United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's not a Sumatran Rhino.

THIS is a Sumatran Rhino"

a2bd5985cffa34675a7d24058321230a.jpg

This is a slightly different angle of the claimed Stegosaurus carving showing the details f the head:

P1030144.jpg

Given the horns and lack of tail spikes. It looks pretty similar to me.

And as to the "plates" running down the back, here's another carving on the same temple with similar "plates" around the head.

column-jclose.jpg

What animal is that exactly?

Nope the head and tail are both wrong if it is supposed to be a Stegosaurus. If it is a Sumatran Rhino, only the claimed "plates" are wrong.

So based on major features alone, the Sumatran Rhino is a closer fit; one major difference vs. two.

That's a better picture and reasoning. I think the other animal looks monkey like to me .

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, it is an assumption and unicorns do not exist, no matter what the Bible says. God's creation has more validity over the Bible.

I said perhaps and put a '?' at the end of my suggestion. In order for an assumption to be made, a statement must be put forward not a question.

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, it is an assumption and unicorns do not exist, no matter what the Bible says. God's creation has more validity over the Bible.

And the Bible has more validity than God's creation:

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,888.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I said perhaps and put a '?' at the end of my suggestion. In order for an assumption to be made, a statement must be put forward not a question.

An assumption does not have to be a definitive statement.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately the lack of serious evidence to support your assertions does render your extensive post nonsense. I applaud you for seeking to aid the OP in his quest. However, I note that sincerity and accuracy are not the same thing.

Sorry, I'm not about to take a lecture on accuracy from a proponent of evolution. It's kind of like being lectured about child safety from an abortion doctor.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,888.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, I'm not about to take a lecture on accuracy from a proponent of evolution. It's kind of like being lectured about child safety from an abortion doctor.

Yeah like THAT'S not being insulting.

• Agree
Reactions: Skreeper
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

And I don't get my science education from creationists.

P.S. My aunt is a doctor who performs abortions. She also has 2 children and she is an excellent mother.

Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You don't get education from evolutionist either.

You get education from scientists. And scientists teach evolution because it's the best evidenced scientific theory that explains the diversity of life.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,888.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
You don't like admitting when you wrong do you :)

I'm not wrong though. You made the assumption that it was an unknown dinosaur. Even if you phrase it as a question, if you make a statement which has no grounding, then it's still an assumption.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What this boils down to is that the Bible doesn't say man lived with dinosaurs and there is no scientific evidence for it either, but it must be true if the Creationist interpretation of Genesis is correct. Therefore it is true, because the alternative is unthinkable.

It's the same kind of reasoning that allows Creationist to assert that the Fountains of the Deep erupted with such force during the Flood as to blow chunks of the Earth into space to form the Asteroid Belt. It doesn't say so in the Bible, but if you deny it you're calling Christ a liar.

So because the conclusion that man lived with dinosaurs is a truth with the authority of divine revelation, it doesn't matter if the evidence presented to the rest of us is flimsy or fabricated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0