North Augusta
✟53,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And lets start off with A question , if MELCHISEDEC did not die , what HAPPENED to Him ??

And Christ is also as MELCHISEDEC , without Father , with Mother , having neither beginning of days , NOR end of life .

And MELCHISEDEC ABIDETH a Priest Continually , WHEN does that happen ??

#1 in Heb 7:3 , the Greek words without father is in the Greek , SINGULAR and not Plural .

#2 Without mother , and without Descent is also in the SINGULAR .

And when Christ appeared on earth is called THEOPHANIES by theologians .

What say you ??

dan p
That is hypothetical (it is appointed to man once to die). The record in Scripture is not about Melchilzedek but about his status as high priest as a type of that which was to come.

The Greek points to genealogy (without mother or father) and appeals to Jewish custom as well as the establishment of the Jewish priesthood.

Pre-Incarnation appearances of Christ is called Christophanies. Theopanies are instances where God (or a god) is manifested to human beings.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is hypothetical (it is appointed to man once to die). The record in Scripture is not about Melchilzedek but about his status as high priest as a type of that which was to come.

The Greek points to genealogy (without mother or father) and appeals to Jewish custom as well as the establishment of the Jewish priesthood.

Pre-Incarnation appearances of Christ is called Christophanies. Theopanies are instances where God (or a god) is manifested to human beings.
I say that anyone reading this OP will have to make up their own mind and I rest my case >

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jo 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Mt 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
Mr 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
Lu 20:38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.
Do you believe that Melchisedic DID NOT DIE or is he still ALIVE , so I know where you stand ?

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Do you believe that Melchisedic DID NOT DIE or is he still ALIVE , so I know where you stand ?

dan p
He may be alive unto God like Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. A priesthood existing apart from the Levitical priesthood.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In Heb 7:2 was the first time that Abraham met Melchisedec .

Hebrews says Levi was yet in the loins of Abraham, when he met Melchizedek
Heb 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
Paul also teaches that Abraham was uncircumcised, so that he be the father of all believers...
Rom 4;10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.
11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised;
#2 Melchisedec , in verse 3 , says , without father , without mother , without descent , having neither , beginning of days , nor end of life , but made like unto the Son of God , abideth a priest continually .

#3 Israel will also be kings and priest in the Kingdom on earth.

Where are you getting Israel as a nation will be a priesthood? Levi, inherited the priesthood, not any other tribe. It was a distinct inheritance to Levi. The new covenant disannuls the carnal commandments concerning priesthood. Else Jesus himself would not be a priest. the fleshly elements of Sinai do not apply .

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He may be alive unto God like Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. A priesthood existing apart from the Levitical priesthood.
Hebrews says Levi was yet in the loins of Abraham, when he met Melchizedek
Heb 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
Paul also teaches that Abraham was uncircumcised, so that he be the father of all believers...
Rom 4;10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.
11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised;

Where are you getting Israel as a nation will be a priesthood? Levi, inherited the priesthood, not any other tribe. It was a distinct inheritance to Levi. The new covenant disannuls the carnal commandments concerning priesthood. Else Jesus himself would not be a priest. the fleshly elements of Sinai do not apply . tribe of Aaaron

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Priests only came from the tribe of Levi and Exodus 19:6 says ye shall be a kingdom of priests , and a holy nation .

Then in Rev 1:6And hath made us Kings and Priest unto God and his Father .

I will be late in answering as I am closing down a business , sorry ,

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Priests only came from the tribe of Levi and Exodus 19:6 says ye shall be a kingdom of priests , and a holy nation .

Then in Rev 1:6And hath made us Kings and Priest unto God and his Father .

I will be late in answering as I am closing down a business , sorry ,

dan p
The kingdom in Christ is a kingdom of priests. The carnal elements of genealogy, nor outward fleshly circumcision. don't apply in the Melchizedek priestly kingdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And what verse gives you hope , that EXISTS apart from the Levitical Priesthood ??

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
And what verse gives you hope , that EXISTS apart from the Levitical Priesthood ??

dan p
Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Melchizedek was not a Christophany. That is because Hebrews 7:15 calls Christ "ANOTHER priest" other than Melchizedek - a "SIMILITUDE of Melchizedek". Melchizedek was "made LIKE unto the Son of God" (Hebrews 7:3). That means Melchizedek could not possibly have been Christ Jesus. And Melchizedek was called a MAN in Hebrews 7:4 - so he was not an angelic being either.

