Did Ellen White confirm that the first day is an evening and a morning?

is evening to morning the first day or the night half of the first day?

• evening to evening is a Sabbath in Israel

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • evening to morning is the night half of the first day

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • morning to evening is the light half of the second day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • morning to morning is a Sabbath in Genesis

• all the above are correct

• Total voters

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sister, I don't want you to think I am pushing you away with my words, I want you to stay and be true to yourself, I do not want to hold you back in any way. I only defend myself against your accusations with my words. As I have said, I must obey God and not human beings. I am representing what God has done and is doing through the Adventist church in faithfulness to Him. From my point of view I am a pillar of our faith.

I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him. (1 John 2:26-27 NIV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

What you are doing is falsely representing the Adventist church. The Adventist church has their own platform that was formed in 1863. The beliefs of the church are found here: Fundamental Beliefs of the Seventh Day Adventist Church

The SDA church has not asked you to represent them in this false teaching, so therefore you are committing a sin by false representation.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Sister, there is a different verb used on the fourth day that in the later context with Abraham at the end of this post shows that it means prepared (asah) and not create (bara') as in the previous verses.

And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. God made (asah) two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made (asah) the stars. God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day. (Genesis 1:14-19 NIV)​

The sun already existed from the first day as explained here to decide the days and added was the moon to the sun to prepare (asah) and not create (bara') the sun that already existed from the first day to decide from now on the seasons of the year in addition to the days from the first day.

So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah. “Quick,” he said, “get three seahs of the finest flour and knead it and bake some bread.” Then he ran to the herd and selected a choice, tender calf and gave it to a servant, who hurried to prepare (asah) it. He then brought some curds and milk and the calf that had been prepared (asah), and set these before them. While they ate, he stood near them under a tree. (Genesis 18:6-8 NIV)​

United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

You obviously also do not know Hebrew. The same verses you quoted in Hebrew. I can not post the full quote in one post so I have to separate them.

Gen 1

1 in~SUMMIT (בְּרֵאשִׁית / bê'rey'[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse])[1] he~did~SHAPE(V) (בָּרָא / ba'ra) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) AT (אֵת / eyt) the~SKY~s2 (הַשָּׁמַיִם / ha'sha'ma'yim) and~AT (וְאֵת / wê'eyt) the~LAND (הָאָרֶץ / ha'a'rets)

14 and~he~will~SAY(V) (וַיֹּאמֶר / wai'yo'mer) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) he~will~EXIST(V) (יְהִי / yê'hi) LUMINARY~s (מְאֹרֹת / mê'o'rot) in~SHEET (בִּרְקִיעַ / bir'qi'a) the~SKY~s2 (הַשָּׁמַיִם / ha'sha'ma'yim) to~~Identifies the verb form as infinitive." style="font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-size: medium; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">>~make~SEPARATE(V) (לְהַבְדִּיל / lê'hav'dil) BETWEEN (בֵּין / beyn) the~DAY (הַיּוֹם / hai'yom) and~BETWEEN (וּבֵין / u'veyn) the~NIGHT (הַלָּיְלָה / ha'lai'lah) and~they~did~EXIST(V) (וְהָיוּ / wê'hai'u) to~SIGN~s (לְאֹתֹת / lê'o'tot) and~to~APPOINTED~s (וּלְמוֹעֲדִים / ul'mo'a'dim) and~to~DAY~s (וּלְיָמִים / ul'ya'mim) and~YEAR~s (וְשָׁנִים / wê'sha'nim)

15 and~they~did~EXIST(V) (וְהָיוּ / wê'hai'u) to~LUMINARY~s (לִמְאוֹרֹת / lim'o'rot) in~SHEET (בִּרְקִיעַ / bir'qi'a) the~SKY~s2 (הַשָּׁמַיִם / ha'sha'ma'yim) to~~Identifies the verb form as infinitive." style="font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-size: medium; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">>~make~LIGHT(V) (לְהָאִיר / lê'ha'ir) UPON (עַל / al) the~LAND (הָאָרֶץ / ha'a'rets) and~he~will~EXIST(V) (וַיְהִי / wai'hi) SO (כֵן / kheyn)

