Visit site
✟877,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
William Miller's study of Scripture led him to a number of proofs for his view that Jesus would come in 1843.

His lectures expound on these proofs at length

This version is taken from an 1844 book called An Original History of the Religious Denominations at Present Existing in the United States, compiled by I. Daniel Rupp (available at Google Books; see link below). Miller's 15 proofs (which had originally been published in tract form) appear on pages 681-691, in the section entitled "Second Advent Believers," by N. Southard, editor of the Millerite publication The Midnight Cry.

After each proof a source is given from Miller's writings that allows the reader to delve further into that particular proof.

Proof 1:

I. I prove it by the time given by Moses, in the 26th chapter of Leviticus, being seven times that the people of God are to be in bondage to the kingdoms of this world; or in Babylon, literal and mystical; which seven times cannot be understood less than seven times 360 revolutions of earth in its orbit, making 2520 years. I believe this began according to Jeremiah xv. 4, "And I will cause them to be removed into all kingdoms of the earth, because of Manasseh, the son of Hezekiah, king of Judah, for that which he did in Jerusalem," and Isa. vii. 8, "For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Resin: and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people,"--when Manasseh was carried captive to Babylon, and Israel was no more a nation,--see chronology, 2 Chron. xxxiii. 9, "So Manasseh made Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem to err, and to do worse than the heathen, whom the Lord had destroyed before the children of Israel,"--the 677th year B. C. Then take 677 out of 2520, leaves A. D. 1843, when the punishment of the people of God will end. (See Miller's Lectures, p. 251.)

Upvote 0

JesusYeshuaisLord

Jun 7, 2018
Auckland
✟15,257.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Deuteronomy 18

So, in light of the above:

Do you think God gave Miller the message that Jesus was coming to earth in 1843?

------------------------------------
This original post was edited 6/8/2018 to give more history on the topic, and to make plain that Miller did not consider himself to be inspired. The first replies were to a version of the OP that did not include that information.

He definitely should have remembered what Jesus said about no one knowing the time. I also love that Jesus adds "not even the son of God knows" that tells you that any spirit telling someone a certain date for his return is not having messages from the right spirit!

Now was Miller a true believer? Even Jesus addressed Peter with a "get behind me Satan" so I guess God only knows (I haven't read much about Millier to know his works)...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Oh the ministers in Miller's time DID prove their point with the Scriptures alone. You know, "no man knows the day or the hour", "The Son of Man comes at an hour you know not," "about dates and times you have no need for me to write to you", etc.

And of course, it didn't happen. Which means according to Deuteronomy 18, it was not a true prophecy.

Now, the irony here is that you are criticizing others for not going by the Bible alone--while endorsing an inspired author apart from the Bible.

Now tall, that is not true at all. You have already been provided background to these events. Did they preach the day and the hour in 1843? It was a bible study of the scriptures. Was the application correct? No obviously it was not. Was the application corrected? Yes I believe it to be so.

The application was not correct or the calculations leading to 1843. At this time neither did they have and days or hours in mind. These uncorrected calculations pointed to the feast of trumpets and the corrected calculations pointed to the Day of Atonement. Already demonstrated through the scriptures.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
He definitely should have remembered what Jesus said about no one knowing the time. I also love that Jesus adds "not even the son of God knows" that tells you that any spirit telling someone a certain date for his return is not having messages from the right spirit!

Now was Miller a true believer? Even Jesus addressed Peter with a "get behind me Satan" so I guess God only knows (I haven't read much about Millier to know his works)...

He did get the application wrong. The calculations however were correct and as God wanted so as to fulfill Leviticus 23:24-27.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
For those wondering what this chart is Ellen White mentioned, it is referring to the chart the Millerites made up showing the prophecies which pointed (to their minds) to Jesus coming in 1843:

I have seen that the 1843 chart was directed by the hand of the Lord--Ellen White, Early Writings, page 74

Goodness, your continuing to take EGW statements out of context and apply a false interpretation to what they are saying this is a shame to you.

The way you have written this is to say that this statement above is in reference to the 2nd coming and God wanted to decieve everyone.

Here is the context provided below and what you left out of your statement and interpretation added to it...

"I have seen that the 1843 chart was directed by the hand of the Lord, and that it should not be altered; that the figures were as He wanted them; that His hand was over and hid a mistake in some of the figures, so that none could see it, until His hand was removed."

