Christi

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟4,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He had to laugh....I mean look at the disciples, they were hilarious! Look at when he raised Lazarus....Martha was completely believing he could bring him back to life, but was worried about the smell! I mean, he'd have to have been made of concrete not to laugh at some of the situations He was confronted with. PLUS the fact that people were drawn to him like flies, he had to be a pleasant person. No one wants to be around someone who is a sourpuss. Plus, I'd like to think He laughs at me, rather than what I suspect....rolling His eyes and wondering "What was I thinking?"
Anyway, I have absolutely no Biblical references for that, it's only my opinion, other than the times the disciples were hilarious, and the time He raised Lazarus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arkanin

Human
Oct 13, 2003
Texas
✟7,151.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Libertarian
For those who say he laughed, there are other "human" things Jesus did not do that were perfectly healthy.

For example, Jesus was also celibate, in theory, but there is nothing wrong with marriage and reproduction. This would be because he is believed to be the son of god. I guess what I am getting to is there is no reason he wouldn't have laughed, but also no reason we know he laughed. Beats me. :)

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I do believe Jesus laughed for many of the reasons above and because He used humor in His preaching and when confronting the Pharisees so we know that He had a sense of humor.

Jesus was both peaceful and joyful and laughter is something that comes easy to those who are joyful and peaceful. They're the only ones who really have a reason to laugh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
When trying to find out what type of man that Jesus was from the scripture, it becomes apparent that he was a very sociable type of guy. The Pharisees were always complaining about his lifestyle and his socializing with reprobates. As his first miracle turning water into wine would indicate, He appears to be very much a party goer and very much the opposite of what we often expect a righteous man to be like.
In my mind, it would be very suprising if the Jesus described in the stories of the Gospels did not laugh a lot. Most people I know that enjoy socializing and the company of people, as Jesus certainly did, do laugh a lot. Perhaps the most important clue showing that Jesus did in fact have a sense of humor is revealed in the story where all the little children were gathering around Him, and he reprimanded the adults for trying to shoo them away. Think about it. All the children I have met are intuitively attracted to those adults that have a playful warm personality, and avoid stern and serious adults like the plague. Jesus must have laughed.

A book I am currently reading " A Portrait of Jesus" by Joseph F. Girzone tries to discover the personality of Jesus, the man. The portrait of Jesus he reveals may be surprising to many.

Upvote 0