The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DeVos criticized teachers at D.C. school she visited — and they are not having it

Betty DeVos, the Secretary of Education (who would be unable to function as a secretary in an elementary school) put down teachers at the school in Washington, DC she recently visited (was this her first time inside a central city public school?).

DeVos claimed the teachers were "in receive mode". “They’re waiting to be told what they have to do, and that’s not going to bring success to an individual child."

How she could know that from a short, one-time visit is amazing. The teachers at Jefferson Middle School Academy were amazed as well, and posted tweets (wonder where that idea came from?) to point out the hard work, dedication and resulting successes the school has had over the past five years. The teachers pointed out several instances where they "are not waiting to be told what to do", but are creating and building programs to increase academic achievement in their students.

Know I now why Trump picked DeVos. She has the same negative, deprecating attitude as her boss. Like him she finds it easy to criticize, but let's see her come up with solutions for what she claims is wrong. I think we will be waiting a very long time.

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Know I now why Trump picked DeVos. She has the same negative, deprecating attitude as her boss. Like him she finds it easy to criticize, but let's see her come up with solutions for what she claims is wrong. I think we will be waiting a very long time.

That + her family has donated millions to Republicans & his campaign. She paid & now gets to play.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DeVos criticized teachers at D.C. school she visited — and they are not having it

Betty DeVos, the Secretary of Education (who would be unable to function as a secretary in an elementary school) put down teachers at the school in Washington, DC she recently visited (was this her first time inside a central city public school?).

DeVos claimed the teachers were "in receive mode". “They’re waiting to be told what they have to do, and that’s not going to bring success to an individual child."

How she could know that from a short, one-time visit is amazing. The teachers at Jefferson Middle School Academy were amazed as well, and posted tweets (wonder where that idea came from?) to point out the hard work, dedication and resulting successes the school has had over the past five years. The teachers pointed out several instances where they "are not waiting to be told what to do", but are creating and building programs to increase academic achievement in their students.

I have no doubt she will begin to change
when she discovers that teachers have
very little say in a child's success.

• Agree
Reactions: Martinius
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I have no doubt she will begin to change
when she discovers that teachers have
very little say in a child's success.

Teachers have had a HUGE say in my success & my sister's! We went to public schools, including 1 in the inner-city of Chicago, until our family moved to Canada. With my sister especially teachers had an enormous impact on her life! She has Asperger's & juvenile diabetes. Some people thought bc of that that my parents should homeschool her, but they sent her to school and that was totally the right decision! Teachers got her into coding when she was in elementary school! My parents didn't even know what coding was then, lol. Her music teacher called my mom & said she was gifted in music & needed to have that cultivated. That teacher gave FREE lessons during the after school program! Plus my parents got her lessons in other instruments bc she loved so many. Both of us were in the middle school band & youth orchestra. My sister got a full merit scholarship to the University of Chicago. That's one of the hardest schools to get into in the world + it's way harder to get 1 of the few merit scholarships! She's a CS major & is minoring in music. Both of those trace straight back to teachers!!! This Betsy lady doesn't have a clue about how much of a difference public schools teachers can have bc she never went to a public school or worked in 1 & never sent her kids to them.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

She's just mad the kids weren't being taught that Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs to church.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It must be that the Liberals begin to believe their own propaganda after spouting it a certain length of time. Betsy DeVos has many years of experience with education, schools, and teachers.

This thread is a good example of how the propaganda morphs until it becomes completely laughable. First it was said that she didn't have personal experience as a teacher. By the way, neither did Obama's Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan. This is a headline from that era--U.S. Secretary of Education Has No Professional Classroom Teaching Experience

The Dems confirmed him with little hesitation, of course.

After that we had that great thinker Rep. Maxine Waters go for the biggest absurdity she could think of on the spot--saying that DeVos has never been inside a classroom (!). (Readers recall that Waters was also outraged at Russia's continuing invasion of "Korea")​

Now we get *she's unable to function as a school secretary.*

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Without being killed?

I'm skeptical!

;)

Oh, I was killed. I'm a zombie now. The Walking Dead isn't a TV show, it's a documentary! #alternativefacts!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
It must be that the Liberals begin to believe their own propaganda after spouting it a certain length of time. Betsy De0Vohir eiveqt

? What type of school did you attend?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It must be that the Liberals begin to believe their own propaganda after spouting it a certain length of time.

The Conserviphere is apparently an irony free zone.

Betsy DeVos has many years of experience with education, schools, and teachers.

Spending the last 20 years trying to destroy public education on boards promoting sectarian schools is hardly "experience with education, schools and teachers".

First it was said that she didn't have personal experience as a teacher.

She doesn't. That's not a disqualification, but it's also a fact. It's also a fact that she's never sat in a public school classroom in her life. Again, not a disqualification, but still a fact.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
point out the hard work, dedication and resulting successes the school has had over the past five years.

Waiting or not doing anything. That's what they said about President Trump and he's burning up the roads. He is set to do more to help our country in 6 months than Obama did in 8 years.

As for that failing school, why give them 5 years to improve. If they fail to do better in one year, I'd be retraining teachers whose students score the worst. If that didn't work, then replacing them would.

Reactions: Deadworm
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that true? She's never been a teacher, so far as I can find. She has no education degree.

Neither do many school administrators. Not an issue unless you expect her to sit in as a substitute teacher.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Spending the last 20 years trying to destroy public education on boards promoting sectarian schools is hardly "experience with education, schools and teachers".

She doesn't. That's not a disqualification, but it's also a fact. It's also a fact that she's never sat in a public school classroom in her life. Again, not a disqualification, but still a fact.

If, by 'destroying public education', you mean she's trying to rescue students from the failure that is our public school system, more power to her. The best thing we could do for children would be to disband the NEA and privatize or have the states run the schools without federal input.

Was she home-schooled or did she attend a private school?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If, by 'destroying public education'...

No, as a proud product of public schools, both state and DoD and a public university, I have an above average command of the English language and can clearly and concisely communicate the precise concept I wish to convey. So when I wrote that she has spent 20 years trying to destroy public education I meant she has spent 20 years trying to destroy public education.

Capice?

Was she home-schooled or did she attend a private school?

As a proud product of public schools, I learned how to do my own research.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thread is a good example of how the propaganda morphs along until it becomes completely laughable. First it was said that she didn't have personal experience as a teacher.
already clarified

Upvote 0