Discussion : It is better not to have signs and wonders.

May 26, 2005
✟615.00
Faith
Christian
This came to my thoughts today and I was thinking it over, and I wanted to share it online for discussion.

While you are alive on earth, it is better NOT to know the secrets of the world we cannot see. It is better NOT to know and have proof of God's existence. Here is why.

If the Creator were to provide you with a supernatural miracle in the physical world, one that is clearly from the Father, then you are now without excuse on the day of Judgement. For some people ask for signs and miracles, and they think that they may be a blessing. But, they are in fact a weight. A heavy burden on your shoulders that you must now carry for the rest of your life. For, if in fact the Father reveals himself to you and leaves you without doubt, then IF you disobey and sin, you are directly rejecting your Father. You are disobeying the Most High God with full knowledge of his power, his existence. You are now without excuse.

Because, if you do NOT know, and you live simply in faith, through prayer, and develop a relationship with the Father.... then you are at least working on your faith. You are more innocent than if you knew. You are growing. If you fail and sin, which most assuredly will happen because the flesh is weak, you can have FAITH in God to help you, simply because you long to seek him and want to change your life. This longing to change comes from a different place in your heart - knowing vs hope. You retain a bit of innocence, as you do not know for sure because you have not seen. You simply believe on Faith and hope to grow from that little faith, into a real relationship with God and ultimately enter Heaven. There are people today, that do not believe and seek the Father, simply because they aren't sure if a Creator exists. Or they do not believe a Creator exists. They are still innocent to the knowledge of the world we cannot see. They simply don't know. And God can work in their lives to bring them to him when he chooses.

But just because you have seen and KNOW the secrets of God, does not mean temptation will cease to come to you. You are still in the flesh. You are still weak. The enemy will still attack you in spirit. If your weakness is lust, as it is to most men, and I say this merely as an example - women and men can just plug in whatever their weakness is - as we all may have different ones - if your weakness is lust, then when a beautiful woman walks by, or a beautiful woman tempts you.. you do not stop wanting to have sex with her. You still want to fornicate, you still want to disobey and have sex out of marriage due to the corrupted view we have of sex now. Just because you know doesn't mean you are now without temptation. But the problem now is - you are directly rejecting your Father. You know the truth, and have seen it, and still disobey. This is what was happening back in the old times. Some of the people in the Old Testament KNEW, and still disobeyed. What else can God do for someone - whom he has directly revealed himself to in supernatural ways - and they still reject him? This is what the fallen angels did, and they are without excuse and will be judged.

As such, the will of God has a perfectly good reason. We shall not be given signs and wonders anymore, because it is better for you to operate and grow on Faith than it is on the knowledge of his existence.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,985.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul writes " And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." I Cor. 2

By seeing signs and wonders, people become more aware of Yahweh and His nature.

Some are criticized for talking about signs and wonders when not talking about what Yahweh has done is disastrous. It results in "a stubborn and rebellious generation" (Psa 78) and changed the direction of nations (Exo 1:8 - ) - these are just two examples and not limited to just these two types.

Some are said to be chasing after signs and wonders, when most of the time, they're drawn to Him and they want to see Him/His power/His glory. Proximity can matter because Peter's shadow healed (Acts 5) and Paul's handkerchiefs or aprons healed (Acts 19). Of course, it was Yahweh.

Even the nations around Israel saw the presence and glory of Yahweh.

Matt 10 "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give."

We praise and worship Yahweh - getting our focus off ourselves and look to Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0