Did Ellen White confirm that the first day is an evening and a morning?

is evening to morning the first day or the night half of the first day?

• evening to evening is a Sabbath in Israel

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • evening to morning is the night half of the first day

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • morning to evening is the light half of the second day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • morning to morning is a Sabbath in Genesis

• all the above are correct

• Total voters

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Back to my question... Why didn't Yeshua teach his disciples the truth about the timing of the Sabbath, at least to the writer of Revelation, when it is critical?
Sister, God taught it from the beginning in Genesis and repeated it with the manna, we just don't care. I just found out that set is the New Moon for everyone around the world together. I mean, it doesn't circle the earth like Saturday where it's Saturday for some and not for others. Everyone experiences the New Moon together, regardless of their place on earth. In the following passage, God speaks of the Sabbath as experienced collectively by everyone around the world. As the Bible teaches, the first Sabbath of Eden remembered is in Israel together, set in the Eden time zone for the world.

“As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. (Isaiah 66:22-23 NIV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sister, God taught it from the beginning in Genesis and repeated it with the manna, we just don't care. I just found out that set is the New Moon for everyone around the world together. I mean, it doesn't circle the earth like Saturday where it's Saturday for some and not for others. Everyone experiences the New Moon together, regardless of their place on earth. In the following passage, God speaks of the Sabbath as experienced collectively by everyone around the world. As the Bible teaches, the first Sabbath of Eden remembered is in Israel together, set in the Eden time zone for the world.

“As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. (Isaiah 66:22-23 NIV)​

I really hope you will consider getting back in church. My pastor, Doug Batchelor often speaks about how important it is to be in church, because it's too easy when you do not go church, to come up with wild theories that are not Biblical. You seem to grasp on to words in some sentences and hang on to them for dear life and completely turn a blind eye to the full sentence or its meaning. Despite everyone here pointing it out to you, you are so tunnel focused on a few words you are missing the meaning of those words. Please get back in the church, speak to your pastor. We are not meant to always fellowship alone.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I really hope you will consider getting back in church. My pastor, Doug Batchelor often speaks about how important it is to be in church, because it's too easy when you do not go church, to come up with wild theories that are not Biblical. You seem to grasp on to words in some sentences and hang on to them for dear life and completely turn a blind eye to the full sentence or its meaning. Despite everyone here pointing it out to you, you are so tunnel focused on a few words you are missing the meaning of those words. Please get back in the church, speak to your pastor. We are not meant to always fellowship alone.
Sister, why don't you personally care what God revealed in the manna story? Don't you want others to personally hear what you share with them about the Sabbath without them hiding behind their leaders? Every day except the day before a Sabbath, collected was the manna in the "morning" and lasted until the next "morning". The day before a Sabbath, it would last past the ending "morning" of the previous day until a second day that also ends in a "morning". Clearly, a day for the manna story because of the Sabbath is from "morning" to "morning". The Sabbath begins with a "morning" with no manna found and the previous day's manna lasts beyond the end "morning" of the previous day for two days instead of one. Note that manna spoils in the morning except when the next day is a Sabbath. For the manna story, the point on the line when the preparation day crosses to the Sabbath is when it is not spoiled in the morning.

Then Moses said to them, “No one is to keep any of it until morning.” However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them. Each morning everyone gathered as much as they needed, and when the sun grew hot, it melted away. On the sixth day, they gathered twice as much—two omers for each person—and the leaders of the community came and reported this to Moses. He said to them, “This is what the Lord commanded: ‘Tomorrow is to be a day of sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.’ ” So they saved it until morning, as Moses commanded, and it did not stink or get maggots in it. “Eat it today,” Moses said, “because today is a sabbath to the Lord. You will not find any of it on the ground today. Six days you are to gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will not be any.” (Exodus 16:19-26 NIV)​

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sister, why don't you personally care what God revealed in the manna story? Don't you want others to personally hear what you share with them about the Sabbath without them hiding behind their leaders? Every day except the day before a Sabbath, collected was the manna in the "morning" and lasted until the next "morning". The day before a Sabbath, it would last past the ending "morning" of the previous day until a second day that also ends in a "morning". Clearly, a day for the manna story because of the Sabbath is from "morning" to "morning". The Sabbath begins with a "morning" with no manna found and the previous day's manna lasts beyond the end "morning" of the previous day for two days instead of one. Note that manna spoils in the morning except when the next day is a Sabbath. For the manna story, the point on the line when the preparation day crosses to the Sabbath is when it is not spoiled in the morning.

