Did God know you before the foundation of the world?

InChristForever

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
✟7,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This looks like a gooder!

Just want to throw this in there.

We cannot grasp God fully on earth. He is omnipresent... this extends to the past, present and future. He sees it all things, at all times, all at once. Got it?

So, the Lamb of God was slain before the foundations of the world. God knows His sheep (and they know Him), we do not (unless they are professing ofcourse but even that can be faked). God knows each person that will be saved, because God knows the heart (it is deeper than the Body of Christ). So if you want to look at it from God's view, you pretty much become a Calvanist, but you aren't God so... you can't.

I keep repeating only God knows the heart and it is true... I have seen professing Christians break down... and say "I am not saved" and you would have never known. Only God, and the individual know... now scripture is pretty clear... the individual can KNOW! :) And hey, thats the Good News!

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
in the Spirit ... God willing ...
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are talking about the "Elect Jews", Which have nothing to do with the Church, "The body of Christ", Those Elect Jews will get saved during the tribulation period, After the Church has been raptures to heaven.

There are the Elect Jews, Elect Angels, The elect Jesus and the elect Church, Which is made up from anyone and everyone who freely choses to get born again.

well, first ... i'm not a rapture supporter ... so it's a given we will see things differently ...

so ... no Gentile of any remnanat will bring forth the message?

Upvote 0

wwminister

Sep 21, 2013
✟7,637.00
Faith
Word of Faith
This looks like a gooder!

Just want to throw this in there.

We cannot grasp God fully on earth. He is omnipresent... this extends to the past, present and future. He sees it all things, at all times, all at once. Got it?

So, the Lamb of God was slain before the foundations of the world. God knows His sheep (and they know Him), we do not (unless they are professing ofcourse but even that can be faked). God knows each person that will be saved, because God knows the heart (it is deeper than the Body of Christ). So if you want to look at it from God's view, you pretty much become a Calvanist, but you aren't God so... you can't.

I keep repeating only God knows the heart and it is true... I have seen professing Christians break down... and say "I am not saved" and you would have never known. Only God, and the individual know... now scripture is pretty clear... the individual can KNOW! :) And hey, thats the Good News!

Just like God forgets our sins, [Remembers them no more], He has the capacity to chose not to know certain things, And you see that a few times in the Bible. If God knew what would happen to Adam through the devil, Then why would a loving God creat Man, And why would He repent of creating man if He knew in the first place that Adam would fall??.

All it needs, Is a little thought, A little common sense and a revelation of what the Bible actually says. Then we shal know the truth.
But to many people have been religiously brainwashed instead of Biblicaly taught.

Upvote 0

wwminister

Sep 21, 2013
✟7,637.00
Faith
Word of Faith
well, first ... i'm not a rapture supporter ... so it's a given we will see things differently ...

so ... no Gentile of any remnanat will bring forth the message?

There are to many Pre-trib rapture scriptures, For it not to be true.

What do you mean by, "so ... no Gentile of any remnanat will bring forth the message?"
If you mean during the tribulation period after the Church has been raptured to heaven, Then there mighy be some Gentile backsider who come back to God, And bring forth the message.

Upvote 0

InChristForever

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
✟7,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just like God forgets our sins, [Remembers them no more], He has the capacity to chose not to know certain things, And you see that a few times in the Bible. If God knew what would happen to Adam through the devil, Then why would a loving God creat Man, And why would He repent of creating man if He knew in the first place that Adam would fall??.

All it needs, Is a little thought, A little common sense and a revelation of what the Bible actually says. Then we shal know the truth.
But to many people have been religiously brainwashed instead of Biblicaly taught.

Jesus took our sin upon Him. Now, when God looks at me... all He sees is His Son, because I am "in Christ." I will be accountable for my sins, and when I stand before Christ at His Judgment Seat I will be given things according to them. The Wood, Hay and Stubble will be burnt up... because those are from things which cannot rewarded.

I think that, that thought is pretty awesome! Christ is going to tell me some works were worthless, and I am going to say (as I do now)... Thank you Lord, that they are worthless, but I am not condemned by them! Amen to that! I am so glad in that! :)

Upvote 0

InChristForever

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
✟7,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then why would a loving God creat Man, And why would He repent of creating man if He knew in the first place that Adam would fall??.

God cannot repent, for God is perfect and has done nothing wrong.

God wants you to love Him, and if you love Him you will do what? Do as He commands! We are bondservants... slaves. I gladly admit that! God is giving us:

Mercy - He is not giving us something we deserve (judgment, and hell)
Grace - He is giving us something we don't deserve, His Son Jesus, and eternal life through Him.

So... I don't think we can really fully understand it... that is why we must have... faith.

