GreenEyedLady

My little Dinky Doo
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
I have done alot of studying on tha pagan things that we(christians) have adopted. Although they are dirived from the pagans, I am still unsure if I agree or disagree with it. This is why i said "im not sure if I agree with the whole halo thing"
I am not saying i agree or disagree..Just saying I am unsure on how God wants me to accept it.
GEL

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How is picturing God's Grace as a circle of light diluting the message? How is portraying an attitude of holiness disagreeable? We're talking about the artistic representation of what we are all striving to be. Holy! Again, what is not to accept?

Upvote 0

GreenEyedLady

My little Dinky Doo
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
I don't know what to tell you.
I am unsure about my feelings about haloes...its between God and I ...this is why I am unsure about it.]
I don't know what else to say to make you understand.
GEL
PS...Do you own study on pagan symbols...study it for a week then tell me what you think.

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't need to study pagan symbols. I don't care about pagan symbols. My faith has nothing to do with pagan symbols. My faith contains Christian symbols. If pagans used similar symbols, so what? Christian symbols do not represent pagan belief. They represent Christian belief. And if some were developed or 'borrowed' from other beliefs, it doesn't matter now, because they have been made new in Christ. Our faith has conquered them and made them to glorify the One True God. Just as we have been baptized and remade to glorify God.

I'm sorry I don't understand your reservations. Just chalk it up to my 'ignorance'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I think we really need to be careful of what we're calling pagan and what we're not.

A few hundred years ago (or so) in Europe people went crazy about all sorts of pictures and stained glass windows depicting Jesus, his disciples, various Bible stories, etc. Why? They felt those things were graven images and should not be allowed. So...they destroyed them. My Chaucer professor last semester showed us some pictures from one of the shrines that pilgrims went to...similar to Chaucer's pilgrims in the Canterbury Tales...and there were these wood walls that had Jesus and his disciples on them. The paint was faded...but it was very obvious that the faces on them were scratched off. It just saddens me to think that some beautiful things were destroyed because people were overzealous.

Just wanted to share...

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by LouisBooth
"I'm not following you."

WEll some people are not comfortable with things being in the world first then using them in the church. :)
You mean like the Cross, or baptism? Neither of those have a Christian origin. Is it that Christ can make some things ok and not others?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Originally posted by ZooMom
You mean like the Cross, or baptism? Neither of those have a Christian origin. Is it that Christ can make some things ok and not others?

Really ? but the bible say Jesus was baptisied and that he died on the cross..I thought that made them Christian.. :scratch:

Zoomom, care you elaborate ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.