Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Heb 7:2 was the first time that Abraham met Melchisedec .

#2 Melchisedec , in verse 3 , says , without father , without mother , without descent , having neither , beginning of days , nor end of life , but made like unto the Son of God , abideth a priest continually .

#3 Israel will also be kings and priest in the Kingdom on earth.

We never see a verse that HE did die , yes he did die ?

So , who was this Priest ?

Yes you know ?

dan p

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

#2 Melchisedec , in verse 3 , says , without father , without mother , without descent , having neither , beginning of days , nor end of life , but made like unto the Son of God , abideth a priest continually .

Yes you know ?

dan p
Most scholars believe it was Jesus.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

#1 We know that he lived forever !

#2 He was not created !

#3 Lived forever as a Priest ?

#4 Christ is a TYPE of Melchisedec and it was He who talked to Abraham .

#5 And did DIE , because Christ is the TYPE of Melchisedec !

#6 And Christ will rule on , in the Millennial Kingdom .

#6 And because Christ the TYPE of Melchisedec did die on A CROSS and saved all who believe in Him Eph 2:8 .

There are hundred of FIGURES OF SPEECH in the bible , called

Metonymy
Ellipsis
Metonymy
Oxymoron

and On and on .

dan p

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Genesis 14:18 he was King of Salem and High Priest of the most high God.
Salem was the land of the Canaanites - the name of the most high God was called El / Elohim.

Names of Jerusalem

Melchizedek | Story, Meaning, Priesthood, & Bible Verse

Jerusalem: From Canaanite City to Israelite Capital

Canaanite Religion - New World Encyclopedia

What Does the Hebrew Term Elohim Mean?

Genesis 14:18-20 he blessed Abraham from the most high God

Hebrews 7:3 he did not have a mother or father a beginning of days or end of days.
That is saying Melchizedek was not born nor did he die and he was of divine nature.

There are some that believe he was Jesus. I will ask if El / El Shadda / El Jareh / El Nissi / El Rapha / Elohim and was later changed to Yahweh when Moses asked who shall I tell them sent me - and Jesus is the God of the Old Testament too _ how can Melchizedek be Jesus?

If El / Elohim is God the Father ( the most high God) then Melchizedek can be Jesus who also is also called King and High Priest.

Canaanite God/gods has been considered a myth but according to scripture they worshiped Yahweh before he was called so and Melchizedek was his High Priest end of divine nature.
Other than that there's nothing else written in Scripture concerning him under that name.

Throughout the centuries people have just associated God with Israel which is a big error - it's hard not to believe that he did not reveal his self to many different cultures but they too were rebellious and he departed from them.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes you know ?

dan p
made like means morphosed to be like the Son of God.
Melche Zedek means king of righteousness, and he was a priest to the most high God.
His geneology is not listed on purpose in the passage, because he is meant to type the Son of God's never dying patriarchal priesthood.
His name is Shem, as the Jewish writings show. He had the blessing of that office from Noah, though he was not Noah's firstborn son.
He gave the blessing to Abraham, in Genesis 14, who gave it to Issac, and then Jacob. Levi, Jacob's son, was elected to be the tribe of priests for the earthly temple, but the office of King came to David, and Jesus the Messiah is now the never dying patriarchal high priest of earth, and soon to be installed high king of earth.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't think they are scholars, cause Jesus did not live on earth in a human body.
As God the Word, second Person of the Triune YHVH, the ONE LIVING SPIRIT, He, with the Father and Holy Spirit, made Adam in His one image " which was to come", as Romans 5:14 states.
Adam was made in the exact image/likeness, of the One True God, and the Son of Man did not put on that prepared in the womb of a virgin, garment of 2nd Man flesh until 9 months before His birth.

• Agree
Reactions: John Caldwell
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes you know ?

dan p
He is a Christophany, Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessings

Many call them THEOPHANIES and in Gen 17:1 Christ , APPREARED / RA A' is in the STEM , NIPHAL and means to make known and is in the IMPEFECT TENSE and means that Christ appeared and than STOPPED and is in the SINGULAR .

