Did You Really Not Know That Christ Must Be Obeyed? --Yes, You!

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It’s obvious that one person on here isn’t married. ^_^

Because of what?

One person only? Maybe, two? Remember, Paul was a bachelor. Yet, he understood relationships better than the ones who were in them. God's grace and Truth manifested and living.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Because of what?

One person only? Maybe, two? Remember, Paul was a bachelor. Yet, he understood relationships better than the ones who were in them. God's grace and Truth manifested and living.
My point is that it’s impossible to be honest about sinless perfection and be married.

• Useful
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The devils believe too, and they tremble.
But supposed believers can disobey God without a twitch?

You misquote. You miss out.

It says demons believe there is "one God."

Believers believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Demons do not believe in the Lord Jesus Christ... But, only that God exists!

Many religious people believe there is a God. But, they refuse to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now. stop misquoting Scripture, please. Its a sign of sloppy reasoning if it happens too often.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
And, she is your better half! :angel:
upload_2020-6-2_16-7-45.gif

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well? Was the young man in Corinth who was sleeping with his mother not crucified with Christ? Were all the raunchy Corinthian believers also not crucified with Christ because they were boasting about this incident?

You still do not understand positional truth. It can only be experiential if we are controlled by the Spirit, and according to how much was have matured in Christ (the Word of God).

It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and immorality
of such a kind as does not exist even among the Gentiles, that someone has
his father’s wife. You have become proud and have not mourned instead,

so that the one who had done this deed would be removed from your midst." 1 Cor 5:1-2

We would have been hearing from Paul loud shouting that this young man needs to get saved, or, about how he will lose his salvation... Why don't we?

But, we do not. Paul even differentiates between the congregation and the unsaved.

You are going to have to come to grips with this part of reality if you are going to learn to accept what the Lord has us placed inside of, so we can learn to have inner happiness and tranquility of soul. Happiness by His grace and His Word living in us giving us a gentle power to overcome. Its not achieved by entering into escapism and delusion by misinterpretation of God's Word. Such misinterpretation becomes as a drug to our soul. Living in unreality and defying reality with error.

The sexualy immoral man in the Corinthian church was not saved during the time of his sexual immorality.

Keep reading.

“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).​

I remember talking to a believer on another Christian forum before who was so desperate to not see what this was passage saying that he said that “inherit the kingdom of God” is in reference to recruiting Christians. Utter ridiculousness. That is the lengths folks will go to not see the truth of the plain Word of God here. “Inherit the Kingdom of God” is related to entering God's Kingdom.

33 “And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world
(Matthew 25:33-34).​

Matthew 25:33-39 is dealing with the sheep who enter God's Kingdom.
Matthew 25:40-46 is dealing with the goats who shall go away into everlasting punishment.

So “inherit the kingdom” is dealing with salvation.
So Paul is warning that those individuals who do the sins listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 will not be saved or inherit the Kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In other words? What we will have evaluated by fire is what you choose to believe.

And, how could any believer end up with "wood, hay, and stubble" if they were only getting what they were to believe as you claimed?

Were the apostles teaching false doctrines?

See the problem with your logic?

In your mind, you don't think believers can fall away from the faith.
If this is so, then you must think the Lord chose Judas as a devil. I don't.
What fellowship does light have with darkness? God does not choose evil.
God did not choose an evil disciple. Judas started out good, and it was the reason why God initially chose Him, but like Saul, he turned out later to be a bad apple. The Corinthians falling into the sins of strife and envy (1 Corinthians 3:3) was on them and not on Paul. It was the Corinthian's fault and not the fault of Paul. Paul led them to the truth with the gospel, but they were now going to throw that away by their sin. Paul cannot force people to be saved. It's up to the individual if they want to continue to abide with the Lord or not.

What do you think happened at the Fall when Adam disobeyed God?
Sin happened and he died spiritually.
Sure, he most likely sought forgiveness with the Lord later.
But the point here is that you think things have changed in regards to sin since the Garden. The devil was trying to sell Eve on the lie that she could sin and still be saved.
The devil is still up to his ole tricks.
Even the majority of the Israelites who were led out of Egypt by God later fell in the wilderness and died on the account of their sin. They later became unsaved by their unbelief and sin. The Israelites... started off good by putting the blood on the doorposts, etc. but they wanted to go back to Egypt and its sins and they do not want to follow God's instructions into the promised land.

I believe many (not all) in the church today appear to be doing the same thing.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What do you think happened at the Fall when Adam disobeyed God?
Sin happened and he died spiritually.
Sure, he most likely sought forgiveness with the Lord later.

The Lord shed blood in sacrifice (the animal skins provided to cover Adam and Eve). In Adam's mind he instantly repented after knowing he did wrong. The Lord quickly provided the blood needed to cover for their sins, and skins to cover their bodies.

But the point here is that you think things have changed in regards to sin since the Garden. The devil was trying to sell Eve on the lie that she could sin and still be saved.

Eve had no concept of being saved. Up until her deception no one needed to be saved. The Bible says she was deceived. She could not understand what was going on. The Bible says it was Ada who knew what he was doing. Adam sinned knowingly.

