Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is much in the world..... UFO's, ghosts, dinosaurs, miracles not involving Jesus, other worlds and civilizations, apparitions.... the list can go on and on that all seem to contradict what the Bible plainly teaches. If every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God is to be believed and relied upon, consider this.

What if someone put things out there that were not at all real as a way to see if we would believe God alone? What if there were no dinosaurs at all, just planted "evidence" to see if we will believe God's word? If there was no first Adam, why should we believe in a second Adam? Do we see the dangers of letting go of scripture as truth?

Ultimately, for some, it will not matter what evidence there may "seem" to be. Their response is not "There were no dinosaurs" but rather it is simply "God knoweth." They do not let science affect their faith, they fix their eyes upon Jesus and follow Him alone. All will be plain in due time.

Sadly, there are others where these things that seem to go against the word erode their trust in the truth and integrity and trustworthiness of the Word, eventually in the really important areas. They stumble into error, and slowly but surely, they drift away from the reality and importance of faith in God and believing His word and His very illogical as sure.

Consider. The universe is vast, so vast our brains cannot wrap around it. Is it not probable that there is life on other planets? But we are told that at the end, God is going to roll up the heavens like a scroll, and all the astronomers will find out how unsmart they were. They will have ended up, as many do today, still eating from the knowledge of good and evil, trusting in THEIR reasonings and wisdom, and not the tree of life. Ultimately, they take the place of God, fashioning Him as THEY seem reasonable. They become the potter and God the clay. It is dangerous ground to tread.

I love what Jesus said to Peter when he and the other disciples were complaining to Jesus that it had been rumored that John would be the only one who would not die before Jesus returned. Peter asked Jesus:

"What about him?"

Jesus said:

What has that got to do with you? YOU follow me."

Whenever I hit something my brain stumbles over such as the eternalness of Hell or what happens to those who never heard the gospel, that is what I remind myself. God is a good God. God is a fair God and whatever He does is GOOD amd RIGHT and FAIR. Those questions have NOTHING to do with me. My responsibility is to follow Him and believe what He said. Period.

Blessings,

Gideon

yup :) too many things in God for me to comprehend .. i canot attain unto them .. but HE can :) so we rest in him .

all the things in this world (non glorifying of God)..are OF this world and the lord Said are of the spirit of this world -which is the spirit of anti Christ . so as i have said elsewhere i say again here ..
that which is real - is not automatically that which is truth .
ie - the serpent came to Eve and lied to her .. a very REAL lie .

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

FriendOfJesus916

Continuing to be Remade
Dec 14, 2013
✟7,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know as Christians most of us regard the bible as the inspired word of God. On this forum I've seen many opinions which is why I say most...but that's for another thread.

My question is, where do dinosaurs fit in biblical times?

Dragons/Behemoths/Dinosaurs whatever you call them lived in Genesis and Job times. But after the flood, they ran out of food to eat I believe and went extinct because of lack of food source.

Job 40 15-20

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.

16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.

17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.

18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.

19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.

20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.

Upvote 0

SilverBlade

May 12, 2013
✟16,008.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dragons/Behemoths/Dinosaurs whatever you call them lived in Genesis and Job times. But after the flood, they ran out of food to eat I believe and went extinct because of lack of food source.

Could it also be possible that the dragons/behemoths could have been killed off by people? We have stories about medieval knights slaying the dragons (which they probably embellished on by adding in abilities like flying dragons or fire-breathing dragons to make the story better).

Upvote 0

Resilient Mixedbreed

Jan 3, 2014
London
✟15,187.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
“By his neesings (blowing air out of his nose) a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning. Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out. Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron. His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.” (Job 41:19-21)

So many stories all over the world of fire breathing dragons, always dragons not fire breathing X, dragons are in the bible, some dinosaur skulls have compartments and enlarged sinuses in the head nobody knows what they are for. Bombadier beetles have 2 chemicals in their body that mix and blast at enemies 212 farenheit.

Im sure dragons in the bible and in dragon legends around the world were just dinosaurs. I think dinosaurs were just reptiles that grew really big, seeing as reptiles never stop growing and everything lived a long time pre flood and grew very big, a lot more oxygen in the atmosphere back then.

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
“By his neesings (blowing air out of his nose) a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning. Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out. Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron. His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.” (Job 41:19-21)

So many stories all over the world of fire breathing dragons, always dragons not fire breathing X, dragons are in the bible, some dinosaur skulls have compartments and enlarged sinuses in the head nobody knows what they are for. Bombadier beetles have 2 chemicals in their body that mix and blast at enemies 212 farenheit.

Im sure dragons in the bible and in dragon legends around the world were just dinosaurs. I think dinosaurs were just reptiles that grew really big, seeing as reptiles never stop growing and everything lived a long time pre flood and grew very big, a lot more oxygen in the atmosphere back then.

Dude.....just stop. Please. It is embarrassing.

By the way, there are also stories of fairies, vampires, werewolves, unicorns and many other kinds of monsters and fantasy creatures, aliens visiting Earth via UFO's, etc. But just because there are so many stories of these things, do not make them true.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know as Christians most of us regard the bible as the inspired word of God. On this forum I've seen many opinions which is why I say most...but that's for another thread.

My question is, where do dinosaurs fit in biblical times?

The Bible is indeed the living Word of God, and He gave us all that He wants us to know. You can contact www.icr.org to learn about dinosaurs and creation --a very good source by top scientists who are Christians. There are also indications that the dinosaurs co-existed with the man Job ---see that Book!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dude.....just stop. Please. It is embarrassing.

By the way, there are also stories of fairies, vampires, werewolves, unicorns and many other kinds of monsters and fantasy creatures, aliens visiting Earth via UFO's, etc. But just because there are so many stories of these things, do not make them true.

Good morning.

I've not seen you guy's opposing views yet, do you have any views or anything of substance to contribute to the thread?

I am honestly bemused by the replies to your post by some who wear a christian icon - i would expect such replies from an atheist and little such attitude from others .. you were quoting from the book of Job where it is "GOD" speaking .we do not fully understand which creature he was speaking about having not seen such a creature in our day to relate to it .

but in honesty I think the questions you asked in regard to possibilities are a valid line of questioning. And they are ONLY questions .there are a few theories of what this Leviathan was and much conjecture ..but the modern term "dragon" and our concept of it .. scales like stone that bounce spears? ..sparks fire smoke etc , is the best match there is - so rather then mock you over those questions i think it is fair to simply post the entire chapter ..in this case from the NIV ..as the term "neesings "is not used in modern English .. being nostrils . :) it seems this is also a sea dwelling creature on top of all that 9just to confound us more haha.
this is what the LORD asked .

Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook
or tie down its tongue with a rope?
2 Can you put a cord through its nose
or pierce its jaw with a hook?
3 Will it keep begging you for mercy?
Will it speak to you with gentle words?
4 Will it make an agreement with you
for you to take it as your slave for life?
5 Can you make a pet of it like a bird
or put it on a leash for the young women in your house?
6 Will traders barter for it?
Will they divide it up among the merchants?
7 Can you fill its hide with harpoons
or its head with fishing spears?
8 If you lay a hand on it,
you will remember the struggle and never do it again!
9 Any hope of subduing it is false;
the mere sight of it is overpowering.
10 No one is fierce enough to rouse it.
Who then is able to stand against me?(Insert-the lord displays in this sentence that he is LORD over this beast also)
11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Everything under heaven belongs to me.
12 “I will not fail to speak of Leviathan’s limbs,
its strength and its graceful form.
13 Who can strip off its outer coat?
Who can penetrate its double coat of armor[b]?
14 Who dares open the doors of its mouth,
ringed about with fearsome teeth?
15 Its back has[c] rows of shields
tightly sealed together;

16 each is so close to the next
that no air can pass between.

17 They are joined fast to one another;
they cling together and cannot be parted.
18 Its snorting throws out flashes of light;
its eyes are like the rays of dawn.
19 Flames stream from its mouth;
sparks of fire shoot out.

20 Smoke pours from its nostrils
as from a boiling pot over burning reeds.
21 Its breath sets coals ablaze,
and flames dart from its mouth.

22 Strength resides in its neck;
dismay goes before it.
23 The folds of its flesh are tightly joined;
they are firm and immovable.
24 Its chest is hard as rock,
hard as a lower millstone.

25 When it rises up, the mighty are terrified;
they retreat before its thrashing.
26 The sword that reaches it has no effect,
nor does the spear or the dart or the javelin.
27 Iron it treats like straw
and bronze like rotten wood.
28 Arrows do not make it flee;
slingstones are like chaff to it.
29 A club seems to it but a piece of straw;
it laughs at the rattling of the lance.
30 Its undersides are jagged potsherds,

leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.
31 It makes the depths churn like a boiling caldron
and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment.
32 It leaves a glistening wake behind it;
one would think the deep had white hair.
33 Nothing on earth is its equal—
a creature without fear.
34 It looks down on all that are haughty;
it is king over all that are proud.”
--------------------

whatever it was / is .. it is a Fearsome thing ..but the last sentence has always made me think that is why the adversary is also referred to as a dragon .. being filled with pride and king of the proud .. and the proud are they who God holds at a distance where as the humble he draws close to himself .