dan p

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
At the time of Abraham when God choose family and gave the rest of the nations over was when Melchezedek was first introduced. That seems to indicate that there was another of the nations not from the Babylonian empire that was for the one against the 10.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't think they are scholars, cause Jesus did not live on earth in a human body.
As God the Word, second Person of the Triune YHVH, the ONE LIVING SPIRIT, He, with the Father and Holy Spirit, made Adam in His one image " which was to come", as Romans 5:14 states.
Adam was made in the exact image/likeness, of the One True God, and the Son of Man did not put on that prepared in the womb of a virgin, garment of 2nd Man flesh until 9 months before His birth.
I have not idea where those ideas came from but I can be certain that They were not from scholars.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessings
It was angels who appeared to men on specific mssions for YHVH.
Jacob wrestled with "YHVH", but Penuel whose name means face of God was that angel, and YHVH told Israel to obey the angel He sent, cause "My name is in Him", and He was the cloud by day and fire by night for 40 years, who was with Israel.
Jacob named the place "Penuel", cause he "saw God and did not die."
Genesis 32, Hosea 12.
No man has seen God at any time, but Jesus/Yeshua/God come in flesh, said when you see Him, you see the Father, revealed.
Isaiah saw YHVH on the throne (John said Isaiah saw Jesus), but Isaiah saw Him in the future, enthroned.
Every time in the OT that men see God, they are seeing a powerful angel who is acting on mission from YHVH, like Penuel, who was with Israel 40 years in the wilderness.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was angels who appeared to men on specific mssions for YHVH.
Jacob wrestled with "YHVH", but Penuel whose name means face of God was that angel, and YHVH told Israel to obey the angel He sent, cause "My name is in Him", and He was the cloud by day and fire by night for 40 years, who was with Israel.
Jacob named the place "Penuel", cause he "saw God and did not die."
Genesis 32, Hosea 12.
No man has seen God at any time, but Jesus/Yeshua/God come in flesh, said when you see Him, you see the Father, revealed.
Isaiah saw YHVH on the throne (John said Isaiah saw Jesus), but Isaiah saw Him in the future, enthroned.
Every time in the OT that men see God, they are seeing a powerful angel who is acting on mission from YHVH, like Penuel, who was with Israel 40 years in the wilderness.
Thanks for sharing but I do not take this view. Jacob had a face to face encounter with God. On a side note, JW's belive that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the angel Michael so it's not a new claim. As far as Melchilzedek, he has been labled as. " like the Son of God".
Blessings.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing but I do not take this view. Jacob had a face to face encounter with God. On a side note, JW's belive that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the angel Michael so it's not a new claim. As far as Melchilzedek, he has been labled as. " like the Son of God".
Blessings.
#1 please do NOT imply or attribute JW cult to me… I am NOT saying anything BUT WHAT THE WORD SAYS, AND YOU MAY BE SURPRISED TO CHECK OUT THE WORD ON HOW YHVH USES HIS MESSENGERS TO DO HIS WILL, and He gets all the credit and glory for it.
Genesis 23:20-23
Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.
For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.

That angel has his own name, which means mouth/presence/ face of God.
In Genesis 32, He wrestled with Jacob, and gave Jacob the New Man Name, “Israel”, as an oracle of the adoption to come.
In Hosea 12, Jacob wrestled with YHVH, that day, Penuel is not YHVH, but stands ministering before YHVH, and what he does is attributed to YHVH.

Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us;
Even the LORD [YHVH] God [Elohim] of hosts; the LORD [YHVH] is his memorial.
Penuel is one of the 7 mighty angels who stand before YHVH in the temple in heaven.
Penuel went with Israel as a cloud by day and a fire by night, for 40 years.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
#1 please do NOT imply or attribute JW cult to me… I am NOT saying anything BUT WHAT THE WORD SAYS, AND YOU MAY BE SURPRISED TO CHECK OUT THE WORD ON HOW YHVH USES HIS MESSENGERS TO DO HIS WILL, and He gets all the credit and glory for it.
Genesis 23:20-23
Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.
For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.

That angel has his own name, which means mouth/presence/ face of God.
In Genesis 32, He wrestled with Jacob, and gave Jacob the New Man Name, “Israel”, as an oracle of the adoption to come.
In Hosea 12, Jacob wrestled with YHVH, that day, Penuel is not YHVH, but stands ministering before YHVH, and what he does is attributed to YHVH.

Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us;
Even the LORD [YHVH] God [Elohim] of hosts; the LORD [YHVH] is his memorial.
Penuel is one of the 7 mighty angels who stand before YHVH in the temple in heaven.
Penuel went with Israel as a cloud by day and a fire by night, for 40 years.
Fair enough! My last thoughts.....The Melchizedek priesthood is an office that applies only to Christ so an angel can not hold that office.
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fair enough! My last thoughts.....The Melchizedek priesthood is an office that applies only to Christ so an angel can not hold that office.
Blessings
Not according to the Bible.
The Hebrew means king of righteousness, and we know he was high priest, or priest of the Most High God. History absolutely leaves no doubt about who this priest dwelling in Mount Moriah [later called Salem] was. He was Shem, who was well known to Abraham, and who outlived Abraham.
Also, the priesthood of Jesus Christ is that which Adam had, and lost by dying, as all his sons did. the priesthood of earth could not continue because of death. Shem gave that blessing to Abraham that day, and through Abraham the Messiah would come.
Shem received the office from Noah, Shem gave it to Abraham, Abraham to Isaac, Isaac to Jacob, which Jacob gave to Levi, and Moses, son of Levi served as priest and king, and gave the office of priesthood to Aaron, and Aaron to his firstborn. But Moses did not give the office of king to anyone….
God gave it to David, of the tribe of Judah.
A STUDY CAN BE DONE BY ANYONE ON THIS.