This applied to the chart used during the 1843 movement, and has special reference to the calculation of the prophetic periods as it appeared on that chart. The next sentence explains that there was an inaccuracy which in the providence of God was suffered to exist. But this does not preclude the publication of a chart subsequently which would correct the mistake, after the 1843 movement was past, and the calculation as then made had served its purpose.

What did the 1843 movement represent?

Types and Anti-types

There were seven festivals in total. (See * Leviticus 23)

type-antitypeALL.jpg

The last three ceremonial feasts which included the Feast of Trumpets, the Day of Atonement, and the feast of Tabernacles all point towards 1843, 1844, and the Day of Judgment respectively.

Trumpets in the Bible are used to symbolize loud warnings or cries that have to do with judgment (Exodus 19:13;16; Lev 25:9). This was fulfilled when William Miller warned the world about the coming of the Lord from 1833 to 1843.

In the Levitical annual festivals 10 days prior to the Day of Atonement and the Cleansing of the Sanctuary commenced the Feast of Trumpets. This was a solemn occasion that was to prepare God's people for the Day of Atonment where trumpets were to be blown each day for 10 days at the sin offereings.

LEVITICUS 23:24-27
[24], Speak to the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall you have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation. [25], You shall do no servile work therein: but you shall offer an offering made by fire to the LORD. [26], And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, [27], Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation to you; and you shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire to the LORD.

10 Years 1833 to 1844 (10 Days/Years of Blowing of trumpets)

Miller first published series of articles on his prophecy findings locally on the May 15th 1832. In following summer of 1833 due to responses from these articles Miller writes;

"One Saturday after breakfast, in the summer of 1833, I sat down at my desk to examine some point; and as I arose to go out to work, it came home to me with more force than ever, "Go and tell it to the world." The impression was so sudden, and came with such force, that I settled down into my chair, saying, I can't go, Lord. "Why not?" seemed to be the response; and then all my excuses came up, my want of ability, etc.; but my distress became
so great, I entered into a solemn covenant with God, that if he would open the way, I would go and perform my duty to the world. "What do you mean by opening the way?" seemed to come to me.

Why, said I, if I should have an invitation to speak publicly in any place, I will go and tell them what I find in the Bible about the Lord's coming. Instantly all my burden was gone; and I rejoiced that I should not probably be thus called upon; for I had never had
such an invitation

In about half an hour from this time, before I had left the room, a son of Mr. Guilford, of Dresden, about sixteen miles from my residence, came in and said that his father had sent for me, and wished me to go home with him. Supposing that he wished to see me on some business, I asked him what he wanted? He replied that there was to be no preaching in their church the next day, and his father wished to have me come and talk to the people on the
subject of the Lord's coming."
(William Millers apology and defence 1845 p 18-19)

Just as the trumpets in the bible are used to symbolise warnings 10 years/days prior to the fulfillment of Daniel 8:14's 2300 year/day prophecy in 1844 just like in the type where the trumpets were blown 10 days prior to the Day of Atonement, The message of the 1st Angels message (Revelations 14:6) and Christs immenant coming became a world-wide message and movement at the time.

Trumpet message was a world-wide message across many churches...

"In the type the trumpets were blown throughout Israel, warning all of the near approach of the solemn day of atonement. In the antitype we should expect some world-wide message to be given in trumpet tones, announcing the time near when the great antitypical day of atonement, the investigative judgment would convene in the heavens. Beginning with the years 1833-34 and extending down to 1844, such a message was given to the world in trumpet tones, announcing, "The hour of His judgment is come.

"William Miller and others, in their study of the declaration in Dam 8:14, "Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed," found that this long prophetic
period would end in 1844. They failed to connect this text with the ancient typical sanctuary, but applied the term "sanctuary" to this earth, and taught that in 1844 Christ would come to the earth to cleanse it and judge the people.

William Miller was joined by hundreds of other ministers in America, who proclaimed his message with great power. Edward Irving, with many other consecrated men, preached the
205 same in England; while Joseph Wolff and others heralded it in Asia and other portions of the world. During the ten years preceding the tenth day of the seventh month (Jewish time) in 1844, every civilized nation on the earth heard in trumpet tones the announcement of the message of Rev.14: 6, 7, "The hour of His judgment is come."

This message was due at this period of the world's history. Paul in his day preached of a "judgment to come," but the burden of the message given during these years was, "the hour of His judgment is come."

The fact that the men who proclaimed this message misunderstood the full import of it, did not prevent their fulfilling the antitype of the ancient type.