16 and~he~will~DO(V) (וַיַּעַשׂ / wai'ya'as) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) AT (אֶת / et) TWO (שְׁנֵי / shê'ney) the~LUMINARY~s (הַמְּאֹרֹת / ham'o'rot) the~GREAT~s (הַגְּדֹלִים / ha'ge'do'lim) AT (אֶת / et) the~LUMINARY (הַמָּאוֹר / ha'ma'or) the~GREAT (הַגָּדֹל / ha'ga'dol) to~REGULATION (לְמֶמְשֶׁלֶת / lê'mem'she'let) the~DAY (הַיּוֹם / hai'yom) and~AT (וְאֶת / wê'et) the~LUMINARY (הַמָּאוֹר / ha'ma'or) the~SMALL (הַקָּטֹן / ha'qa'ton) to~REGULATION (לְמֶמְשֶׁלֶת / lê'mem'she'let) the~NIGHT (הַלַּיְלָה / ha'lai'lah) and~AT (וְאֵת / wê'eyt) the~STAR~s (הַכּוֹכָבִים / ha'ko'kha'vim)

17 and~he~will~GIVE(V) (וַיִּתֵּן / wai'yi'teyn) AT~them(m) (אֹתָם / o'tam) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) in~SHEET (בִּרְקִיעַ / bir'qi'a) the~SKY~s2 (הַשָּׁמָיִם / ha'sha'ma'yim) to~~Identifies the verb form as infinitive." style="font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-size: medium; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">>~make~LIGHT(V) (לְהָאִיר / lê'ha'ir) UPON (עַל / al) the~LAND (הָאָרֶץ / ha'a'rets)

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
18 and~to~~Identifies the verb form as infinitive." style="font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-size: medium; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">>~REGULATE(V) (וְלִמְשֹׁל / wê'lim'shol) in~the~DAY (בַּיּוֹם / ba'yom) and~in~NIGHT (וּבַלַּיְלָה / u'va'lai'lah) and~to~~Identifies the verb form as infinitive." style="font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-size: medium; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">>~make~SEPARATE(V) (וּלְהַבְדִּיל / ul'hav'dil) BETWEEN (בֵּין / beyn) the~LIGHT (הָאוֹר / ha'or) and~BETWEEN (וּבֵין / u'veyn) the~DARKNESS (הַחֹשֶׁךְ / ha'hho'shekh) and~he~will~SEE(V) (וַיַּרְא / wai'yar) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) GIVEN.THAT (כִּי / ki) FUNCTIONAL (טוֹב / tov)

19 and~he~will~EXIST(V) (וַיְהִי / wai'hi) EVENING (עֶרֶב / e'rev) and~he~will~EXIST(V) (וַיְהִי / wai'hi) MORNING (בֹקֶר / vo'qer) DAY (יוֹם / yom) FOURTH (רְבִיעִי / rê'vi'i)

Gen 18
6 and~he~will~much~HURRY(V) (וַיְמַהֵר / wai'ma'heyr) Avraham (אַבְרָהָם / av'ra'ham) the~TENT~unto (הָאֹהֱלָה / ha'o'he'lah) TO (אֶל / el) Sarah (שָׂרָה / sa'rah) and~he~will~SAY(V) (וַיֹּאמֶר / wai'yo'mer) !(fs)~much~HURRY(V) (מַהֲרִי / me'ha'ri) THREE (שְׁלֹשׁ / shê'losh) SE'AH~s (סְאִים / sê'im) GRAIN.FLOUR (קֶמַח / qe'mahh) FLOUR (סֹלֶת / so'let) !(fs)~KNEAD(V) (לוּשִׁי / lu'shi) and~!(fs)~DO(V) (וַעֲשִׂי / wa'a'si) BAKED.BREAD~s (עֻגוֹת / u'got)

7 and~TO (וְאֶל / wê'el) the~CATTLE (הַבָּקָר / ha'ba'qar) he~did~RUN(V) (רָץ / rats) Avraham (אַבְרָהָם / av'ra'ham) and~he~will~TAKE(V) (וַיִּקַּח / wai'yi'qahh) SON (בֶּן / ben) CATTLE (בָּקָר / ba'qar) TENDER (רַךְ / rakh) and~FUNCTIONAL (וָטוֹב / wa'tov) and~he~will~GIVE(V) (וַיִּתֵּן / wai'yi'teyn) TO (אֶל / el) the~YOUNG.MAN (הַנַּעַר / ha'na'ar) and~he~will~much~HURRY(V) (וַיְמַהֵר / wai'ma'heyr) to~~Identifies the verb form as infinitive." style="font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-size: medium;">>~DO(V) (לַעֲשׂוֹת / la'a'sot) AT~him (אֹתוֹ / o'to)

