Did I do the right thing by cutting off contact with this online guy?

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did Jesus sin? Is God's wrath a sin?

"The LORD tests the righteous and the wicked, And the one who loves violence His soul hates." ~Psalm 11:5

I'm asking how you would have responded to him. Or what assumptions you would have made about him. I'm simply saying don't be so quick to condemned someone as evil just because they express anger over a harsh experience.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm asking how you would have responded to him. Or what assumptions you would have made about him. I'm simply saying don't be so quick to condemned someone as evil just because they express anger over a harsh experience.

He spoke for himself.

He simmers and stews willingly in hate and vitriol.

"“When someone shows you who they are, believe them " ~Maya Angelou

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,054.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
He lives in a different state so we couldn't meet each other like people do on dating sites or whatever (I met him on Reddit).

I hope this fact is not a factor in your cutting off contact with this guy.

It's not uncommon these days to have a relationship and eventually marry someone from another state or even from another country.

Thank God for the internet, made it a lot easier to find someone, not just those nearby but also far away. Else, we'll be limited to just our town or city and who knows, the best partner for us lives somewhere else...

A few of my relatives met their spouses through the internet and they were far away. Some in another state, some from outside the country. All of them were successful and happy marriage. I personally knew a few more married couples where one spouse is from another country. All were good marriages. A couple of years ago, I also met someone from another country through relatives, we even had a date in my country, although that relationship ended the same year. Otherwise, it would have been great.

You never know what's out there waiting for us. Don't limit your options on geography :) The internet is a blessing in such regard.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right. Most guys would just go hit the bar til they were numb and start sleeping around to feel better about themselves. This guy decided to express the depths of his pain with words and then move on. What's wrong with him?
Im not sure if youre being sarcastic or not. Did you read the profile page? Anyone who says these things is in my opinion in need of help and not ready to be in a relationship.

Upvote 0

quintessentialramble

Mar 7, 2018
New York
✟73,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
hmmm I had a similar situation, a girl cut me out of her life, we talked online, but we knew each other in person.....so I really don't know. Perhaps I got too attached, but I certainly didn't intend to make her feel uncomfortable. There wasn't really much of a discussion about it...so I didn't feel like it was very Christlike of them, but I'm also trying to respect her wishes as well.

Reactions: pinkjess
Upvote 0

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im not sure if youre being sarcastic or not. Did you read the profile page? Anyone who says these things is in my opinion in need of help and not ready to be in a relationship.

Yes, I was being sarcastic. How is his writing any more disturbing than cliche goth ramblings? They are actually talking about poetry in the comments section and he has a pretty descent following. It's all drama. Again, not the guy for everyone, but doesn't sound like the next Ted Bundy to me either.

Just curious though, have any of you ever had your heart truly broken? Or had a death that gave you uncontrollable sorrow? You are right. He probably shouldn't be in a relationship atm because he just got out of one that jammed him up.

Upvote 0

pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, I was being sarcastic. How is his writing any more disturbing than cliche goth ramblings? They are actually talking about poetry in the comments section and he has a pretty descent following. It's all drama. Again, not the guy for everyone, but doesn't sound like the next Ted Bundy to me either.

Just curious though, have any of you ever had your heart truly broken? Or had a death that gave you uncontrollable sorrow? You are right. He probably shouldn't be in a relationship atm because he just got out of one that jammed him up.
This isn't helping me. I want to know him, a lot. We had so much in common and he is a sensitive soul like me. But i worry for his mental state and didn't want to be caught in his baggage. believe me, if I didnt have conviction we'd still be talking right now. I just did what I knew was best for both of us. I'm not the bad guy here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This isn't helping me. I want to know him, a lot. We had so much in common and he is a sensitive soul like me. But i worry for his mental state and didn't want to be caught in his baggage. believe me, if I didnt have conviction we'd still be talking right now. I just did what I knew was best for both of us.

Jess, i'm not saying these things to you. I'm just defending the poor guy. He may not have been best for you, but I just feel like they are picking on him and making him out to be a monster. It's a weakness of mine. I am often compelled to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I'm sorry though. I'm not trying to make the decision you made harder for you. I think you understand what I'm saying more than some others posting here may. You saw the good in him and so do I. But I'm going to let this go because I'm not trying to hurt or confuse you either. I know you have a big heart. You did what you had to do and sometimes it doesn't feel so good, but it has to be done. It doesn't make you a bad person.

You're going to be fine Jess.;)

• Friendly
Reactions: pinkjess
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This isn't helping me. I want to know him, a lot. We had so much in common and he is a sensitive soul like me. But i worry for his mental state and didn't want to be caught in his baggage. believe me, if I didnt have conviction we'd still be talking right now. I just did what I knew was best for both of us. I'm not the bad guy here.
Anyone who writes stuff like that is best steered clear from. I could never write anything like that except as fiction. Putting it on a profile post, whether meant as true, false, venting anger, or any other reason shows a disturbing side of his character. These words came from somewhere inside him, they show something of his character. I understand the need to vent anger sometimes but to claim vengeance is pure and unforgiveness justified shows he has issues he needs to work through. I pray that he finds healing and peace, but at this point in time I would steer clear if I were you.

Upvote 0

pinkjess

Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Anyone who writes stuff like that is best steered clear from. I could never write anything like that except as fiction. Putting it on a profile post, whether meant as true, false, venting anger, or any other reason shows a disturbing side of his character. These words came from somewhere inside him, they show something of his character. I understand the need to vent anger sometimes but to claim vengeance is pure and unforgiveness justified shows he has issues he needs to work through. I pray that he finds healing and peace, but at this point in time I would steer clear if I were you.
Thank you

Upvote 0

pinkjess

Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jess, i'm not saying these things to you. I'm just defending the poor guy. He may not have been best for you, but I just feel like they are picking on him and making him out to be a monster. It's a weakness of mine. I am often compelled to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I'm sorry though. I'm not trying to make the decision you made harder for you. I think you understand what I'm saying more than some others posting here may. You saw the good in him and so do I. But I'm going to let this go because I'm not trying to hurt or confuse you either. I know you have a big heart. You did what you had to do and sometimes it doesn't feel so good, but it has to be done. It doesn't make you a bad person.

You're going to be fine Jess.;)
Thank you.

• Optimistic
Reactions: akaDaScribe
Upvote 0