Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am in need of Prayer, please! In the last few years, I have become an empty nester, I became a caregiver, then my parents passed away, (during those years I was treated pretty rough by certain family members and one has tried to make it out that everything was on her shoulders and it was not, it was on mine), I had to give up my schooling, my job, and everything to do this. I was told by a temp service they could not help me because I was just a caregiver. When I went back to work, I was stressed and was grieving but I am on my own now and needed to work. I passed a test to do the insurance business but was not selling fast enough so was let go, Then Covid hit, I finally found a temp-full-time job, and then I ended up with Covid in 2020, I have been working For my previous job since Dec. 2020 and was just told this month that my job is being dissolved along with another lady that I work with. When I told my family about my struggles, she said, "Well, you know that you and I were only made to care for our parents." That really hurt, and I know this is not true from a Christian Standpoint but With the grief, stress, and pain I am in all of this is too much and I just need extra prayers to get through this, please! This is just a lot to deal with and if I know that someone else is praying I think I can get through all of it!

Caregiving is super-stressful on caregivers and often it is the caregiver that dies before the person they are caring for. Having ungrateful family members pile-on - only adds to the stress. Rest assured God sees the real picture - and great is your reward in heaven. Keep your eyes fixed on things above and all the mud-slinging satan can do on this earth will tend to roll-off a bit easier.

You sound like a true soldier of the cross.

Our real mission on Earth is to learn to reflect the "meek and mild" manner of Christ who was abused by family members, by close disciples and by church leaders of His day. They misunderstood Him and in some cases downright "disowned Him" right down to his last breath.

It was only at His resurrection that they "finally got a clue".

Look to Jesus.... Look to Jesus.

Here is some very practical help along those lines -- 680+ page free online commentary.

read it - devour it - let this focus on the life of Christ change your perspective.

It is an epic world-class commentary on the life of Christ - and for good reason. (Taste and see)

The Desire of Ages —

Reactions: TRR
Upvote 0

TRR

Mar 27, 2022
Tulsa
✟8,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Caregiving is super-stressful on caregivers and often it is the caregiver that dies before the person they are caring for. Having ungrateful family members pile-on - only adds to the stress. Rest assured God sees the real picture - and great is your reward in heaven. Keep your eyes fixed on things above and all the mud-slinging satan can do on this earth will tend to roll-off a bit easier.

You sound like a true soldier of the cross.

Our real mission on Earth is to learn to reflect the "meek and mild" manner of Christ who was abused by family members, by close disciples and by church leaders of His day. They misunderstood Him and in some cases downright "disowned Him" right down to his last breath.

It was only at His resurrection that they "finally got a clue".

Look to Jesus.... Look to Jesus.

Here is some very practical help along those lines -- 680+ page free online commentary.

read it - devour it - let this focus on the life of Christ change your perspective.

It is an epic world-class commentary on the life of Christ - and for good reason. (Taste and see)

The Desire of Ages —
Thank you everyone the past month has been so peaceful, and I did get a brand new job. After I poured out my heart to everyone here I received a great miracle. My last day was the 8th at my old job. I was given a chance for two more paychecks before my last day. My boss fought for me and the other girl at work to be able to get two paychecks. I started looking for a job on the Wed before the eighth and had a new job on the following Monday. I have had a member of my family apologize to me for the way they treated me. (He is even helping me out right now). My sister is calming down. And the new job I am being asked to teach other people how to do things on the computer and The head Doctor has even praised me for my work. I am in awe of what the Lord has done for me. I have actually had a change of heart about being alone and doing something I shouldn't. I realized from all of your posts that I am not alone and I have started writing again to see if I can help with my grieving process. Thank you for your support and I am sorry that I have not gotten back to you sooner. My Life has been on automatic GO GO GO for two weeks now. Thank you so much for your prayers, I am not sure I would have made it without them. God Bless You All!

Upvote 0

Veritas1

Feb 19, 2022
Cumbria
✟8,738.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Dear TTR,
I have just read your message for the first time and all the wonderful supportive and prayerfilled messages.
Do you know the poem about footprints in the sand. If not, look it up. There is one set of footprints in the sand. An anxious voice asks 'Where were you, Lord?' Why did you not come to my help? Then God replies - there is only one set of footprints because I was carrying you.
We can get so stressed for so many reasons that we don't even realise God is there. I often think about Mary weeping at the empty tomb, in such anguish and distress that she did not recognise the risen Christ, and thought it was the gardener standing next to her. It was only when He spoke her name, Mary, that she recognised Him. The Lord waits for us to seek Him, and when we do, He will find us, and we realise He was always there, waiting for us to turn to Him.

Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
I am in need of Prayer, please! In the last few years, I have become an empty nester, I became a caregiver, then my parents passed away, (during those years I was treated pretty rough by certain family members and one has tried to make it out that everything was on her shoulders and it was not, it was on mine), I had to give up my schooling, my job, and everything to do this. I was told by a temp service they could not help me because I was just a caregiver. When I went back to work, I was stressed and was grieving but I am on my own now and needed to work. I passed a test to do the insurance business but was not selling fast enough so was let go, Then Covid hit, I finally found a temp-full-time job, and then I ended up with Covid in 2020, I have been working For my previous job since Dec. 2020 and was just told this month that my job is being dissolved along with another lady that I work with. When I told my family about my struggles, she said, "Well, you know that you and I were only made to care for our parents." That really hurt, and I know this is not true from a Christian Standpoint but With the grief, stress, and pain I am in all of this is too much and I just need extra prayers to get through this, please! This is just a lot to deal with and if I know that someone else is praying I think I can get through all of it!

I know what that's like. My mom had to take care of my grandmother in her last years and when she passed we not only lost her house that I partly grew up in and was really special to me but we also lost our house around the same time. Is there a wholesome bible study group around you? Is there a Calvary Chapel around you? They study the entire word of God cover to cover.
Here is an excellent study of the beginning of Jesus' ministry and it goes in depth into why He said some of the things He did that are kind of obscure. Chuck Smith is an amazing teacher and he speaks to the heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know what that's like. My mom had to take care of my grandmother in her last years and when she passed we not only lost her house that I partly grew up in and was really special to me but we also lost our house around the same time. Is there a wholesome bible study group around you? Is there a Calvary Chapel around you? They study the entire word of God cover to cover.
Here is an excellent study of the beginning of Jesus' ministry and it goes in depth into why He said some of the things He did that are kind of obscure. Chuck Smith is an amazing teacher and he speaks to the heart.

Must say I don't generally promote particular teachers, but having met Chuck casually I found him to be genuinely humble.

Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Must say I don't generally promote particular teachers, but having met Chuck casually I found him to be genuinely humble.

I have a family member who met Chuck also.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single

A good friend of mine who taught me carpentry is from New Zealand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved one, I have prayed that God pulls you through these times of difficulties, that you may find those who truly care, close by.

May God’s peace be with you in every way.

Upvote 0