When the followers of Christ cried before Him, "Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord," and spread palm branches in the way, believing that Jesus was entering Jerusalem to take the earthly kingdom, they fulfilled the prophecy of Zech. 9: 9.

If they had known that in a few days their Lord would hang upon the accursed tree, they could not have fulfilled the prophecy; for it would have been impossible for them to "rejoice greatly." In like manner the message due to the world between 1834 and 1844 could never have been given with the power and joyfulness demanded to fulfil the antitype, if those giving it had understood that the Saviour, instead of coming to this earth, was to enter the most holy apartment of the heavenly sanctuary, and begin the work of the investigative judgment.

God hid from their eyes the fact that there were two other messages to be given to the world before the Lord should come to the earth in power and glory (Rev 14:6-14)"
* The Cross and its Shadow; SN Haskell p. 120-122

The quote you provided above sounds a bit different once the context has been provided doesn't it?

The was a reason the calculations were hidden by the hand of God in the 1843 chart as stated from the EGW statement you provided.

"I have seen that the 1843 chart was directed by the hand of the Lord, and that it should not be altered; that the figures were as He wanted them; that His hand was over and hid a mistake in some of the figures, so that none could see it, until His hand was removed."

The 1833 to 1843 movement was for the fulfillment of the type of the Feast of Trumpets.

Based on the 2300-day prophecy, he predicted the world would end as Daniel 8:14 says, “then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.” When this date did not materialize, it was realized that they had miscalculated the BC/AD switch, as they realized there was no ‘0’ year.

The dates were then recalculated and it was realized that this prophecy pointed towards 1844, not 1843. Again the message of judgment went to the world. When this date also did not materialize, most followers of the message fell away, but a few remained and through diligent study, they were lead to recognize that the prophecy points towards the heavenly sanctuary, where Jesus is our High Priest in the tabernacle that the Lord pitched (Hebrews 8:1-2).

William Miller got the date right but the event wrong. The Day of Atonement was not pointing towards anything on Earth, but rather to the cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary in 1844. The last ceremonial feast—the feast of Tabernacles—points towards Jesus return, when He comes to fetch His children.

Your quote is taken out of context and you have applied a false interpretation to what it is saying.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, that should definitely give one a hint!

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now tall, that is not true at all. You have already been provided background to these events. Did they preach the day and the hour in 1843? It was a bible study of the scriptures. Was the application correct? No obviously it was not. Was the application corrected? Yes I believe it to be so.

Of course it is not limited to the day and hour. He comes at a time you know not, and about times and dates nothing needs to be written because He will come as a thief.

And as you know, having been provided background to these events, they did settle on a specific date eventually of Oct. 22, 1844.

But Ellen White said that Miller was in the preaching of time in 1843--and the figures were just as God wanted. And even Adventists don't consider 1843 to be the right time.

She said God designed the chart. The chart included Jesus' coming.

She said that God designed to test them and that they meet with disappointment.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The application was not correct or the calculations leading to 1843.

Agreed, none of it was correct. And yet she says God designed the chart with all of it, and it was as He wanted.

These uncorrected calculations pointed to the feast of trumpets and the corrected calculations pointed to the Day of Atonement. Already demonstrated through the scriptures.

It is not demonstrated at all that the fulfilling of the angel's messages is accomplished by a completely false message that went directly against God's warnings about date setting.

Jesus did not come in 1843. Therefore that message was false, and not of the Lord.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But Ellen White said that Miller was in the preaching of time in 1843--and the figures were just as God wanted. And even Adventists don't consider 1843 to be the right time.

She said God designed the chart. The chart included Jesus' coming.

She said that God designed to test them and that they meet with disappointment.

Read the context you left out in post #45 linked.

It was a correct qotation. The context you left out of the quote as well as the interpretation you put on the quote was not correct.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Agreed, none of it was correct. And yet she says God designed the chart with all of it, and it was as He wanted.

It is not demonstrated at all that the fulfilling of the angel's messages is accomplished by a completely false message that went directly against God's warnings about date setting.

Jesus did not come in 1843. Therefore that message was false, and not of the Lord.

Read the context you left out in post #45 linked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

"DITTO".

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Goodness, your continuing to take EGW statements out of context and apply a false interpretation to what they are saying this is a shame to you.

I put the whole quote earlier in the thread, and even linked to the context. And anyone who reads it will see quite clearly she indicates that God was in the preaching of time in 1843.