8 and~he~will~TAKE(V) (וַיִּקַּח / wai'yi'qahh) CHEESE (חֶמְאָה / hhem'ah) and~FAT (וְחָלָב / wê'hha'lav) and~SON (וּבֶן / u'ven) the~CATTLE (הַבָּקָר / ha'ba'qar) WHICH (אֲשֶׁר / a'sher) he~did~DO(V) (עָשָׂה / a'sah) and~he~will~GIVE(V) (וַיִּתֵּן / wai'yi'teyn) to~FACE~s~them(m) (לִפְנֵיהֶם / liph'ney'hem) and~HE (וְהוּא / wê'hu) STAND(V)~ing(ms) (עֹמֵד / o'meyd) UPON~them(m) (עֲלֵיהֶם / a'ley'hem) UNDER (תַּחַת / ta'hhat) the~TREE (הָעֵץ / ha'eyts) and~they(m)~will~EAT(V) (וַיֹּאכֵלוּ / wai'yo'khey'lu)

God did not "prepare" the sun on the first day--He made it on the 4th day.

Everything you have said is not true, does not conform to SA believes, does not con form to Hebrew, does not conform to the very concept of why God said from evening to morning. You don't get that Gen 1 says that the earth was in darkness before creation started. That is the first condition of it. t is God that created the light to divided the darkness from the light. DARKNESS CAME FIRST. It is to show that without God---there is only darkness---and God is light. He dispels darkness. That is why it is evening to morning. Every single 24 hour is a symbol of that first day of creation of going from darkness into the light=---what you are doing is the complete opposite of what God did---you start with light and bring in the darkness. That is the condition of light (God) overshadowed by darkness.
With God, darkness will never come after His light. He dispels light---you have it that darkness dispels light!! That is a blasphemous statement. You must stop!! It is a sin to lie! You are most assuredly lying when you say you are SDA!

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It is not as precise as a spot on the globe but a longitudinal line. I only get a longitude from the Sabbath in Israel to Eden and no latitude. I place it at 150.3 degrees West at the true International Date Line (IDL). One possible site could be "Maiao", but I could not confirm it using the Time Zone Converter tool in timeanddate.com to confirm a local sunrise when the Sabbath starts in Israel.

So you assert that the Sabbath begins in Eden; but you can't tell me where Eden is.

Thanks for your candid response. You have just admitted that you have no clue as to when the Sabbath begins; as you don't know where Eden is; yet assert that it dependent on sunrise in Eden.

It's not Maiao. You're not even at the correct longitude.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Sister, there is a different verb used on the fourth day that in the later context with Abraham at the end of this post shows that it means prepared (asah) and not create (bara') as in the previous verses.

And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. God made (asah) two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made (asah) the stars. God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day. (Genesis 1:14-19 NIV)​

The sun already existed from the first day as explained here to decide the days and added was the moon to the sun to prepare (asah) and not create (bara') the sun that already existed from the first day to decide from now on the seasons of the year in addition to the days from the first day.

So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah. “Quick,” he said, “get three seahs of the finest flour and knead it and bake some bread.” Then he ran to the herd and selected a choice, tender calf and gave it to a servant, who hurried to prepare (asah) it. He then brought some curds and milk and the calf that had been prepared (asah), and set these before them. While they ate, he stood near them under a tree. (Genesis 18:6-8 NIV)​

United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

I have answered enough of your theories, and have asked that you do not label yourself as SDA. Since you refuse to accept truth and you refuse to change your name to something other than SDA---I am going to put you on ignore---which means I will no longer be able to see your posts! So don't bother to address me, for I won't see it---Goodbye, and God help you.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sister, we are the reason! We can not "bear" all that He wants to tell us and does it slowly. He is growing us slowly in the knowledge of His word.