Next, the Holy Spirit did not name Shem in that passage because He made him “like” the son of God, not the Son of God.

the Greek means:
to cause a model to pass off into an image or shape like it
to express itself in it, to copy
to produce a facsimile
to be made like, render similar

G871 - aphomoioō - Strong's Greek Lexicon (nkjv)

Jesus/Messiah is now High Priest of earth and is in heaven, and continues forever in the never dying body of earth’s High Priest, which the living oracles typed in the priesthood of Aaron.
Shem and Abraham were contemporaries.
Shem outlived Abraham.
Abraham lived with Noah and Shem in Mount Moriah for several decades, when hiding out from Nimrod. He left living with them when God destroyed the Tower of Babel and returned to his father’s house.
The history book called the Book of the Upright/ the Real Book of Jasher has all this history. Abraham was 58 years old when Noah died.
The Real Book of Jasher?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not according to the Bible.
The Hebrew means king of righteousness, and we know he was high priest, or priest of the Most High God. History absolutely leaves no doubt about who this priest dwelling in Mount Moriah [later called Salem] was. He was Shem, who was well known to Abraham, and who outlived Abraham.
Also, the priesthood of Jesus Christ is that which Adam had, and lost by dying, as all his sons did. the priesthood of earth could not continue because of death. Shem gave that blessing to Abraham that day, and through Abraham the Messiah would come.
Shem received the office from Noah, Shem gave it to Abraham, Abraham to Isaac, Isaac to Jacob, which Jacob gave to Levi, and Moses, son of Levi served as priest and king, and gave the office of priesthood to Aaron, and Aaron to his firstborn. But Moses did not give the office of king to anyone….
God gave it to David, of the tribe of Judah.
A STUDY CAN BE DONE BY ANYONE ON THIS.

Next, the Holy Spirit did not name Shem in that passage because He made him “like” the son of God, not the Son of God.

the Greek means:
to cause a model to pass off into an image or shape like it
to express itself in it, to copy
to produce a facsimile
to be made like, render similar

G871 - aphomoioō - Strong's Greek Lexicon (nkjv)

Jesus/Messiah is now High Priest of earth and is in heaven, and continues forever in the never dying body of earth’s High Priest, which the living oracles typed in the priesthood of Aaron.
Shem and Abraham were contemporaries.
Shem outlived Abraham.
Abraham lived with Noah and Shem in Mount Moriah for several decades, when hiding out from Nimrod. He left living with them when God destroyed the Tower of Babel and returned to his father’s house.
The history book called the Book of the Upright/ the Real Book of Jasher has all this history. Abraham was 58 years old when Noah died.
The Real Book of Jasher?

And Melchisedec , in Heb 7:3 is without father , without mother , without decent , having NEITHER beginning of days , nor end of life , but made like unto the Son of God , so how can that be SHEM ?
My conclusion it is that Melchizedek is a manifestation of

preincarnate Christ , describes perfectly the SECOND PERSON OF THE GODHEAD .

And MELCHISEDEC did DIE on a CROSS .

dan p

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2019
North Augusta
✟53,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I believe Melchilzedek lived and died. I see no reason to conclude he had no beginning or end (the passage seems to be dealing with a high priest without a recorded genealogy and a priesthood separate from the Levitical priesthood.

I do not believe this is a Christophany because the indication seems to describe the type priesthood.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe Melchilzedek lived and died. I see no reason to conclude he had no beginning or end (the passage seems to be dealing with a high priest without a recorded genealogy and a priesthood separate from the Levitical priesthood.

I do not believe this is a Christophany because the indication seems to describe the type priesthood.

And lets start off with A question , if MELCHISEDEC did not die , what HAPPENED to Him ??

And Christ is also as MELCHISEDEC , without Father , with Mother , having neither beginning of days , NOR end of life .

And MELCHISEDEC ABIDETH a Priest Continually , WHEN does that happen ??

#1 in Heb 7:3 , the Greek words without father is in the Greek , SINGULAR and not Plural .

#2 Without mother , and without Descent is also in the SINGULAR .

And when Christ appeared on earth is called THEOPHANIES by theologians .

What say you ??

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
And lets start off with A question , if MELCHISEDEC did not die , what HAPPENED to Him ??

And Christ is also as MELCHISEDEC , without Father , with Mother , having neither beginning of days , NOR end of life .

And MELCHISEDEC ABIDETH a Priest Continually , WHEN does that happen ??

#1 in Heb 7:3 , the Greek words without father is in the Greek , SINGULAR and not Plural .

#2 Without mother , and without Descent is also in the SINGULAR .

And when Christ appeared on earth is called THEOPHANIES by theologians .

What say you ??

dan p

Jo 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Mt 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
Mr 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
Lu 20:38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

Upvote 0