Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
...speaking of "features" on CF, is there a possibility that the zig-zag/pong feature will be brought back? They were such fun...

(i apologize if this is the wrong place to ask....this thread just brought it to mind...Thanks)

• Agree
Reactions: jahel
Upvote 0

jahel

returned to old acct
Nov 18, 2019
Vancouver
✟26,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
.......or one like this one...it makes me grin and chuckle....you could almost say it "ministers" as in "you make me feel like dancing"

happy-feet-penguin-smiley-emoticon.gif

(i LOVE icons and smilies....always have. )

4chsmu1.gif
Cook me up some bacon and some beans kinda thang? lol

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just shows how alone I stand :sad:
I think you have a good point -- so often those buttons don't work nearly as well as just saying what we mean.

There are so many posts, and such long threads that one thing I do like to do is help others see when a post is useful, and my response saying so isn't itself as helpful really as clicking the useful button so that others can see a post is being considered useful.

That way people can notice if a post gets several votes as useful.

Upvote 0

jahel

returned to old acct
Nov 18, 2019
Vancouver
✟26,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think you have a good point -- so often those buttons don't work nearly as well as just saying what we mean.

There are so many posts, and such long threads that one thing I do like to do is help others see when a post is useful, and my response saying so isn't itself as helpful really as clicking the useful button so that others can see a post is being considered useful.

That way people can notice if a post gets several votes as useful.
What was the question?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What was the question?
Oh sorry! I meant definitely you are not alone at all in that. And 2nd: the solution may be to change the available buttons, but perhaps keeping that very useful "Useful" button. Just an idea. If we lost the funny button and the winner button and the like button, we'd be ok imo.

Upvote 0

jahel

returned to old acct
Nov 18, 2019
Vancouver
✟26,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh sorry! I meant definitely you are not alone at all in that. And 2nd: the solution may be to change the available buttons, but perhaps keeping that very useful "Useful" button. Just an idea. If we lost the funny button and the winner button and the like button, we'd be ok imo.
A Joe Demagio button would be great for that cause I think you just hit a home run.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A Joe Demagio button would be great for that cause I think you just hit a home run.
Wow, you just made me realize how the main thing is having the wrong buttons, that mostly don't say good or better things we need to say.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We need buttons that don't say the wrong things. But allow us to say something at times without making a post.

Maybe some buttons that are more nuanced.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jahel

returned to old acct
Nov 18, 2019
Vancouver
✟26,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We need buttons that don't say the wrong things. But allow us to say something at times without making a post.

Maybe some buttons that are more nuanced.
I think a Mary Tyllor More hat flying in the sky would be one that would get used a lot but this is just a silly thread so would be appropriate in a fun forum.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.