Then Moses said to them, “No one is to keep any of it until morning.” However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them. Each morning everyone gathered as much as they needed, and when the sun grew hot, it melted away. On the sixth day, they gathered twice as much—two omers for each person—and the leaders of the community came and reported this to Moses. He said to them, “This is what the Lord commanded: ‘Tomorrow is to be a day of sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.’ ” So they saved it until morning, as Moses commanded, and it did not stink or get maggots in it. “Eat it today,” Moses said, “because today is a sabbath to the Lord. You will not find any of it on the ground today. Six days you are to gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will not be any.” (Exodus 16:19-26 NIV)​

Why don't you answer a direct question? And if you think all Adventist are sinning I am curious why call yourself an Adventist?

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

“As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. (Isaiah 66:22-23 NIV)

I celebrate the New Moon when I see YHWH's sign of the New Moon. No one knows the day nor the hour.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic

Nice dodge, but that doesn't get Yeshua to support your position verbally with the disciples, not even John during Revelation... If it was that important, you would not be the only enlightened one in 6000 years.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Nice dodge, but that doesn't get Yeshua to support your position verbally with the disciples, not even John during Revelation... If it was that important, you would not be the only enlightened one in 6000 years.
Sister, Ellen White had a similar question about why God allowed "this late day" to correct the error after 8 years of keeping the Sabbath from 6 to 6 pm before changing to sunset. The following passage gives the angels' answer to her question. From the answer, I understand that God helped our church understand the longer time you mentioned to make the last correction. God prepared our church to understand His Sabbath, it is simply taking others longer to realize what I have understood. Note that the angel speaks positively that we will "understand, but not yet, not yet". I just don't know how long it will take for others to see it as I do. It is difficult to correct a tradition, especially one that is with us for so long!

I saw that it is even so: “From even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath.” Said the angel: “Take the word of God, read it, understand, and ye cannot err. Read carefully, and ye shall there find what even is, and when it is.” I asked the angel if the frown of God had been upon His people for commencing the Sabbath as they had. I was directed back to the first rise of the Sabbath, and followed the people of God up to this time, but did not see that the Lord was displeased, or frowned upon them. I inquired why it had been thus, that at this late day we must change the time of commencing the Sabbath. Said the angel: “Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet.” Said the angel: “If light come, and that light is set aside or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject.” I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at six o'clock, when I had only seen that it commenced at “even,” and it was inferred that even was at six. I saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together. (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, Page 116)​

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
“From even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath.” Said the angel: “Take the word of God, read it, understand

Yes, let's read YHWH's words:

Leviticus 23:32
It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Sister, Ellen White had a similar question about why God allowed "this late day" to correct the error after 8 years of keeping the Sabbath from 6 to 6 pm before changing to sunset. The following passage gives the angels' answer to her question. From the answer, I understand that God helped our church understand the longer time you mentioned to make the last correction. God prepared our church to understand His Sabbath, it is simply taking others longer to realize what I have understood. Note that the angel speaks positively that we will "understand, but not yet, not yet". I just don't know how long it will take for others to see it as I do. It is difficult to correct a tradition, especially one that is with us for so long!

I saw that it is even so: “From even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath.” Said the angel: “Take the word of God, read it, understand, and ye cannot err. Read carefully, and ye shall there find what even is, and when it is.” I asked the angel if the frown of God had been upon His people for commencing the Sabbath as they had. I was directed back to the first rise of the Sabbath, and followed the people of God up to this time, but did not see that the Lord was displeased, or frowned upon them. I inquired why it had been thus, that at this late day we must change the time of commencing the Sabbath. Said the angel: “Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet.” Said the angel: “If light come, and that light is set aside or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject.” I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at six o'clock, when I had only seen that it commenced at “even,” and it was inferred that even was at six. I saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together. (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, Page 116)​

So the angel corrected the prophet's understanding regarding the sunset start of the Sabbath...

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Yes, let's read YHWH's words: Leviticus 23:32
It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.
Brother, our prophetess' inspiration confirmed what God told Israel that when combined with what God reveals in Genesis it shows that remembered is the Sabbath in the Eden time zone because evening to evening is not the set first day in Genesis from morning to morning. What she did not confirm and supposed is that the instruction to Israel are also valid for the United States and not specific to the site of Israel.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
So the angel corrected the prophet's understanding regarding the sunset start of the Sabbath...
Sister the Angel reveals another later change that we have not made on "when it is" that evening falls on the first day. This is what others and I will understand in the future, as I have. We have not changed "when it is" that evening falls on the first day and we as a church still assume that it falls at the beginning of the first day when it falls in the middle of the first day. We start our local Sabbaths together when it starts in Israel. This puts Israel at the center of our Sabbath keeping.