Speak for yourself. I can bear to keep the Sabbath, at the right time, just fine. Trying to keep it without the signs that YHWH gave us, is where it gets complicated.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
it uses Evening and morning the way we use Night and Day to be one 24 hour period. This is obvious
DARKNESS CAME FIRST. It is to show that without God---there is only darkness---and God is light. He dispels darkness. That is why it is evening to morning. Every single 24 hour is a symbol of that first day of creation of going from darkness into the light
Brother and sister, the reason evening and morning cannot mean night and day is because God defined night and day in the previous sentence, but choose not to use them because He is saying something else with other words that mean something different. We are forcing God to say something that He chose not to say.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Brother and sister, the reason evening and morning cannot mean night and day is because God defined night and day in the previous sentence, but choose not to use them because He is saying something else with other words that mean something different. We are forcing God to say something that He chose not to say.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

it says the opposite of what you would wish -- apparently

And there was evening and there was morningthe first day.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Yes, clearly the darkness preceded the light.

(CLV) Gn 1:1
In a beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth.

No light here. Looks like YHWH created the heavens and the earth in darkness.

(CLV) Gn 1:2
As for the earth, it came to be a chaos and vacant, and darkness was over the surface of the abyss. And the spirit of Elohim was vibrating over the surface of the waters.

Yep, that confirms it.

(CLV) Gn 1:3
And Elohim said: Let light come to be! And light came to be.

There you go. Pretty basic stuff.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Brother, there is a lot of evidence to support what I understood in Genesis. For example, the Passover rule of eating the sacrifice on the day offered. If you remember the story of putting blood on doorposts to prevent the death of the firstborn from entering the house. Offered is the sacrifice during the light and eaten at night while killed are the firstborn. Our tradition makes God a liar because it is not possible unless "day" is before "night" as Genesis tells us. Offered is the sacrifice on the 14th of Nissan and eaten is it on the 15th of Nissan when God said to do it in one day and not in two. The rule in the passage also confirms that a day ends in the morning, the most late you can eat it all.

The meat of their fellowship offering of thanksgiving must be eaten on the day it is offered; they must leave none of it till morning. (Leviticus 7:15 NIV)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Brother, there is a lot of evidence to support what I understood in Genesis.

No there isn't.

For example, the Passover rule of eating the sacrifice on the day offered

It's not eaten on the day that it is slaughtered. The day that it eaten is a Sabbath. No work is to be done. Slaughtering the Passover is work. It is eaten that night, with unleavened bread, on the first day of Hag Matzot (unleavend bread).

If you remember the story of putting blood on doorposts to prevent the death of the firstborn from entering the house. Offered is the sacrifice during the light and eaten at night while killed are the firstborn.

That's right it is slaughtered on Pesach between the evening hours. Then it is eaten with Matzah as the Shabbat begins.

Our tradition makes God a liar because it is not possible unless "day" is before "night" as Genesis tells us.

Speak for yourself. I don't follow tradition. I follow Torah.

Offered is the sacrifice on the 14th of Nissan and eaten is it on the 15th of Nissan

Exactly, with Matzah.

when God said to do it in one day and not in two. The rule in the passage also confirms that a day ends in the morning, the most late you can eat it all.

The meat of their fellowship offering of thanksgiving must be eaten on the day it is offered; they must leave none of it till morning. (Leviticus 7:15 NIV)

YHWH said slaughter it on the 14th, Pesach; then eat it with unleavened bread on the first day of Hag Matzot.

(CLV) Ex 12:8
Then they will eat the flesh on this night, roasted with fire, and with unleavened bread; over bitter herbs shall they eat it.

(CLV) Ex 12:9
Do not eat any of it underdone or cooked by being cooked in water, but rather roasted with fire, even its head along with its shanks and with its inwards.

(CLV) Ex 12:10
You shall not reserve any of it until the morning. And what is left of it until the morning you shall burn with fire.

(CLV) Ex 12:11
And as thus shall you eat it, with your waist girded, your sandals on your feet and your stave in your hand. You will eat it in urgent haste. It is the passover to Yahweh.

(CLV) Ex 12:12
For I will pass through the land of Egypt in this night and smite every firstborn in the land of Egypt, from human even unto beast, and ion all the elohim of Egypt I shall execute judgments; I am Yahweh.

(CLV) Ex 12:13
Then the blood will become a sign for you on the houses where you are. When I see the blood I will pass over on you. And there shall not come to be a stroke on you to cause ruin when I smite in the land of Egypt.

