Direction

nathan82

Feb 19, 2006
✟8,097.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel the same way brother. It's like, "is this the life God has planned for me?" I feel like I want more.

I think it comes back to trust. How much do I trust God? Can I be like the people (Jews?) that Jesus commanded to sell all their possessions and take up the cross?

I went on a mission trip in June for 2 1/2 weeks. I feel somewhat compelled (I don't feel the call yet as compared to the June trip) to straight up quit my job and go on a long-term trip. At the same time, I don't feel like I've grown since the trip. Maybe it's Satan that's trying to tear me down. I feel so much more struggle spiritually after the trip than before.

Or is God looking for me to endure the next few years? Maybe gain growth, help in the church ministry?

Does He have someone planned for me in the next few months? The next years? I'm talking to a girl right now. Maybe talk to her twice a week. We went to a b-ball game together on Friday (I suppose first "date"). Something could occur, but I don't know how much of a Christian she is.

So many questions to bring up to God. *phew* it all comes back to trust...I think.

Upvote 0

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think that happens with everyone. No one is really where they want to be, probably not even Bill Gates. Everyone wants to be able to do more, move forward, and not be in a stagnent state where you feel you're just not moving in a forward direction. I guess the real question you need to ask yourself is: "what can I do to get moving?"

nathan82, remember that the Disciples fought that money issue kicking and screaming. ;)

CJ

Upvote 0

nathan82

Feb 19, 2006
✟8,097.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was thinking of the rich man who spoke to Jesus.

He's like, "Lord, look at all the works I do! Look at how faithful I am. What more must I do get enter Heaven?"

Jesus says, "sell all your possessions and follow me."

The rich man walks away dissapointed.

This is one thing I notice about money: we can never have enough. I got a sizeable raise in January 2006, for a few days, I'm like wow! Now a couple months later, "I don't have enough, I need more." Stinks.

Upvote 0

kuntrygurl_26

Veteran
Feb 19, 2004
Louisiana
✟1,810.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yea, I have felt that way before, not now but I have before. When a 2 year relationship ended I just didn't know were to go and I was in the prayer room praying and God gave me the simplist of directions but I found It was the hardest to do. He said " Be still and know that I am God" After I left the prayer room that same day, that night the preacher preached on that verse! Sometimes when we don't know were to go or what to do we just have to be still and know he is God and know he has a plan!

Upvote 0

Beautiful Fireball

Tomorrow is another day
Apr 30, 2006
✟30,245.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No, I am not where I want to be in a lot of aspects with my life. With my walk, with my school, my job, or my relationships. Its not that I am unhappy but I feel that I could be doing so much more in all of those areas, especially with my walk. But there are somethings that I don't think we should ever be fully satisfied in. There is always room for improvement, growth, and learning.

Upvote 0

xladyfayre

Pixie Sunbelle
Nov 19, 2006
✟16,133.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
i have found happiness with my boyfriend- but i am not happy.... i cant even remember the last time i was truly happy. things happen and i get over them... but it all comes back. i am not where i should be with God I want to go to church, but i do not feel right at my mom's church so i stopped going. I hate my job. I like alot of my coworkers- but being the, "i do whatever you ask" person is not fun. i never get raises cos baggers dont get much of anything we are stuck with no way to move up- well, me anyways cos i cant work the register. my lack of an ability to lift heavy items makes it hard to move to stock. theres a new clothing store moving in down the street from where i work. hopefully i can apply there and maybe i can put out clothes and do something there. no one likes working at where i work... its so unpleasant. with school i can only do 3 days so i just think that at least i can only do 3 days.... even though its not much pay. i guess its fine... i cant do much, but since i cant come up with a Christmas list for my mom.... haha, how much money do i need at the moment? i got my pink phone.... ok, so i'd love a new lappy top, and a Doony and Burke purse.... $185 is too much for the perfect purse..................... :( idk, i shop myself happy.... its a bad thing. and if you cant be happy ever- it gets expensive.

Upvote 0

MarkEvan

Senior Veteran
Jun 15, 2006
Manchester
✟19,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone else feel like where they are in life is not where they want to be or should be. That God wants you to do better. But your stuck at a stand still and feel like you don't know what God wants of you?

Just up thinking late at night.

To a degree I think that we will think this kind of thought all the time, as someone has already said we are continually growing as christians and what God expects of us now is not what He will expect next year because in that time we will (if we walked in faith and love) have grown in His Spirit.

Below is a quote from Phillipias 3, because I think that Paul words how our attitude to growth should be, far better than I ever could.

7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. 12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Therefore let us, as many as are perfect, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. 16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule,[b] let us be of the same mind.

You see, if we continually dwell on how our lives have not served God as we would like them to have, then our eyes will be focused on the ground on ourselves and how we have displeased God. It isn`t wrong to mourn for the sin and wrongdoing that we do, but do not dwell on it but rather, "look up from whence your redeemer cometh."
The past has gone, nations and empires have risen and fallen.. and like a tree sheds its leaves so there time has ended, the future...well were not guarenteed that, and therefore taking the advice of our Lord theres no point worrying about it, what we do have however is the present, as others have had there time so we now have ours, it will not last very long so what we do with it is of vital importance, if our desire is to serve God then like Paul let us "forgetting those things that are behind, reach forward for those things that are ahead, pressing on toward the goal for the prize of the upward calling of Christ."

Mark :)

Upvote 0

Michael03

Dec 5, 2006
✟15,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely. I can't help but to feel like a "loser" sometimes. I have no job, and I have dropped out of school due to personal issues. I feel almost worthless at times, staying at home, and not doing much.

I feel like I am stuck too, and hoping that God will send a gust of wind to throw me in another direction. I'm not sure if thats accurate to say. I know I have to put forth some effort too. I keep thinking to myself, that one day I will find my way. If you are like me, you are very good at most things, but not a professional. Being like this, is hard to choose a career, and begin to perfect what you love to do in life.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes, I feel stuck in life a lot. And i'm out their trying to seek God's direction in certian things and I dunno. It's like i'm spinning my wheels and not getting very far. I'm trying to please and honour God and not go off and do my own thing, but I still feel stuck.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Definitely. I feel like I'm not trying nearly as hard as I could, and I feel like I'm really letting God down. And I also feel like I don't know what my purpose is in life, and like God isn't making that clear enough to me. In other words, I can totally sympathize with you. Hang in there and God bless!:hug:

Upvote 0