The devil is still up to his ole tricks.
Even the majority of the Israelites who were led out of Egypt by God later fell in the wilderness and died on the account of their sin. They later became unsaved by their unbelief and sin.

Unsaved? You confuse our eternal salvation by belief in Christ. And, our salvation from evil in the world if we walk according to God's Word. Two different types of salvation you blur.

The Israelites... started off good by putting the blood on the doorposts, etc. but they wanted to go back to Egypt and its sins and they do not want to follow God's instructions into the promised land.
Obedience to God after you are saved by faith in Christ is not the same thing as securing salvation by the obedience required by God after being saved. Believers who rebel will die the sin onto death. But, God does not bother with the unbelievers who are always in rebellion.

I believe many (not all) in the church today appear to be doing the same thing.

Learn what the Word teaches and you can avoid getting in line with them in your own way. For Jesus said the road to destruction is 'broad and wide.' For there are many ways believers reject doing God's will for their lives. One of the worst is the legalism of thinking you can work to keep your salvation. Jesus did that work on the Cross. He does not need our two cents.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The sexualy immoral man in the Corinthian church was not saved during the time of his sexual immorality.

Keep reading..

Keep reading the context found. Then see if you can conclude the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can not figure out what your problem is, sir. You are definitely bothered by something, but always fall short of articulating what it actually is.

Are you saying that God is like a mean drill sergeant? That we all must pop to, and march as you see fit?
I do not sense one peaceful relaxed bone in your tone, sir. Its as if you are mad to find out men are sinners and not perfect, and are going to whip them into perfection. Why are you so angry?
I am saying that God loved us so much that He gave His only begotten Son to die for us, and He is therefore worthy of our obedience.
I am saying that if you want to take advantage of that death so you can continue sinning without fear of recourse you are kidding yourself.
How can one not love the man who died for them?
Sinning shows only hate for Jesus.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well? Was the young man in Corinth who was sleeping with his mother not crucified with Christ?
No.
Obviously a man serving supposedly dead lusts wasn't crucified with Christ.

Were all the raunchy Corinthian believers also not crucified with Christ because they were boasting about this incident?
At least you do realize the adulterer wasn't crucified with Christ.
If the other Corinthians were also serving the flesh, the flesh wasn't crucified.

You still do not understand positional truth. It can only be experiential if we are controlled by the Spirit, and according to how much was have matured in Christ (the Word of God).
You speak of "positional" truth without the manifestation of the truth.
Murders and adulterers will not be saved unless they turn from their sins.
We can't kill one-another and call ourselves lovers of God.
If we are not controlled by the Spirit, we are controlled by the allegedly dead flesh, and are still servants of sin.

We would have been hearing from Paul loud shouting that this young man needs to get saved, or, about how he will lose his salvation... Why don't we?
What do we see?
Paul tells them to kick him out so the church might be saved.
"In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus." (1 Cor 5:4-5)

But, we do not. Paul even differentiates between the congregation and the unsaved.
Paul does indeed differentiate between sinner and the congregation, in 1 Cor 5:4-5.
Paul revisits it in 2 Cor 2:6-8..."Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.
So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.
Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him."

You are going to have to come to grips with this part of reality if you are going to learn to accept what the Lord has us placed inside of, so we can learn to have inner happiness and tranquility of soul. Happiness by His grace and His Word living in us giving us a gentle power to overcome. Its not achieved by entering into escapism and delusion by misinterpretation of God's Word. Such misinterpretation becomes as a drug to our soul. Living in unreality and defying reality with error.
If the adulterer was "positionally" in Christ, why did Paul tell the church, in Jesus' name, to get him out of there?

• Informative
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am saying that God loved us so much that He gave His only begotten Son to die for us, and He is therefore worthy of our obedience.

That's how you distort what I say.

You have been saying when you are born again you will cease being a sinner. Trouble with that is.. Many young believers in the Lord struggle with sin as they wade their way through finding themselves saved.

According to your take? They would be compelled to think that they really did not get saved.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am saying that if you want to take advantage of that death so you can continue sinning without fear of recourse you are kidding yourself.
How can one not love the man who died for them?
Sinning shows only hate for Jesus.
Brother, you must account for the frailty of the flesh--not to justify sin, but to appreciate the empowerment of the Spirit.

You must also distinguish between mortal sin, and non-mortal sin.

Brother, today, while by myself, I sinned by cursing, and this was due to a stressful moment, wherein I recalled an injustice, and I blurted out a curse word, and then immediately repented of my unrighteous anger.

--Brother, what I did was a sin, but I do not practice sin: those who know me would've been astonished at hearing any profanity pass my lips, because I never curse, but I did today.

Brother, that is an example of sin not unto death, but it is sin, nonetheless.

As Christians we are now under the grace of God, which has come through Jesus Christ (Yehoshua Messiah): this grace and truth shows us, that God is for us, especially when we fail.

God cannot be deceived, dear brother, He knows those of us who are His, and those who are of Satan, that take His grace and use it as a license to sin--God will condemn them in the last day.