(CLV) Ex 12:14
Hence this day will become for you a memorial, and you will celebrate it as a festival to Yahweh. Throughout your generations shall you celebrate it as an eonian statute.

(CLV) Ex 12:15
Seven days shall you eat unleavened bread. Yea, on the first day you shall eradicate yeast from your houses; for anyone eating what is leavened, from the first day unto the seventh day, that soul will be cut off from Israel.

(CLV) Ex 12:16
On the first day you shall come to have a holy meeting, also on the seventh day a holy meeting. Not work at all shall be done ion them; only what is eaten by every soul, that alone may be prepared by you.

(CLV) Ex 12:17
You will observe the instruction, for on this very day I will bring forth your hosts from the land of Egypt. The passover was eaten on the first day; the same day that he brought them out of Egypt. And you will observe this day throughout your generations as an eonian statute.

(CLV) Ex 12:18
In the first month on the fourteenth day of the month, in the evening,(The 15th day) you shall eat unleavened bread until day twenty one of the month, in the evening.

15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21. Count them. 7 days.

(CLV) Ex 12:19
For seven days yeast shall not be found in your houses, for anyone eating leavened bread, that soul will be cut off from the congregation of Israel, both among the sojourners and among the natives of the land.

The verse you are citing calls for leavened bread. It's a sin to eat Pesach with leavened bread. You're conflating approach presents and peace offerings with Hag Matzot.

(CLV) Lv 7:13
With perforated cakes of leavened bread shall he bring near his approach present, along with the acclamation sacrifice of his peace offerings.

(CLV) Lv 7:14
And from it he will bring near one of each kind of approach present as a heave offering to Yahweh for the priest who is sprinkling the blood of the peace offerings; his shall it become.

(CLV) Lv 7:15
As for the flesh of the acclamation sacrifice of his peace offerings, on the day of his approach present shall it be eaten. None of it shall he leave until morning.

I'm still waiting on those coordinates!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)

Clearly darkness preceded the light as YHWH created the earth in darkness on the first day.

Evening is dark. Evening came first then, morning light. Darkness + light = day, not the other way around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Brother, there is a lot of evidence to support what I understood in Genesis.

I think you would agree with me on a few points.
1. The Adventist church does not teach that
2. Ellen White does not teach that.
3. The Bible says "evening and morning where the first day" and each of the days consists of "evening and morning" which Ex 20 says is the same as the day at Exodus.
4. Nobody in the 1800's claimed any Adventist was doing what you have chosen to do. So it is clear you have come up with a few of your own ideas and it would be fair to admit that we don't agree on your suggestions.

So then "we differ" -- you have free will and are free to step out there on that limb as you wish. But you need actual compelling evidence to convince someone else - and "evening/night is really noon" is not the compelling statement that you may have supposed it to be.

It is hard to ignore this...

"Yet with the living oracles before them, those who claim to preach the word present the suppositions of human minds, the maxims and commandments of men. They make void the law of God by their traditions. The sophistry in regard to the world’s being created in an indefinite period of time is one of Satan’s falsehoods. God speaks to the human family in language they can comprehend. He does not leave the matter so indefinite that human beings can handle it according to their theories. When the Lord declares that He made the world in six days and rested on the seventh day, He means the day of twenty-four hours, which He has marked off by the rising and setting of the sun. {TM 135.3}"​

"a day consisting of evening and morning, like every other day since that time."

"The Bible record is in harmony with itself and with the teaching of nature. Of the first day employed in the work of creation is given the record, “The evening and the morning were the first day.” Genesis 1:5. And the same in substance is said of each of the first six days of creation week. Each of these periods Inspiration declares to have been a day consisting of evening and morning, like every other day since that time. In regard to the work of creation itself the divine testimony is, “He spake, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.” Psalm 33:9. With Him who could thus call into existence unnumbered worlds, how long a time would be required for the evolution of the earth from chaos? In order to account for His works, must we do violence to His word? "(Education, page 129)​

We should jealously guard the edges of the Sabbath. Remember that every moment is consecrated, holy time. Whenever it is possible, employers should give their workers the hours from Friday noon until the beginning of the Sabbath. Give them time for preparation, that they may welcome the Lord’s day with quietness of mind. By such a course you will suffer no loss even in temporal things. {6T 356.1}