I saw that it is even so: “From even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath.” Said the angel: “Take the word of God, read it, understand, and ye cannot err. Read carefully, and ye shall there find what even is, and when it is.” I asked the angel if the frown of God had been upon His people for commencing the Sabbath as they had. I was directed back to the first rise of the Sabbath, and followed the people of God up to this time, but did not see that the Lord was displeased, or frowned upon them. I inquired why it had been thus, that at this late day we must change the time of commencing the Sabbath. Said the angel: “Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet. Said the angel: “If light come, and that light is set aside or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject.” I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at six o'clock, when I had only seen that it commenced at “even,” and it was inferred that even was at six. I saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together. (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, Page 116)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sister the Angel reveals another later change that we have not made on "when it is" that evening falls on the first day. This is what others and I will understand in the future, as I have. We have not changed "when it is" that evening falls on the first day and we as a church still assume that it falls at the beginning of the first day when it falls in the middle of the first day. We start our local Sabbaths together when it starts in Israel. This puts Israel at the center of our Sabbath keeping.

I saw that it is even so: “From even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath.” Said the angel: “Take the word of God, read it, understand, and ye cannot err. Read carefully, and ye shall there find what even is, and when it is.” I asked the angel if the frown of God had been upon His people for commencing the Sabbath as they had. I was directed back to the first rise of the Sabbath, and followed the people of God up to this time, but did not see that the Lord was displeased, or frowned upon them. I inquired why it had been thus, that at this late day we must change the time of commencing the Sabbath. Said the angel: “Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet. Said the angel: “If light come, and that light is set aside or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject.” I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at six o'clock, when I had only seen that it commenced at “even,” and it was inferred that even was at six. I saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together. (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, Page 116)​

It seems what you are suggesting that the Angel of God corrected Ellen White on the correct Sabbath keeping times, but now God has changed His mind despite making it clear He is unchanging.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

If the Angel corrected Ellen and the church has been blessed and grew exponentially, but yet God decided not to tell Ellen the real truth on the Sabbath just yet so all Adventist would break the weekly Sabbath all these years. I really hope you're hearing yourself.

God is not going to change the 4th commandment, it is written in stone for eternal. The Sabbath is a seal of His truth, His Holy day. Our God is not a God of confusion and your theory is making it seem like He is. I know you have this theory in your head, but just because you believe it does not make it true. The scriptures do not support it, our Jewish friends who have kept Sabbath generation after generation does not support it, God's messenger does not support it. Please take a step back and pray for guidance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic

So from the prophet in her vision saw that the Sabbath commenced at "even".... So where did you get your vision of morning?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
God reveals in Genesis it shows that remembered is the Sabbath in the Eden time zone because evening to evening is not the set first day in Genesis from morning to morning.

I'm still waiting on the coordinates for Eden. As you have not provided them; it only reinforces my assertion that you don't know when the sabbath begins. Without those coordinates; you're whole argument crumbles.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Brother, Daniel did not understand his inspiration because sealed was it for a future understanding of what he wrote.

Well I suppose that your personal revelation, of when the sabbath begins, is still sealed up in absence of the coordinates of Eden.

Does this mean that you don't understand what you wrote?

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
So from the prophet in her vision saw that the Sabbath commenced at "even".... So where did you get your vision of morning?
Sister, she confirms what God told Israel and then takes us back to the first Sabbath of creation week so that you don't choose one peace of the truth about the Sabbath over the other as we did as a church when they are both true: the first Sabbath in Eden is from morning to morning confirmed by a Passover rule and the manna story that remembered is in Israel from evening to evening. The explanation confirmed by the International Date Line (IDL) is that remembered is the Sabbath in the Eden time zone. I didn't get it from her, I learned it from the first day in Genesis and then I looked at what she wrote. I saw that her inspiration is consistent with what Genesis reveals. When I say her inspiration, I don't mean what she understood but what she wrote. She wrote that we would understand more in the future and she highlights when evening falls as something to learn that we haven't changed, although I found the reason to change it. We still think that the days of creation begin with an evening when I found out that Genesis reveals that the evening falls in the middle of the first day and not at the beginning as supposed was due to the Sabbath in Israel which is not a day of the week like it was set in creation week.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

Upvote 0