stated is exactly what is taught in scripture.
Joe

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
We are spiritually dead while we are physically living. We become spiritually alive (saved) when Christ come to us and gives us the Latter Rain. From there, after we physically die, we will later be resurrected with a new body like the one Christ displayed to the apostles after He was resurrected. Christ must first clean the inside of our cup before we received a new body like His. Salvation occurs in a twinkling of an eye when Christ comes to us a second time (Latter Rain) even though His work in us in not complete, we are still saved.

What I have stated is exactly what is taught in scripture.
Joe

So sometime after we die, we are resurrected. Other than the Lord Jesus' tomb, how many empty tombs are there right now on planet earth?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So sometime after we die, we are resurrected. Other than the Lord Jesus' tomb, how many empty tombs are there right now on planet earth?

-CryptoLutheran

No one other than Christ has been resurrected. The resurrection of the dead happens at the end of this age. The First Fruits of Christ's harvest are resurrected to life in the Kingdom of Heaven. All others are resurrected to judgment.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No one other than Christ has been resurrected. The resurrection of the dead happens at the end of this age. The First Fruits of Christ's harvest are resurrected to life in the Kingdom of Heaven. All others are resurrected to judgment.

Okay, so then the dead are raised bodily at the conclusion of history. Yes? This is correct.

And what also happens at the conclusion of history? (1 Corinthians 15:22-23)

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, so then the dead are raised bodily at the conclusion of history. Yes? This is correct.

And what also happens at the conclusion of history? (1 Corinthians 15:22-23)

-CryptoLutheran

I'm not sure what you mean by "end of history". At the end of this age, as I said, the resurrection occurs and the dead are raised. The saints, first fruits, the Elect, the overcomers, etc. receive life in the Kingdom and rule & reign with Christ over the lost in the final age. Once the last lost person is saved, Christ delivers up the Kingdom (now containing all mankind) to the Father and the Father is "all in all". That is as far out into the future that scripture goes.

1 Cor 15:20-28 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the consummation, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Joe

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are probably a lot of empty tombs now.

You know how you can look at your body, as a house or maybe not a tomb exactly.

People die and leave this house and go to God.

They are resurrected from this life unto the new spiritual life, God gives the spirit body as he pleases that is pleasing to him, and would be fitting for us. (in my view)

There are many empty houses that once were alive here on earth, that are made into new houses after this life.

God will place believers/unbelievers were they desired to Go. Some will be very close, close to God, some will be far away, even further away from God.

The bible says there are people that are in the kingdom of heaven, and those who are out.

What that looks like really I could only imagine or try to get idea via drawing and thinking.

@ViaCrucis

Thank you for reading. Cheers.

Upvote 0