I saw it was even so, “From even unto even shall ye celebrate your Sabbath.” Said the angel, “Take the word of God, read it, understand, and ye cannot err. Read carefully, and ye shall there find what even is, and when it is.” I asked the angel if the frown of God had been upon his people for commencing the Sabbath as they have. I was directed back to the first rise of the Sabbath. I followed the people of God up to this time, and did not see that God was displeased, or frowned upon them. I inquired why it had been thus, that at this late day we must change the time of commencing the Sabbath. Said the angel, “Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet.” Said the angel, “If light comes, and that light is set aside, or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject.” I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at six o’clock, when I had only seen that it commenced at “even,” and it was inferred that even was at six. I saw the servants of God must draw together, press together. {4bSG 3.3}

Page 116, “Time to Begin the Sabbath”—For a period of about ten years Sabbathkeeping Adventists observed the Sabbath from 6 P. M. Friday to 6 P. M. Saturday. Elder Joseph Bates in his first pamphlet on the perpetuity of the Sabbath of the fourth commandment, published in 1846, had given reasons for the supposed scriptural support for the observance of the Sabbath in this way. He cited the parable of the laborers in the vineyard, the last group of which had been called at “the eleventh hour” of the day and had wrought but one hour. The reckoning was made with them “when even was come.” Matthew 20:6, 8, 12. Comparing this with Christ’s question, “are there not twelve hours in the day?” He argued that the “even” began with the twelfth hour, or six o’clock, reckoning with equatorial time or the beginning of the sacred year. Respect for his years and experience and his godly life may have been the main reasons for accepting his conclusions without further investigation. {1T 713.2}

As time passed and the message spread, an increasing number of Sabbathkeepers questioned the practice and advocated the sunset time for reckoning the beginning of the Sabbath. A thorough Bible investigation of the question was made by Elder J. N. Andrews, who wrote a paper setting forth the Biblical reasons in favor of the sunset time. This paper was introduced and discussed on Sabbath, November 17, 1855, at the Conference in Battle Creek, Michigan, with the result that nearly, but not quite, all present were convinced that Elder Andrew’s conclusion was correct. The presentation of the subject to Mrs. White in this vision, given two days later, answered the questions lingering in some minds and effected unity among the believers. Commenting on this experience, as illustrating the office of the visions to confirm conclusions based on Biblical study rather than to introduce new teachings, Elder James White wrote later: {1T 713.3}​

1. The setting of the sun begins the evening
2. the setting of the sun ends the previous day and begins the new one. That is the way that "boundaries" work.
3. The rising and setting of the sun are both addressed in Genesis 1

Gen 1:5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness He called “night.” And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

"day" is used two different ways in that vs... in the first case "the light" is day and in the second case BOTH the evening and the morning combined are day.

1. The setting of the sun begins the evening
2. the setting of the sun ends the previous day and begins the new one. That is the way that "boundaries" work.
3. The rising and setting of the sun are both addressed in Genesis 1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Sister, I agree! Adventist know that the Sabbath is the end time test of whether you obey the truth in God's word or abandon the truth for human tradition. What we did not know is that the test is not only for others, it is also a test for us because we have not learn all there is about the Sabbath in God's word. We are missing a further step of "when it is" that evening falls on the first day. Revealed was to our prophetess that we would understand "when it is" and our church has not understood a change of "when it is". Next is her inspired passage about what an angel told her we would understand in the future. To focus you on the relevant part I will ask a question. Why did the angel tell us to read carefully and there you will find "when it is" if it remains the same? We had changed "what even is" from 6 pm to sundown after 8 years, but we have not changed to this day "when it is". We still assume that evening takes place at the beginning of the day when the angel said that we would understand more in the future. I, in the future, have understood that evening takes place in the middle of the first day by being "directed back to the first rise of the Sabbath" due to the units of the 2300 year prophecy that started our church. I have understood more as the angel said!