The way you have written this is to say that this statement above is in reference to the 2nd coming and God wanted to decieve everyone.

Because his message WAS the second coming in 1843--that was the message given.

And of course, I am not distorting this at all:

I saw the people of God joyful in expectation, looking for their Lord. But God designed to prove them. His hand covered a mistake in the reckoning of the prophetic periods. Those who were looking for their Lord did not discover this mistake, and the most learned men who opposed the time also failed to see it. God designed that His people should meet with a disappointment.

She plainly says God designed that they meet with a disappointment.

Here is the context provided below and what you left out of your statement and interpretation added to it...

Already quoted in full, and even showed the chart! And linked to where they can read the context.

This applied to the chart used during the 1843 movement, and has special reference to the calculation of the prophetic periods as it appeared on that chart. The next sentence explains that there was an inaccuracy which in the providence of God was suffered to exist.

Not suffered to exist. And I see you are again quoting the statement in the footnote that tried to explain away what she said when they re-released the material.

She did not say He suffered to exist. She said He designed it. And that He hid the mistake so no one could see it.

BookReaderImages.php

Here is the page from the actual book, from Archive.org. The part you quoted is from the footnote. It is not part of the text.

Early writings of Mrs White : White, Ellen Gould Harmon, 1827-1915 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He did get the application wrong. The calculations however were correct and as God wanted so as to fulfill Leviticus 23:24-27.

So Leviticus 23 says that God will inspire Miller to give a false message about Jesus' coming in 1843, that goes against Jesus' and Paul's own words?

No, I don't think so. And clearly neither do others, because the Seventh-day Adventists were the only ones who came up with this to save face.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I put the whole quote earlier in the thread, and even linked to the context. And anyone who reads it will see quite clearly she indicates that God was in the preaching of time in 1843.

Because his message WAS the second coming in 1843--that was the message given.

And of course, I am not distorting this at all:

I saw the people of God joyful in expectation, looking for their Lord. But God designed to prove them. His hand covered a mistake in the reckoning of the prophetic periods. Those who were looking for their Lord did not discover this mistake, and the most learned men who opposed the time also failed to see it. God designed that His people should meet with a disappointment.

She plainly says God designed that they meet with a disappointment.

Already quoted in full, and even showed the chart! And linked to where they can read the context.

Not suffered to exist. And I see you are again quoting the statement in the footnote that tried to explain away what she said when they re-released the material.

She did not say He suffered to exist. She said He designed it. And that He hid the mistake so no one could see it.

BookReaderImages.php

Here is the page from the actual book, from Archive.org. The part you quoted is from the footnote. It is not part of the text.

Early writings of Mrs White : White, Ellen Gould Harmon, 1827-1915 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
This is what you posted earlier...
tall73 said:
For those wondering what this chart is Ellen White mentioned, it is referring to the chart the Millerites made up showing the prophecies which pointed (to their minds) to Jesus coming in 1843:

I have seen that the 1843 chart was directed by the hand of the Lord--Ellen White, Early Writings, page 74

* Please address post # 45 and the context you left out linked.

You keep applying the EGW statement as saying it is referring to the 2nd coming yet when you read the context of the passage it is not.

It is talking about the calculations.

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The quote you provided above sounds a bit different once the context has been provided doesn't it?
Of course by context you mean quotes from a different book to try and explain it.

No, it sounds no different. She still said God intended them to be disappointed. And Miller's message, which was false, was still that Jesus would come in 1843.

But Ellen White says that God judged people who rejected that message based on its time-setting. And they should have rejected it.

Miller ignored the warnings against time setting and his prediction was false.

The was a reason the calculations were hidden by the hand of God in the 1843 chart as stated from the EGW statement you provided.

The 1833 to 1843 movement was for the fulfillment of the type of the Feast of Trumpets.

Yes, we get it, according to you God designed twice for them to be deceived about a false message of Jesus' coming to earth in 1843, then judged all of the people who actually followed the Bible by rejecting this time-setting. And when it did not come to pass and some others then rejected it, she also says they were condemned by God for following Deut. 18 and rejecting something that failed to happen.

Based on the 2300-day prophecy, he predicted the world would end as Daniel 8:14 says, “then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.” When this date did not materialize, it was realized that they had miscalculated the BC/AD switch, as they realized there was no ‘0’ year.
Yes, but you can't blame Miller! Ellen says God hid it so that they couldn't see it.

