✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
You were lucky to not have been assaulted in class by
manic students off their meds thanks to parents.
You can ask my daughter who works at juvenile detention
how easy it is to learn there. My wife often knows the
family tree. One kid can destroy the learning environment
for 20 others.

I'm lucky too bc the education I'm getting now will help me to build a great career so that in the future my husband & my dad won't be airing complaints about my job on internet forums.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm lucky too bc the education I'm getting now will help me to build a great career so that in the future my husband & my dad won't be airing complaints about my job on internet forums.

I don't see how keeping silent about a childs conduct would help anyone.
Today the school principal took over control of one 7 y.o. child by holding his arms over his head, face to the wall in a corner and holding his kicking legs still with one knee. After 10 minutes or so she had him cleaning up the soda he had splayed across her desk and all her papers with a tub of wet wipes. He still said he was going to hit her face hard enough, she'd be dead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Uh, detention facilities are for those who have consistently broken the rules. Of course there is a problem where the trouble makers have been concentrated.

Today, that would be the schools. Detention is only for the kids who have killed somebody or tried to. But there is no problem there. They have individual rooms for each kid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It is very simple: education has become a commodity to be traded, sold and marketed by qualification.

And still it has lost all quality. To address a few points, not in particular order.

"The average cost of a new textbooks is $68, according to the National Association of College Stores, and many titles easily top the $200 mark."
Is This the Solution to Crazy High Textbook Prices?
$68 x 5 subjects needing books x 15 students per class = $5100 just for one small group for one year.

Only the teachers should have full textbooks, to teach from. Students should have workbooks, unless they do all their work on computers and smart phones. Either cuts costs by a large percentage.

Training, worth the cost, but some people just are not teacher material. They need to be found and persuaded to follow another career path.

New buildings, not necessary. Safe buildings, yes. Most of the main buildings in the schools I attended were over 50 years old, and that was several decades ago. Equipment, especially, needs to be in good condition, but not new. The atmosphere is made by those eager to improve themselves, not by the surroundings. Note where Rocky always chose to train. Where he could get down to basics.

Social order. One of the enemies of education. What causes the most problems, as far as behavior in classrooms? Students showing off for each other. Begin by isolating any such influences. Send them to another class, a different grade or another school, and if all else fails, expel them.

Parents should not only be allowed, but encouraged to spend time in their children's classes, or even other classes taught by their children's teachers. It would be nice to see a parent or three in classrooms at least a few times a week.

The biggest thing is get federal guidelines out of schools. Local teachers and parents should decide the curriculum, not DC.

Upvote 0