God bless you

Upvote 0

rustom

Jul 1, 2013
✟7,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is actually very logical to believe and take Genesis for it's word literally. Take an ice age for example, many scientists believe that there was an ice age during some point but most hold to the view that there have been multiple ice ages that have occurred over lengthy periods of time (hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years). But creation scientists, who take Genesis literally also believe that there was an ice age, and how the global flood made the right conditions for an ice age.

I believe that Dinosaurs were created with the land animals and they all ate grass. When the time came of the flood, God had already put to of every Dinosaur at that time into the ark. Remember that dinosaurs are born from eggs (well I think most of them are) so God took the young ones in appose to the fully groan ones like a mature Brachiosaurus. After the flood, is when some became carnivores.

The reason the bible doesn't say anything about Dinosaurs is, as mentioned earlier, a modern term that didn't exist during biblical times. And as some have stated, there were Behemoths, Leviathans, Dragons and such which are presumably what those creatures where called back then.

One evidence that dinosaurs did eat grass is that recent studies on dinosaur dung shows evidence of a "leafy" diet.

If you want more about this, there are a few good and popular ministries that defend the biblical account of creation. They include articles and pages that are scientific and go in hand with God's word; they focus heavily on apologetics that tackle anything over 6000-7000 years which includes evolution.

creation.com
Answers in Genesis - Creation, Evolution, Christian Apologetics

Those ministries are conservative and fully believe that God's word is infallible and that Jesus is the Son of God that came to save the lost. I think they're great resources that could refresh your faith against anything the world thinks that goes against the word of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi stassit,

Just to give you my understanding. I believe wholeheartedly in the 6 day creation of this entire realm of existence in which we live. From the farthest star at one end of the universe to the farthest at the other. From the smallest 'piece' of things, considering the microbial and atomic, to the largest creature and star.

Because I believe that, then dinosaurs have to have existed within that time frame. Others have written of some evidence that dinosaurs lived with man and we do find that even Job is told of a creature that seems only to describe what we know of as a dinosaur. Therefore, I know that dinosaurs lived with mankind in the early centuries of the existence of this realm. They were included as a part of the creatures and beasts that were made on day six.

Now, you ask what happened to them? Well, no one knows. All we know is that they aren't here with us now...well, at least not as they were then. I add that last bit because there are some who believe that dinosaurs are a part of the reptilian genus and so, we may have them with us, but they aren't as big as they used to be.

There is some research that suggests that some reptiles never stop growing. If we assume that the long lives described in the Genesis account also carried over to the lives of other creatures, then very possibly much of the evidence we have of 'dinosaurs' may well just be 200-300 year old lizards. However, I readily admit that all of that is just as much guess work as is the theory of evolution.

There are others who think that the dinosaurs were a separate 'type' of species and that they died out at some point, which point may well be the flood. Some of the evidence to support that can be expressed just by watching body degeneration now. I have hundreds of dogs and cats and deer and other wild life that live in my area, yet when I go out walking in the woods I don't find carcasses scattered about all over the place. Why is that?

Well, under normal circumstances, living creatures, upon their death, are broken down by bacteria and bugs. We can take a dead dog and lay it out on the ground in some protected area from scavenging animals, and within a matter of months all the soft tissue will be gone, but then it does take several years for the bones to finally succumb to the elements.

However, fossilization is a bit trickier process. Generally speaking, and using only nature and not manmade applications of some kind, for a bone to be fossilized, it must first be covered in some kind of sediment. There are only a very few ways that we can reproduce this activity in nature. Volcanic eruptions can cause fossilization. Sedimentation from flooding can also cause fossilization. This explains many of the smaller shell and invertebrate fossilization found throughout the earth, but it isn't really a practical means by which larger bone structures can be fossilized. Many believe that the only explanation, allowed within the timeframe of the 6 day/6,000 year old creation account is the flood of Noah's day.

However, I repeat, we cannot empirically prove any answer for 'what happened to the dinosaurs'?

I hope that this helps.
God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StassiT

Dec 20, 2013
✟7,795.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi stassit,

Just to give you my understanding. I believe wholeheartedly in the 6 day creation of this entire realm of existence in which we live. From the farthest star at one end of the universe to the farthest at the other. From the smallest 'piece' of things, considering the microbial and atomic, to the largest creature and star.

Because I believe that, then dinosaurs have to have existed within that time frame. Others have written of some evidence that dinosaurs lived with man and we do find that even Job is told of a creature that seems only to describe what we know of as a dinosaur. Therefore, I know that dinosaurs lived with mankind in the early centuries of the existence of this realm. They were included as a part of the creatures and beasts that were made on day six.

Now, you ask what happened to them? Well, no one knows. All we know is that they aren't here with us now...well, at least not as they were then. I add that last bit because there are some who believe that dinosaurs are a part of the reptilian genus and so, we may have them with us, but they aren't as big as they used to be.