Upvote 0

wwminister

Sep 21, 2013
✟7,637.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Jesus took our sin upon Him. Now, when God looks at me... all He sees is His Son, because I am "in Christ." I will be accountable for my sins, and when I stand before Christ at His Judgment Seat I will be given things according to them. The Wood, Hay and Stubble will be burnt up... because those are from things which cannot rewarded.

I think that, that thought is pretty awesome! Christ is going to tell me some works were worthless, and I am going to say (as I do now)... Thank you Lord, that they are worthless, but I am not condemned by them! Amen to that! I am so glad in that! :)

We wil be accountable for our WORKS, NOT our sins,
Please keep 1 Cor 3: 5-15 in it's right context.
The Bible says if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive, And cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness, And that means, We are back in right standing with God.

Upvote 0

InChristForever

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
✟7,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are right, we are forgiven in Christ and we ourselves are 100% justified. However I still sin and I know that He will chasten me for it, and that when I stand before him I will give an account of my LIFE. I have been adopted into God's family, and in that family I can do things to honour or dishonour. When I say "I can do" it is the things that "I do" that will be burnt up and it is the things that "God does through me" that will remain.

I do have that passage in its correct context brother, because the believer which is indicated here stands on the finished Work of Christ, the non-believer stands on nothing... I think it would be best for us to disagree here and move on.

Upvote 0

wwminister

Sep 21, 2013
✟7,637.00
Faith
Word of Faith
God cannot repent, for God is perfect and has done nothing wrong.

God wants you to love Him, and if you love Him you will do what? Do as He commands! We are bondservants... slaves. I gladly admit that! God is giving us:

Mercy - He is not giving us something we deserve (judgment, and hell)
Grace - He is giving us something we don't deserve, His Son Jesus, and eternal life through Him.

So... I don't think we can really fully understand it... that is why we must have... faith.

If God can't repent, WHY DID HE??. Gen 6: 6. 1 Sam 15: 11,& v35.
Just two of the scripture proofs that God repented.

Upvote 0

wwminister

Sep 21, 2013
✟7,637.00
Faith
Word of Faith
You are right, we are forgiven in Christ and we ourselves are 100% justified. However I still sin and I know that He will chasten me for it, and that when I stand before him I will give an account of my LIFE. I have been adopted into God's family, and in that family I can do things to honour or dishonour. When I say "I can do" it is the things that "I do" that will be burnt up and it is the things that "God does through me" that will remain.

I do have that passage in its correct context brother, because the believer which is indicated here stands on the finished Work of Christ, the non-believer stands on nothing... I think it would be best for us to disagree here and move on.

You don't have that passage in it's correct context, WHY SAY YOU DO??.
It's talking about our works, Not our sins.... Our sins are forgiven and forgoten, And if we do slip up, God will forgive AND CLEANSE us, As we repent and confess to God.

If you have to stand before God and give an account of your sins, What did the sacrifice, blood and death of Jesus accomplish??.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

InChristForever

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
✟7,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not going to try to change your mind. I have it in the right context... especially when the context of the whole of scripture is applied.

The word you speak of translated as "repent" in the OT is pronounced as "naw-kham" means to sigh... so yes, God was deeply grieved by sin, and I am sure that He was sorry that He made humans at that point... for the world loves evil, and hates God. Does this mean God did wrong?

Reconsider that context while studying orginal Hebrew, apply it to the local context of the passage and then to scripture as a whole. The problem we see most commonly today is when someone takes a passage in a context like Acts 2, without taking into account 1 Cor 13. This is how we get a wrong donctrines in the Church.

Upvote 0

wwminister

Sep 21, 2013
✟7,637.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I am not going to try to change your mind. I have it in the right context... especially when the context of the whole of scripture is applied.

The word you speak of translated as "repent" in the OT is pronounced as "naw-kham" means to sigh... so yes, God was deeply grieved by sin, and I am sure that He was sorry that He made humans at that point... for the world loves evil, and hates God. Does this mean God did wrong?

Reconsider that context while studying orginal Hebrew, apply it to the local context of the passage and then to scripture as a whole. The problem we see most commonly today is when someone takes a passage in a context like Acts 2, without taking into account 1 Cor 13. This is how we get a wrong donctrines in the Church.

If you read 1 Cor 3: 1--15. You will see that it's talking about our WORKS, Not sin..
V2, Feeding the word.
V5, Ministers.
V6--9, Labourers that either plant or water the word.
V10, A master builder that laid the foundation.
V13--15, Works.

Now tell me it's talking about sin, And tell me you have put it in it's right context. And I will tel you that the Bible disagrees with you.

As for, "God Repenting", The Hebrew meaning is,
"To grieve, To be sorry, To feel repentance, And to REPENT",
The Hebrew says, It is mostly linked to God repenting.

I noticed that you left out, " Feel repentance and repent".. Naughty.

