Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
we used to have such fun with icons and smilies...this one is delightful...it makes me laugh

----->
happy-pillow-fight-games-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

God is Truth. "Seek and ye(you) shall find."
Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
not sure where to post this but it’s becoming more than obvious what a farce they are.

Personally, I think that 99 percent of the time, they're used for good.
With that said, I believe that they bring encouragement to others, as well as hope. To take such a thing away would be a very bad idea, because a huge majority of the people on here really enjoy them, and like them, from what I can tell.

Someone can be having a bad day, and then they get one of those given to them by someone else, and it can make their day, or turn it around.
I don't see how something so positive, warming, and welcoming, could ever be a bad thing.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Personally, I think that 99 percent of the time, they're used for good.
With that said, I believe that they bring encouragement to others, as well as hope. To take such a thing away would be a very bad idea, because a huge majority of the people on here really enjoy them, and like them, from what I can tell.

Someone can be having a bad day, and then they get one of those given to them by someone else, and it can make their day, or turn it around.
I don't see how something so positive, warming, and welcoming, could ever be a bad thing.
Thank you. i agree. Your post brought a smile to my face.

:)

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There should then be a sorry button and a disagree button so the full spectrum of opinions is available. Those who disagree are not being represented unless they post as such.

So you don't think that people should explain why they disagree?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jahel

returned to old acct
Nov 18, 2019
Vancouver
✟26,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And I think the "ratings" were originally supposed to be "likes" so anything negative wouldn't be a "like" but a "dislike" or "hate".
They can be useful to look up a post that's been rated only w/o comment @ ratings you’ve given.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For our entertainment purposes? Yes, I suppose they should.

No, for charity purposes. Think of it in terms of common sense in a daily conversation between believers. Would it not be courteous and loving to explain why you disagree than to just rash out and say, "I disagree"?

Upvote 0

jahel

returned to old acct
Nov 18, 2019
Vancouver
✟26,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, for charity purposes. Think of it in terms of common sense in a daily conversation between believers. Would it not be courteous and loving to explain why you disagree than to just rash out and say, "I disagree"?
Perhaps, if we lived in an ideal world. Most assuredly! But like the quantum reps of old it becomes just a fashion statement after awhile :yawn:

• Useful
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

God is Truth. "Seek and ye(you) shall find."
Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That’s where a ruthless button would come in handy. or is this that ? :ebil: But that would still be a comment. :scratch:

how could something so positive, warming, and welcoming, ever be a bad thing?

And why would anyone on this site wish to put any negative gestures towards another on a regular basis? Personally, to me this whole Thread borders very closely on breaking the terms of use of this site. In thee aspect of rialing people up intentionally.

This site has rules and regulations that are in the best interest of Christianity, and what you're talking about my friend in Christ, are things that would basically go against that. God is perfect. God wouldn't want people sending other people negative things. He only wants us to support and lift each other up.

So I shall have to respectfully disagree with your stances in this thread, and this thread in general.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.