There is some research that suggests that some reptiles never stop growing. If we assume that the long lives described in the Genesis account also carried over to the lives of other creatures, then very possibly much of the evidence we have of 'dinosaurs' may well just be 200-300 year old lizards. However, I readily admit that all of that is just as much guess work as is the theory of evolution.

There are others who think that the dinosaurs were a separate 'type' of species and that they died out at some point, which point may well be the flood. Some of the evidence to support that can be expressed just by watching body degeneration now. I have hundreds of dogs and cats and deer and other wild life that live in my area, yet when I go out walking in the woods I don't find carcasses scattered about all over the place. Why is that?

Well, under normal circumstances, living creatures, upon their death, are broken down by bacteria and bugs. We can take a dead dog and lay it out on the ground in some protected area from scavenging animals, and within a matter of months all the soft tissue will be gone, but then it does take several years for the bones to finally succumb to the elements.

However, fossilization is a bit trickier process. Generally speaking, and using only nature and not manmade applications of some kind, for a bone to be fossilized, it must first be covered in some kind of sediment. There are only a very few ways that we can reproduce this activity in nature. Volcanic eruptions can cause fossilization. Sedimentation from flooding can also cause fossilization. This explains many of the smaller shell and invertebrate fossilization found throughout the earth, but it isn't really a practical means by which larger bone structures can be fossilized. Many believe that the only explanation, allowed within the timeframe of the 6 day/6,000 year old creation account is the flood of Noah's day.

However, I repeat, we cannot empirically prove any answer for 'what happened to the dinosaurs'?

I hope that this helps.
God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Thank you for your thoughtful response, much to think about...God Bless :)

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good to see Bible believing Christians in this thread.

Not accepting that Dinosaurs made an appearance in the bible/lived along side Man, does not mean im not a bible believing christian. Please don't try to draw some line in the sand between who is and who isn't a bible believing Christian.

We all believe the bible holds importance for us as Christians, especially in the path towards salvation. However some of us interpret certain things differently (which shouldn't be surprising because there has always been differences in interpreting certain things from the bible throughout Christian history). But that's ok :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Not accepting that Dinosaurs made an appearance in the bible/lived along side Man, does not mean im not a bible believing christian. Please don't try to draw some line in the sand between who is and who isn't a bible believing Christian.

We all believe the bible holds importance for us as Christians, especially in the path towards salvation. However some of us interpret certain things differently (which shouldn't be surprising because there has always been differences in interpreting certain things from the bible throughout Christian history). But that's ok :)

^This

Upvote 0

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
It may very well do that. However, a lot of Christian ideology/doctrine is manmade, based off interpreted texts from the Bible. Many Christian beliefs tend to be inferred, and not so much black and white. Just remember, there is a flip side to every coin.

I am fully aware that this is getting into the gray area. I understand that this can be dangerous territory for some, especially if they are having questions or doubts. We can sit here and argue semantics all day long, but it all boils down to 3 simple things:

1. Love God
2. Believe in Jesus as the messiah and savior
3. Love others

The rest are just points for debate, based off individual interpretation of the same verses.

Getting back to original sin, even an allegory may have some truth to it. Perhaps Adam and Eve did happen as described. Maybe the early Hebrew attempt to explain creation is not quite accurate, but the Garden of Eden story was. There are far too many "what if" scenarios. If you feel more comfortable believing in a literal Genesis, by all means go for it. Just know that others will disagree with you.

The question is...does it really matter?

If I said that Adam and Eve were not the first humans, would it matter?
Yes it does matter. Paul Constantly compares Jesus as the Second Adam, so if the first Adam doesn't exist, then Christ died for someone's imaginary sins. Romans 5:10-21 shows us that by one man sin entered the world and by one man we have hope of eternal life. 1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. The contrast between the tow is made evident. Jesus came to earth to die for ours and this started when Adam disobeyed God.

Basically you are saying that God used death as a natural agent.
8112death-pain.jpg

The Bible clearly states that death came as a result of Adam's sin, but according to evolutionary teaching death has always been with us. When Jesus rose from the dead, something science teaches is impossible, he showed he had power over death. If death has been around before man, then it means that God allowed us to live in a world made to suffer, hardly a God worth loving, since he is cold and heartless for allowing us to live in this world. But since the world we live is a result of God's punishment, not what was intended for us, and God has promised we will live in a world that we were meant to live, one were we don't suffer.

We have been conditioned that man didn't live dinosaurs, but that is not true. I have a book that had detailed photographic evidence from around the world of drawings and the like of creatures that we would know as dinosaurs. It starts of will early representation of dinosaurs that are so out of character of what we know now, but they did the best they could, showing that those before them had to have seen them to be so accurate in their details of these creatures. Creation Ministries (Australia)

Upvote 0