Did Joe Biden go too far

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps you missed the question in the post that asked if what was in that picture looked like racial discrimination. Mostly white people in that line.

What are they waiting in line for?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn't mention it. My point was that queing for hours to vote in a modern society is seriously wrong. Monstrously wrong. How that affects different people is another problem. Solve the first and the second doesn't exist.
So we forget the major argument of the Dems that people having to stand in line is an effort on the part of the Reps to curtail the minority vote?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is this a picture of? When and where was it taken? What do you think a single picture of 20 or so people is supposed to prove about, well, anything in a nation of 300+ million people (assuming this is even from America).
It is supposed to be evidence that voting laws discriminate against minorities, there seem to be a few minorities mixed in with the people in line but it is hardly convincing.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,612.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So we forget the major argument of the Dems that people having to stand in line is an effort on the part of the Reps to curtail the minority vote?

Whether it does or not is not the point I have made or am making. I am saying that queue lengths as being discussed are disgraceful in themselves. If problems that result from that are shown to be invalid then that doesn't change the fact that you need to reduce queing times. If they are valid then that simply adds a reason to reduce them. But they need to be reduced anyway.

All I am seeing is 'oh yes they are' versus 'oh no they're not'. Quite frankly, I don't care. There hasn't been a single post from your side of the argument even coming close to admitting that some voting lines are ridiculously long and zero suggestions for fixing that.

Why not? The problem is there for all to see. The solutions appear to be simple. Why is it being ignored?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whether it does or not is not the point I have made or am making. I am saying that queue lengths as being discussed are disgraceful in themselves. If problems that result from that are shown to be invalid then that doesn't change the fact that you need to reduce queing times. If they are valid then that simply adds a reason to reduce them. But they need to be reduced anyway.

All I am seeing is 'oh yes they are' versus 'oh no they're not'. Quite frankly, I don't care. There hasn't been a single post from your side of the argument even coming close to admitting that some voting lines are ridiculously long and zero suggestions for fixing that.

Why not? The problem is there for all to see. The solutions appear to be simple. Why is it being ignored?
I have not seen any evidence that anyone is being denied the opportunity to vote, regarding to line length, that would depend on what time you are talking about, if it is the last day to vote, and as we know some people wait for the last day for reasons of their own, it would not mean much. Looking at a picture of one moment in time does not provide evidence that what you see is typical or normal, now does it?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,612.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have not seen any evidence that anyone is being denied the opportunity to vote, regarding to line length, that would depend on what time you are talking about, if it is the last day to vote, and as we know some people wait for the last day for reasons of their own, it would not mean much. Looking at a picture of one moment in time does not provide evidence that what you see is typical or normal, now does it?

Was I working on the evidence of one picture? No I was not. Are we both aware of voting queues that are hours long? Yes we are.

Please don't waste my time.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
the last day to vote is what we commonly refer to election day, when most people vote. Long lines are unacceptable then.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Was I working on the evidence of one picture? No I was not. Are we both aware of voting queues that are hours long? Yes we are.

Please don't waste my time.
Tell me what you know about voting queues, give me the when where and who since you seem to know or claim to be aware provide the facts if you can.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,612.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Tell me what you know about voting queues, give me the when where and who since you seem to know or claim to be aware provide the facts if you can.

Your argument has been that long queues are not a problem and now you want me to present you with evidence that the long queues exist. What?

Good grief, just read the article that was linked to a few posts back. That was the reason for it being posted. To give an example of it. Are you not reading the thread? For heaven's sake, how frustrating is this...

Edit. Unbelievably, the link was actually given to you when you asked for it in post 470. I mean that was a dozen posts or so ago and you have forgotten about it already?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your argument has been that long queues are not a problem and now you want me to present you with evidence that the long queues exist. What?

Good grief, just read the article that was linked to a few posts back. That was the reason for it being posted. To give an example of it. Are you not reading the thread? For heaven's sake, how frustrating is this...
Read my post, that article proves that at some time there are long queues, you are trying to make the point that this is typical and should be eliminated so show the evidence you have that it is typical. I think you are buying into a narrative that is not based on all the facts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,612.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Read my post, that article proves that at some time there are long queues, you are trying to make the point that this is typical and should be eliminated so show the evidence you have that it is typical. I think you are buying into a narrative that is not based on all the facts.

Never have I said, suggested or intimated that queues of that length are typical. So that is a point I am not trying to make. That's cleared that up.

The point I have made, am making and will continue to have to make (it seems) is that monstrously long queues are common enough to cause a great deal of people a great deal of problems. Why else would Republicans demand that food and drink not be supplied? Not supplied to people in non existing queues? Not supplied to people who are waiting for a few minutes? Do me a favour...

You asked for facts. Twice. You've been given facts. Twice. You have been told about the problem. You have been given evidence about the problem. You have quotes from people experiencing the problem. And now you say you won't accept any of that because it's not what you deem 'typical' enough.

I'm trying to work out why I'm wasting so much time on this.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Never have I said, suggested or intimated that queues of that length are typical. So that is a point I am not trying to make. That's cleared that up.

The point I have made, am making and will continue to have to make (it seems) is that monstrously long queues are common enough to cause a great deal of people a great deal of problems. Why else would Republicans demand that food and drink not be supplied? Not supplied to people in non existing queues? Not supplied to people who are waiting for a few minutes? Do me a favour...

You asked for facts. Twice. You've been given facts. Twice. You have been told about the problem. You have been given evidence about the problem. You have quotes from people experiencing the problem. And now you say you won't accept any of that because it's not what you deem 'typical' enough.

I'm trying to work out why I'm wasting so much time on this.
You are making an assumption without evidence that "monstrously long queues are common enough to cause a great deal of people a great deal of problems" Where is you evidence that what you claim is a fact? Also I provided numerous posts to you on another thread showing that the voting laws do not preclude people from getting food or water, and yet here again you are repeating a falsehood. Once again people are precluded from giving away for no compensation food or drink to people waiting to vote. There a perfectly logical reasons for this law as I explained over and over again. Are you only seeing what you want to see?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,612.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You are making an assumption without evidence that "monstrously long queues are common enough to cause a great deal of people a great deal of problems" Where is you evidence that what you claim is a fact? Also I provided numerous posts to you on another thread showing that the voting laws do not preclude people from getting food or water, and yet here again you are repeating a falsehood. Once again people are precluded from giving away for no compensation food or drink to people waiting to vote. There a perfectly logical reasons for this law as I explained over and over again. Are you only seeing what you want to see?

Holy Toledo...just type 'long queues voting usa' into Google. There are simply too many hits to justify linking even a few. They are legion. To deny it is absurd.

And yet again, I am not arguing about the pros and conns of supplying food and drink to people in those lines. That's a secondary concern. Please do NOT deflect to that. But it's a concern that Republicans want to address because obviously the long lines exist which prompt a duscussion about needing to supply food and drink. That is the reason it was mentioned - to show that long queues are an acceoted fact of voting in tbe US.

By everyone except you it seems.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Holy Toledo...just type 'long queues voting usa' into Google. There are simply too many hits to justify linking even a few. They are legion. To deny it is absurd.

And yet again, I am not arguing about the pros and conns of supplying food and drink to people in those lines. That's a secondary concern. Please do NOT deflect to that. But it's a concern that Republicans want to address because obviously the long lines exist which prompt a duscussion about needing to supply food and drink. That is the reason it was mentioned - to show that long queues are an acceoted fact of voting in tbe US.

By everyone except you it seems.
OK no evidence from you once again, game over.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You just lost what was left of any credibility your argument had.
OK no problem your inability to provide evidence to support your position is obviously my fault, Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,612.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
OK no problem your inability to provide evidence to support your position is obviously my fault, Have a nice day.

'Long queues voting usa'. Go for your life...

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,278.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps you missed the question in the post that asked if what was in that picture looked like racial discrimination. Mostly white people in that line.
Are posts actually trying to use a single image to disprove the idea that GOP voter suppression targets minorities?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It is supposed to be evidence that voting laws discriminate against minorities, there seem to be a few minorities mixed in with the people in line but it is hardly convincing.

What are they in line for in that picture?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are posts actually trying to use a single image to disprove the idea that GOP voter suppression targets minorities?

TBH, it's getting difficult to figure out what you guys are trying to prove. First, the idea was that minorities are having their vote suppressed because a law somewhere says they should bring a bottle of water with them, and then it was supposedly about long lines (which an example shows whites as the majority in the line), and biden seems to believe that unless a new voting rights law isn't passed, the next election won't be fair (even though he's in office under the current voting laws).
Perhaps you guys should be more clear in what your argument is by not moving the goalposts so often.

Upvote 0