The dates were then recalculated and it was realized that this prophecy pointed towards 1844, not 1843. Again the message of judgment went to the world. When this date also did not materialize, most followers of the message fell away,
As well they should have as now Miller's message had not only gone against the Scriptures in time setting, but had also failed to happen.

It was doubly condemned by Scriptures.

but a few remained and through diligent study, they were lead to recognize that the prophecy points towards the heavenly sanctuary, where Jesus is our High Priest in the tabernacle that the Lord pitched (Hebrews 8:1-2).

The fact that they had not before realized that there is a heavenly sanctuary is a bit problematic.

William Miller got the date right but the event wrong.

No, he got everything wrong. Jesus did not come in 1843.

The Day of Atonement was not pointing towards anything on Earth, but rather to the cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary in 1844. The last ceremonial feast—the feast of Tabernacles—points towards Jesus return, when He comes to fetch His children.

Your quote is taken out of context and you have applied a false interpretation to what it is saying.

Hope this helps.

It is not taken out of context at all. In fact, you just said that it was designed that way as well. Of course, his message was that Jesus was coming in 1843. And that was a false message.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Of course by context you mean quotes from a different book to try and explain it.

No, it sounds no different. She still said God intended them to be disappointed. And Miller's message, which was false, was still that Jesus would come in 1843.

But Ellen White says that God judged people who rejected that message based on its time-setting. And they should have rejected it.

Miller ignored the warnings against time setting and his prediction was false.

Yes, we get it, according to you God designed twice for them to be deceived about a false message of Jesus' coming to earth in 1843, then judged all of the people who actually followed the Bible by rejecting this time-setting. And when it did not come to pass and some others then rejected it, she also says they were condemned by God for following Deut. 18 and rejecting something that failed to happen.

Yes, but you can't blame Miller! Ellen says God hid it so that they couldn't see it.

As well they should have as now Miller's message had not only gone against the Scriptures in time setting, but had also failed to happen.

It was doubly condemned by Scriptures.

The fact that they had not before realized that there is a heavenly sanctuary is a bit problematic.

No, he got everything wrong. Jesus did not come in 1843.

It is not taken out of context at all. In fact, you just said that it was designed that way as well. Of course, his message was that Jesus was coming in 1843. And that was a false message.

Nope..

You keep applying the EGW statement as saying it is referring to the 2nd coming yet when you read the context of the passage it is not.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is what you posted earlier...

Thanks

I quoted it earlier in the thread.

And of course she meant the second coming. That was the test, according to Ellen White:

According to her God designed that they meet with a disappointment. And according to her those who rejected the message did so because they didn't love Jesus' coming.

The message was Jesus coming in 1843. There was no other message given.

And that message was a false message, and a date setting message. They were right to reject it.

And they were even more right to reject it after it already failed.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I quoted it earlier in the thread.

And of course she meant the second coming. That was the test, according to Ellen White:

According to her God designed that they meet with a disappointment. And according to her those who rejected the message did so because they didn't love Jesus' coming.

The message was Jesus coming in 1843. There was no other message given.

And that message was a false message, and a date setting message. They were right to reject it.

And they were even more right to reject it after it already failed.

As said earlier it is not the quote that is the problem it is your application of it to the 2nd coming. The EGW quote you provided to try and starte that EGW was agreeing to the charts reference to the 2nd coming was not true.

The application was to the calcualtions.

Thanks

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As said earlier it is not the quote that is the problem it is your application of it to the 2nd coming. The EGW quote you provided to try and starte that EGW was agreeing to the charts reference to the 2nd coming was not true.

The application was to the calcualtions.

Thanks

What was the disappointment He intended LGW?

It is rather simple. It was that the message of Jesus coming in 1843--the whole point of the chart--was not true.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does Ellen White say that the ministers objected to?

Many shepherds of the flock, who professed to love Jesus, said that they had no opposition to the preaching of Christ's coming, but they objected to the definite time. God's all-seeing eye read their hearts. They did not love Jesus near.

The message was Jesus' coming. They objected to the definite time (and were right to do so).

She accuses them of having wrong hearts and not loving Jesus. Why? Because she says they did not love Jesus near......His second coming.

The message was Jesus was coming in 1843. There is no dispute from anywhere that this was Miller's message. And there is not one doubt that Miller's message was false. Jesus did not come to the earth in 1843.

They were right to reject it.

Upvote 0