If God knew before, He would have known that He would grieve, Be sorry and repent, So why would He create man .. It doesn't make any sense, NO...NO...NO.. God choses not to know certain things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

InChristForever

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
✟7,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you explain what Rev 20:12-13 means? What are those works? Why were these condemned to hell? You are misunderstanding the word "works" in context of scripture friend. I mean CLEARLY they are unsaved as they are at the GWT and they are being JUDGED for their works. To be clear... the word "works" in 1 Cor 3, is the same found in Rev 20, so don't confuse it please it with some other meaning.

I think you are confused dear brother. I think you are misunderstanding that again, Christians are in Christ, therefore we are not judged for our sins, but give an account of our lives... there is the key difference in being held accountable for your actions and choices, than being condemned by them. You are missing this. Which is why you misunderstand that passage. We will just have to disagree I am afraid and think the other is wrong in the matter.

Yes God knew that man would fall, and. He went through with it because He is looking for those who truly love Him. That would be those saved by grace, and the remnant of His people which has been preserved through the ages. God values that love, and He is looking for the "few" who do... which is were the "if you love Me, keep my commandments" comes in. WE love Him, because He first loved US. God chose Israel and that wasn't enough, and He knew that right? Yes, yes and yes... God knew.

That is the the profound love of God that we cannot fully understand, and, I am so very thankful for! That is why we have Isa 53. God is always planning way ahead... that is why we have the Revelation revealed. God knows everything, past, present and future...

Again, He looks for those who truly love Him, and wish to follow after His Will. He knew, because the Lamb was slain before the foundations of the World, as He Himself has said... He knew. So... "NO NO NO" doesn't cut it when God Himself has revealed it in Revelation.

*Sighs*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wwminister

Sep 21, 2013
✟7,637.00
Faith
Word of Faith

I have told you waht the Bible says, But I can't make you believe it.
I have told you what the Hebrew meaning is for, "Repent", But I can't make you believe it.
You don't have an open mind or a teachable spirit, So you believe the fact that God is the authur of all evil.

Upvote 0

wwminister

Sep 21, 2013
✟7,637.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Can you explain what Rev 20:12-13 means? What are those works? Why were these condemned to hell? You are misunderstanding the word "works" in context of scripture friend. I mean CLEARLY they are unsaved as they are at the GWT and they are being JUDGED for their works. To be clear... the word "works" in 1 Cor 3, is the same found in Rev 20, so don't confuse it please it with some other meaning.

I think you are confused dear brother. I think you are misunderstanding that again, Christians are in Christ, therefore we are not judged for our sins, but give an account of our lives... there is the key difference in being held accountable for your actions and choices, than being condemned by them. You are missing this. Which is why you misunderstand that passage. We will just have to disagree I am afraid and think the other is wrong in the matter.

Yes God knew that man would fall, and. He went through with it because He is looking for those who truly love Him. That would be those saved by grace, and the remnant of His people which has been preserved through the ages. God values that love, and He is looking for the "few" who do... which is were the "if you love Me, keep my commandments" comes in. WE love Him, because He first loved US. God chose Israel and that wasn't enough, and He knew that right? Yes, yes and yes... God knew.

That is the the profound love of God that we cannot fully understand, and, I am so very thankful for! That is why we have Isa 53. God is always planning way ahead... that is why we have the Revelation revealed. God knows everything, past, present and future...

Again, He looks for those who truly love Him, and wish to follow after His Will. He knew, because the Lamb was slain before the foundations of the World, as He Himself has said... He knew. So... "NO NO NO" doesn't cut it when God Himself has revealed it in Revelation.

*Sighs*

Please not the word, "Works", Not sin.
Jesus has already taken the judgmen for our sins.

And Rev 20, isn't in the Church age, The Church had been taken to heaven, Come back with Jesus and reigned for 1000 years with Him.
So the dead in Rev 20: 12--13 aren't the Church.
They are those who were born in the tribulation to after the 1000 year reign.

God didn't know man would fall.
God doesn't do the chosing, People chose God, Or reject Him.
God has chosen a body, And that body consists of everyone and anyone who will blelieve.

Upvote 0

wwminister

Sep 21, 2013
✟7,637.00
Faith
Word of Faith
May the Lord open your eyes to the Truth.

Good day mate.

Amen, He has done, as I have proved,
We should pray that prayer for everyone.
As much as I know, I want to learn more and more about God and His word.
One thing that blesses me, Is, We are always getting new revelations from the Bible, And some of us have enough sense to believe and reaceived them, Unlike you.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Interesting topic.

I have wondered about the contextual intentions of Moses when he authored
The accounts on the mount with God.

Exodus 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

If we take our perspective on repenting,the logical assumption,
Would be God repented as we do.

You could term it as a apology.

Look at the verses leading to the statement:

Exodus 32:9 And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people: 32:10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation. 32:11 And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand? 32:12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people. 32:13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

It is clear God was angered here,Moses was a peacemaker.

Repent was a term for apologize, to Moses.

Upvote 0