Did you notice?

AK1982

All things ... through HIM who strengthens!
Sep 26, 2019
Netherlands
✟29,012.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Did you notice if your spiritual when someone think evil of you, demon possess them as punishment?

No, I never noticed demon helping me to settle scores with anyone who thinks evil of me.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I never noticed demon helping me to settle scores with anyone who thinks evil of me.
Yeah ... that is entirely on the wrong side of the battle.

Also, ... it is dangerous to interact with demons ... at any level ... and for any reason.

Let God avenge you ...

Romans 12

18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay,” says the Lord.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you notice if your spiritual when someone think evil of you, demon possess them as punishment?
How did you arrive at that observation and conclusion?

To answer your question, no, I have not noticed that.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah ... that is entirely on the wrong side of the battle.

Also, ... it is dangerous to interact with demons ... at any level ... and for any reason.

Let God avenge you ...

Romans 12

18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay,” says the Lord.
What do you make of this?

Matthew 10:8 NIV
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

Luke 10:17 NIV
The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you make of this?

Matthew 10:8 NIV
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

Luke 10:17 NIV
The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”
I would say that "driving out demons" is different than "interacting with demons".

In the first case, it's clear that you and the demons are on opposite sides of the battle. In the second case, you are kind of fraternizing with the enemy ... like Samson did ...

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Op may be saying they feel God may be allowing the posession...for what it's worth.
God has to be "allowing" the possession, ... just as He "allows" all evil.

But I think that God's allowance of evil, specifically for the purpose of accomplishing "vengeance" ... is quite rare.

I can think of a few possible instances, like with Nebuchadnezzer losing his senses, ... or Saul (first king of Israel) being plagued by an evil spirit. These were both world leaders.

Jesus certainly seemed averse to the possession of humans by demons. Part of His ministry was to cast them out. Also, Jesus gave the maxim that "A house divided against itself shall fall". So it doesn't make sense, in the general, that God would BOTH afflict and RESCUE people from demon possession.

When we consider what God may do or allow ... I think that we have to consider His ultimate goals. His desire is to bring human souls to the point of desiring to abide with Him. Afflicting people with demon possession doesn't seem to advance his ultimate goals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums