✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
'Their leader'? Good grief...

And that last link shows they are talking about the south side of Chicago. If you weren't aware, there are reports from all over the world that the rates of vaccination in poorer areas lags significantly behind any national average.

I know where it was talking about. That's why I prefaced it with "it's not just New York City". You didn't seem to like that I was showing you what blacks in NYC were doing, so I showed you another area.

A common reason is given as 'health illiteracy'. I'm not sure how that pans out. I'm not sure why those in lower socioeconomic groups would be less health literate. Maybe they have greater concerns?

Riiiiiiiight! "Health literacy"!
Those who don't subscribe to a leftist narrative concerning a health issue is lacking in "Health literacy". No different than how concerned mothers who attend school board meetings are "domestic terrorists", and Trump supporters are labeled "white supremacists".
The Leftists always have a label for anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I know where it was talking about. That's why I prefaced it with "it's not just New York City". You didn't seem to like that I was showing you what blacks in NYC were doing, so I showed you another area.

Riiiiiiiight! "Health literacy"!
Those who don't subscribe to a leftist narrative concerning a health issue is lacking in "Health literacy". No different than how concerned mothers who attend school board meetings are "domestic terrorists", and Trump supporters are labeled "white supremacists".
The Leftists always have a label for anyone who doesn't agree with them.

You can show as many areas as you like. Individual areas aren't representative of the whole. You been shown what the figures are for that.

And I have no idea what that mixed salad about leftist naratives, domestic terrorists and supremacists is about. Health literacy is mentioned in a few of the articles that describe low vaccination uptake in poorer areas (and whole countries). It obviously means what it says and it's a common enough term. One definition: 'Health literacy is the knowledge and skills needed to find, understand and use information and services to make decisions about health and healthcare. This includes all areas of health and wellbeing.'

Why poverty impacts on that so significantly wasn't explained in any of the linked articles. I might need to read up on the matter.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You can show as many areas as you like. Individual areas aren't representative of the whole. You been shown what the figures are for that.

Individual areas are what "the whole" consists of. Just as "the public" consists of every individual in the community.

It obviously means what it says and it's a common enough term. One definition: 'Health literacy is the knowledge and skills needed to find, understand and use information and services to make decisions about health and healthcare. This includes all areas of health and wellbeing.'

Does having that particular literacy also include using information and services that aren't being pushed by politicians and bureaucrats to make those decisions?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Individual areas are what "the whole" consists of. Just as "the public" consists of every individual in the community.

Does having that particular literacy also include using information and services that aren't being pushed by politicians and bureaucrats to make those decisions?

If you have an average figure for anything (vaccination uptake in this case) then some areas will be above the average and some a lot lower. That's why it's called 'an average'. It stops people (well, most people) from extrapolating small samples to represent the whole.

And I'm sorry. I didn't know you just wanted to argue about health literacy. I'm sure someone will be along shortly that might listen to any political diatribe you might want to extemporise on.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you have an average figure for anything (vaccination uptake in this case) then some areas will be above the average and some a lot lower. That's why it's called 'an average'. It stops people (well, most people) from extrapolating small samples to represent the whole.

And I'm sorry. I didn't know you just wanted to argue about health literacy. I'm sure someone will be along shortly that might listen to any political diatribe you might want to extemporise on.

You're the one who mentioned it in post#461 and #463, and yet you don't like that I've responded to your mention of it in post #464? Well, excuse me! :rolleyes:
Next time you post, be sure to clearly lay out what I'm allowed to say in response so I don't frustrate you.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You're the one who mentioned it in post#461 and #463, and yet you don't like that I've responded to your mention of it in post #464? Well, excuse me! :rolleyes:
Next time you post, be sure to clearly lay out what I'm allowed to say in response so I don't frustrate you.

I mentioned it because it was prominent in the reasons that a number of reports (3 linked) as to why those in lower socioeconomic areas were slower on the uptake of vaccines. There is nothing inherently political about that whatsoever. But you immediately went into right-wing mode, ignored any possibility of discussing the reasons for it (I've spent the last 45 minutes investigating them and they are numerous and varied) and tried to score a couple of cheap political points.

Stick around for a while and you might find somebody who wants to play your version of political wack-a-mole. I ain't interested.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I mentioned it because it was prominent in the reasons that a number of reports (3 linked) as to why those in lower socioeconomic areas were slower on the uptake of vaccines. There is nothing inherently political about that whatsoever. But you immediately went into right-wing mode, ignored any possibility of discussing the reasons for it (I've spent the last 45 minutes investigating them and they are numerous and varied) and tried to score a couple of cheap political points.

Stick around for a while and you might find somebody who wants to play your version of political wack-a-mole. I ain't interested.

:wave:
See ya again same time tomorrow night?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not making a strawman, you seem to be fine with people having to wait in line for 7 hours.

Now let the rural folks do it.
Have you had to wait in line 7 hours? Provide the first hand experience you have with waiting in line to vote.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Have you had to wait in line 7 hours? Provide the first hand experience you have with waiting in line to vote.

'You may think waiting 11 hours to vote would be the height of frustration, but not for one family in Georgia. "We made it, y'all," says Johnta Austin in one viral video filmed as they reach the front of the queue, describing the lengthy process as an "honour". ' US election 2020: World reaction to long queues of voters in US

An honour? Read the article. Most of the rest of the world considers it a disgrace.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I live in a suburban area, so no I haven't. That has nothing to do with our conversation though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
(Moves goalposts back to original position)
There! Now that the goalposts are back to where they should be, I'll ask you this: Do you believe blacks are less vaccinated or not??
The post I responded to claimed "most blacks don't want the vaccine". Now that I've posted data showing more than 50% of African Americans are vaccinated, these posts seem to want to discuss anything but that original false claim.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
'You may think waiting 11 hours to vote would be the height of frustration, but not for one family in Georgia. "We made it, y'all," says Johnta Austin in one viral video filmed as they reach the front of the queue, describing the lengthy process as an "honour". ' US election 2020: World reaction to long queues of voters in US

An honour? Read the article. Most of the rest of the world considers it a disgrace.

A couple things from the article:

"A long journey but wouldn't be anywhere else" sounds like they felt it was an honor. Do you doubt them?

"In a video that shows a Black Lives Matter sign on the building, Martin says he cried after finding a "massive line after the polls had been open 27 minutes", and that he prepared to vote by listening to protest songs from this summer."
This says something about where this person gets his information from.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The post I responded to claimed "most blacks don't want the vaccine". Now that I've posted data showing more than 50% of African Americans are vaccinated, these posts seem to want to discuss anything but that original false claim.

Oh, you mean after the mandates were put in place that kept those black people from participating in everyday life until they complied with the mandate. Well, no wonder more of them are vaccinated now.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

does this look like racial discrimination?
_114896480_gettyimages-1227127002.jpg

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I didn't mention it. My point was that queing for hours to vote in a modern society is seriously wrong. Monstrously wrong. How that affects different people is another problem. Solve the first and the second doesn't exist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh, you mean after the mandates were put in place that kept those black people from participating in everyday life until they complied with the mandate. Well, no wonder more of them are vaccinated now.
That's a long-winded way of agreeing that the post of yours in question was factually incorrect, unless the implication is that somehow there's been a massive increase in the number of African Americans vaccinated since that post was written a few days ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
_114896480_gettyimages-1227127002.jpg
What is this a picture of? When and where was it taken? What do you think a single picture of 20 or so people is supposed to prove about, well, anything in a nation of 300+ million people (assuming this is even from America).

Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
  • Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"Did Joe Biden go too far?" That's a matter of opinion.

And the people who are claiming he did have not demonstrated a consistent opinion regarding what, exactly, is "too far."

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is this a picture of? When and where was it taken? What do you think a single picture of 20 or so people is supposed to prove about, well, anything in a nation of 300+ million people (assuming this is even from America).

Perhaps you missed the question in the post that asked if what was in that picture looked like racial discrimination. Mostly white people in that line.

Upvote 0