Melchizedek, I believe, was another name given to the godly man Enoch who was translated that he should not see death. Enoch did NOT go to heaven after his translation, because Christ said that no man had ascended to heaven yet (as of John 2:13).

Yet Hebrews 7:8 tells us that Melchizedek was still alive on earth as of the time that verse was being written. If Melchizedek actually was the same individual as the translated Enoch, this would explain why the disciples still had the ancient prophesies of Enoch around, which could be included in their written works (such as Jude 14).

Melchizedek the King of Salem, priest of the Most High God, was the lone, solitary example of a translated human individual - made to be the totally unique foundation of the deathless high priesthood order; the pattern for Christ's unique Great High Priesthood, which was also deathless, like Enoch / Melchizedek. There will be no more translated individuals such as Enoch / Melchizedek - scripture makes no such promise, as all others except that one case of Enoch / Melchizedek are appointed to die the one time (Hebrews 9:27-28), just as Christ died the one time for us.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Melchizedek was not a Christophany. That is because Hebrews 7:15 calls Christ "ANOTHER priest" other than Melchizedek - a "SIMILITUDE of Melchizedek". Melchizedek was "made LIKE unto the Son of God" (Hebrews 7:3). That means Melchizedek could not possibly have been Christ Jesus. And Melchizedek was called a MAN in Hebrews 7:4 - so he was not an angelic being either.

Melchizedek, I believe, was another name given to the godly man Enoch who was translated that he should not see death. Enoch did NOT go to heaven after his translation, because Christ said that no man had ascended to heaven yet (as of John 2:13).

Yet Hebrews 7:8 tells us that Melchizedek was still alive on earth as of the time that verse was being written. If Melchizedek actually was the same individual as the translated Enoch, this would explain why the disciples still had the ancient prophesies of Enoch around, which could be included in their written works (such as Jude 14).

Melchizedek the King of Salem, priest of the Most High God, was the lone, solitary example of a translated human individual - made to be the totally unique foundation of the deathless high priesthood order; the pattern for Christ's unique Great High Priesthood, which was also deathless, like Enoch / Melchizedek. There will be no more translated individuals such as Enoch / Melchizedek - scripture makes no such promise, as all others except that one case of Enoch / Melchizedek are appointed to die the one time (Hebrews 9:27-28), just as Christ died the one time for us.
Melchizedek is said to be a priest, but does that mean high priest? As well as Melchizedekian priesthood is spoken of as an order, as the sons of Aaron are an order. So, not all priests, are sons of Aaron, not all priests are high priests. But I am thinking along the same lines as you ( the fathers of Abraham) which were prophets (which are annointed ones; i.e. christs)
Three annointed ones
kings, highpriests, prophets.
Levitical priests were also the messenger (angel) of the Lord.
Mal 2:4 And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you, that my covenant might be with Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.
5 My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.
6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.
7 For the priest’s lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.

John the baptist, Priest a messenger (angel)

Mal 3:1 ¶ Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap:
3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness
4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.

To much emphasis on the nation of Israel, not enough on the priesthood, and John's ministry...in fulfilling the law IMO

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who said he was?
Who said he was?
And when reading what I wrote , here is what I meant .

Christ appreared as MELCHIZEDEC and MELCHIZEDEC had endless days and Christ will be a HIGH PRIEST in the Millennial Kingdom .

No Human being had endless life .

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
And when reading what I wrote , here is what I meant .

Christ appreared as MELCHIZEDEC and MELCHIZEDEC had endless days and Christ will be a HIGH PRIEST in the Millennial Kingdom .

No Human being had endless life .

dan p
Christ is already high priest. His kingdom is eternal. It never ends.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ is already high priest. His kingdom is eternal. It never ends.
Please give me a verse as I will read it as to when Christ became a high priest and a verse as too when MELCHIZEDEC died as he had ENDLESS LIFE !!

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Please give me a verse as I will read it as to when Christ became a high priest and a verse as too when MELCHIZEDEC died as he had ENDLESS LIFE !!

dan p
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Heb 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people’s: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? {spot: or, fault }
Heb 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ELCHIZEDEC then die Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Heb 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people’s: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? {spot: or, fault }
Heb 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
And when did Melchizedec than die as he had endless life ?

dan p

Upvote 0