Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am a retired scientist, mathematician and educator and this is the first time I have heard of this. Can you refer me to the journals where this major breakthrough was announced? Thank you.

Physics has moved on to a new reality.

Here is a series of fictional imagined concepts, each being replaced by a new imagineered story.
atoms_history.gif

Fiction | Definition of Fiction by Merriam-Webster

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fictionMerriam‑Webster
Full Definition of fiction. 1 a : something invented by the imagination or feigned; specifically : an invented story

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there some reason you think that atoms have been proven to not exist?

I believe theories are imagined stories with a basis in fact and an added imagined story. Science Fictions.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God didn't write any of the Bible, so no, God didn't write Genesis.
Genesis, like most of the Pentateuch, seems to be the result of redaction from several authors (c.f. the Documentary Hypothesis).-CryptoLutheran

God is Spirit.
Want to start over?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As far as I know, the only thing God wrote personally was the ten commandments, but I'll be happy to stand corrected on that.
Verbal plenary inspiration aside, God wrote the Ten Commandments twice, He wrote MENE MENE TEKEL UPHARSIN on the wall of Belshazzar's court, and He wrote in the sand in the New Testament.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No one believes that God wrote Genesis. Genesis was written by Moses and inspired by the Holy Spirit.
He did. Who else would provide the Spiritual insights? End of story.
Wait. One person says nobody even thinks God wrote Genesis, and the very next post says God wrote Genesis, end of story.

If one is coming here to understand your religion, how can he possibly make sense of all this?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Physics has moved on to a new reality.

Here is a series of fictional imagined concepts, each being replaced by a new imagineered story.
atoms_history.gif

Fiction | Definition of Fiction by Merriam-Webster

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fictionMerriam‑Webster
Full Definition of fiction. 1 a : something invented by the imagination or feigned; specifically : an invented story

A hypothesis or a theory are not fictions. Both are fact based and both can ultimately be found untrue based on additional facts.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Wait. One person says nobody even thinks God wrote Genesis, and the very next post says God wrote Genesis, end of story.

If one is coming here to understand your religion, how can he possibly make sense of all this?

I'd say coming to CF to learn about Christianity is a generally bad idea altogether. One might learn some things, but it would have probably been better to go out and pick up a book.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟412,233.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You may be aware there are differences between how Christians regard The Bible, and that includes Genesis, and the way Muslims regard the Koran.

Islam contends that the Koran is the very words of Allah as spoken in Arabic to the prophet Mohammed.

The Bible (the word means library) is a collection of works assembled over time, and accepted as scripture. The writing is the writing of those who have been convinced of the God who encounters us, and they were convinced or inspired to record the revelation as they understood it. It may well be that very few of them as they wrote believed that they were writing scripture - I suspect that if Paul thought we would be hanging on every word in Romans, his Greek may have been a bit tidier at least.

The argument that God wrote Genesis to my mind at least is a little simplistic, and claims to much, where as it is more reasonable to take it that God inspired people to record what they understood had been revealed. The God I find in the Bible is not a puppeteer, he is the God who works with people as they respond to him.

The Church, and Christians generally, receive the Biblical Texts as the story of faith, the tradition that kindles our own faith, and the measure by which we can understand our own experiences of God, or what we believe to be of God, and test our claims.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,​

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A hypothesis or a theory are not fictions. Both are fact based and both can ultimately be found untrue based on additional facts.

If: anything can be found to be untrue,
then: it was originally fiction created by somebody's imagination.

I agree that everybody denies this, and they refer to any current
belief as "Fact" if enough people support their delusion. But analysis
of "fact" as something that is ultimately wrong, reveals that the
original claim as "fact" was wishful thinking. People want "the fact"
to include all of their beliefs, wrong or not.

In the field of Science, I call this Science-Fiction.

Science fiction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Science fiction is a genre of speculative fiction typically dealing with imaginative concepts such as futuristic science and technology, space travel, time travel, faster than light travel, parallel universes, and extraterrestrial life.
(This definition easily includes "all theories")

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Verbal plenary inspiration aside, God wrote the Ten Commandments twice, He wrote MENE MENE TEKEL UPHARSIN on the wall of Belshazzar's court, and He wrote in the sand in the New Testament.

:clap:

See, I told you I'd be happy. :) Now I know

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Beyond that, Rabbi Maimonides has commented that a great deal of Genesis is "mythology and borrowed folklore".

Many Jews, especially the more liberal (i.e. Reformed), believe that Genesis is folklore. There is reason... the 10 Commandments, in fact much of the Law in general, almost seems as if copied from Hammurabi who loved around 200 years earlier than Sinai. But... I can show that the basic do's and don'ts of the law were known before Sinai. In fact, Abraham followed the commandments and laws (Genesis 26:5) so it is more likely that Hammurabi copied the law and simply was the first to put it into writing. Therefore, it wouldn't be folklore, it would be reverse plagiarism. :)

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some claim that God wrote Genesis, but I think not.

I think not as well. I tend to lean toward Shem for Genesis, at least most of it. Noach did not know Adam, and Shem is his son, but Noach's father Lamech, his father Methuselah, Methuselah's grandfather Hanoch, plus the next 3-4 generations (which end only 2 from Adam) were all alive when Noach was. So Noach would have had many generations of people to rely on to learn of the Genesis accounts prior to his arrival. Since Shem is his son and he is still alive when even Isaac and Jacob are alive... then we have a close connection from the time of Adam THROUGH the time of the Patriarchs of Israel.

As for Shem... he is my guess for at least most of it... but I have no proof. :)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd say coming to CF to learn about Christianity is a generally bad idea altogether. One might learn some things, but it would have probably been better to go out and pick up a book.
May I suggest the Bible?

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0