I saw that it is even so: “From even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath.” Said the angel: “Take the word of God, read it, understand, and ye cannot err. Read carefully, and ye shall there find what even is, and when it is.” I asked the angel if the frown of God had been upon His people for commencing the Sabbath as they had. I was directed back to the first rise of the Sabbath, and followed the people of God up to this time, but did not see that the Lord was displeased, or frowned upon them. I inquired why it had been thus, that at this late day we must change the time of commencing the Sabbath. Said the angel: “Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet.” Said the angel: “If light come, and that light is set aside or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject.” I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at six o'clock, when I had only seen that it commenced at “even,” and it was inferred that even was at six. I saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together. (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, Page 116)​

Back to my question... Why didn't Yeshua teach his disciples the truth about the timing of the Sabbath, at least to the writer of Revelation, when it is critical?

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
No there isn't.
Brother, there is a lot of evidence to support what I understood in Genesis. For example, the manna story. Every day except the day before a Sabbath, collected was the manna in the "morning" and lasted until the next "morning". The day before a Sabbath, it would last past the ending "morning" of the previous day until a second day that also ends in a "morning". Clearly, a day for the manna story because of the Sabbath is from "morning" to "morning". The Sabbath begins with a "morning" with no manna found and the previous day's manna lasts beyond the end "morning" of the previous day for two days instead of one. Note that manna spoils in the morning except when the next day is a Sabbath. For the manna story, the point on the line when the preparation day crosses to the Sabbath is when it is not spoiled in the morning.

Then Moses said to them, “No one is to keep any of it until morning.” However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them. Each morning everyone gathered as much as they needed, and when the sun grew hot, it melted away. On the sixth day, they gathered twice as much—two omers for each person—and the leaders of the community came and reported this to Moses. He said to them, “This is what the Lord commanded: ‘Tomorrow is to be a day of sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.’ ” So they saved it until morning, as Moses commanded, and it did not stink or get maggots in it. “Eat it today,” Moses said, “because today is a sabbath to the Lord. You will not find any of it on the ground today. Six days you are to gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will not be any.” (Exodus 16:19-26 NIV)​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Brother, there is a lot of evidence to support what I understood in Genesis. For example, the manna story. Every day except the day before a Sabbath, collected was the manna in the "morning" and lasted until the next "morning". The day before a Sabbath, it would last past the ending "morning" of the previous day until a second day that also ends in a "morning". Clearly, a day for the manna story because of the Sabbath is from "morning" to "morning". The Sabbath begins with a "morning" with no manna found and the previous day's manna lasts beyond the end "morning" of the previous day for two days instead of one. Note that manna spoils past the morning except when the next day is a Sabbath. For the manna story, the point on the line when the preparation day crosses to the Sabbath is when it is not spoiled in the morning.

Then Moses said to them, “No one is to keep any of it until morning.” However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them. Each morning everyone gathered as much as they needed, and when the sun grew hot, it melted away. On the sixth day, they gathered twice as much—two omers for each person—and the leaders of the community came and reported this to Moses. He said to them, “This is what the Lord commanded: ‘Tomorrow is to be a day of sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.’ ” So they saved it until morning, as Moses commanded, and it did not stink or get maggots in it. “Eat it today,” Moses said, “because today is a sabbath to the Lord. You will not find any of it on the ground today. Six days you are to gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will not be any.” (Exodus 16:19-26 NIV)​

I've disproved your arguments at every turn; but you continue to grasp at straws as if you know when the Sabbath begins.

As all of your arguments lead to the same biased conclusion, that the Sabbath for all, is dictated by when the Sabbath begins in Eden (a conclusion for which you have provided no logical proof) ; and you have made it clear that you don't know the whereabouts of Eden; what you are telling us all, is that you don't know when the Sabbath begins.

Since you have indicated that you are ignorant of when the Sabbath begins; I will continue to follow the example of Yahshua, his disciples, Ellen White, those who have been practicing Judaism since the time of Messiah, and the Samaritans, who are independent of Judaism.

Maybe you're right. Maybe it's the rest of the world that is all wrong; but we claim to know when the Sabbath begins; and without knowing the the location of Eden, you have by default claimed that you don't.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I only get a longitude from the Sabbath in Israel to Eden and no latitude. I place it at 150.3 degrees West at the true International Date Line (IDL)

The God Culture presents a study as to the whereabouts of Eden. The scriptural, historical, empirical, linguistic, and archaeological, evidence are overwhelming. I would encourage anyone to take part in this study which smartly refutes your unsupported guesses of the location of Eden.

Better eat your Wheaties. This is a serious study, which will require a serious interest in learning the truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0