But as for you, dear brother, please reconsider my earlier admonitions, and please judge my personal testimony to you, and search within your heart to see, if you really believe, that I, in anyway, hate the Lord.

Godspeed to you, dear brother, and I look forward to your response, amen.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the adulterer was "positionally" in Christ, why did Paul tell the church, in Jesus' name, to get him out of there?

For his needed discipline. Paul had handed him over for Satan to inflict him.

They were to ostracize him until he repented.

In the next book Paul has to tell them to stop doing so, because he suffered enough and was to return to the fold, forgiven by them all. They were still ostracizing him out of obedience of Paul's command to remove him. But, now he was grieved and wanted forgiveness.

Paul tells them its time to stop ostracizing him, and welcome him back into fellowship.

The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient. Now instead,
you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed
by excessive sorrow. I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him.
Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be
obedient in everything. Anyone you forgive, I also forgive. And what I have
forgiven—if there was anything to forgive—I have forgiven in the sight of
Christ for your sake, in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are
not unaware of his schemes." (2 Cor 2:6-11)

That young man was forgiven by Paul and the congregation, and restored to fellowship with them. No mention of him needing to get saved. For, he had been saved already.

grace and peace....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Brother, you must account for the frailty of the flesh--not to justify sin, but to appreciate the empowerment of the Spirit.

Brother, today, while by myself, I sinned by cursing, and this was due to a stressful moment, wherein I recalled an injustice, and I blurted out a curse word, and then immediately repented of my unrighteous anger.

--Brother, what I did was a sin, but I do not practice sin: those who know me would've been astonished at hearing any profanity pass my lips, because I never curse, but I did today.

As Christians we are now under the grace of God, which has come through Jesus Christ (Yehoshua Messiah): this grace and truth shows us, that God is for us, especially when we fail.

God cannot be deceived, dear brother, He knows those of us who are His, and those who are of Satan, that take His grace and use it as a license to sin--God will condemn them in the last day.

But as for you, dear brother, please reconsider my earlier admonitions, and please judge my personal testimony to you, and search within your heart to see, if you really believe, that I, in anyway, hate the Lord.

Godspeed to you, dear brother, and I look forward to your response, amen.

What would have happened had you had a sudden heart-attack and failed to repent before you died?

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The flesh, and all things associated with it, were killed at our "immersion" into Christ's death.

What for, as the wages of any sin is death.
The death we suffered with Christ at our crucifixion with Christ.

What is the difference between sin-repent, sin-repent, sin repent and the Mosaic Law?
Both offer nothing for quitting committing sin; just band-aids for unrighteousness.

It is written..."Now we know that God heareth not sinners: " (John 9:31)
If you don't cease form sin, permanently, God will never hear your often repentances.
Have one, final, REAL, permanent turn from sin.
Then you can ask God for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
And you can quit categorizing different kinds of sin.
"All unrighteousness is sin."

He is for us, and has made everything we need NOT to fall.
It is written..."Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: " (2 Peter 1:10)

It amazes me that so many "believers" don't believe that.

It isn't up to me, as Jesus said it Himself..."No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other." (Matt 6:24)
Jesus also said they who commit sin are the servants of sin, (John 8:34), so servers of sin can't serve God too.

Belief. Repentance. Baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins, (and the death and burial of the old man). And the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Endure till the end, faithfully, and you will be saved at the final judgement.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For his needed discipline. Paul had handed him over for Satan to inflict him.

They were to ostracize him until he repented.

In the next book Paul has to tell them to stop doing so, because he suffered enough and was to return to the fold, forgiven by them all. They were still ostracizing him out of obedience of Paul's command to remove him. But, now he was grieved and wanted forgiveness.

Paul tells them its time to stop ostracizing him, and welcome him back into fellowship.

The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient. Now instead,
you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed
by excessive sorrow. I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him.
Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be
obedient in everything. Anyone you forgive, I also forgive. And what I have
forgiven—if there was anything to forgive—I have forgiven in the sight of
Christ for your sake, in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are
not unaware of his schemes." (2 Cor 2:6-11)

That young man was forgiven by Paul and the congregation, and restored to fellowship with them. No mention of him needing to get saved. For, he had been saved already.

Too bad it isn't noted if he repented or not.
I hope he eventually did become a believer.

• Informative
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Paul told the congregation to welcome him back. That he suffered enough.

I have a feeling that you can be quite unfeeling by the way you keep missing crux of things.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

If the man Believed that Jesus died for his sins and rose from the grave, he was saved.Period. That is a Promise from God.
Repentance is “ the change of mind” that takes you from NOT believing the Gospel to a person that BELIEVES the Gospel, thus becoming a Member Of The Body Of Christ,hence covered by Grace.....Grace is what cover sins until we make it “Home”
Too many confused “believers” try to supplant God’s Way Of Salvation— Grace Plus Nothing — with Repentance . It won’t work......it sounds good but it’s a False Gospel.An Accursed one...

• Informative
Upvote 0