✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
You are welcome :)
Wow, cancer. Glad that was taken care of. Maybe a spasm now and then isn't such a bad thing? I mean at least it came as a result of having your life saved. I just pray you feel better tomorrow for work.

I will add one thing to what I wrote about my experience, came back to edit in: there were some blessings in what I went through, God seems to always bring good out of bad :)

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Ahh tumor, don’t know how I read cancer into it… must be because I was staring at the boobtube a little too much earlier lol watching clone wars, love the 3D art/animation. Heh *runs off to wash face*

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pain sucks.

I must be having sympathy pains, cause yesterday I pulled some muscles in my back while washing my car. I didn't think anything of it till I woke up in the middle of the night in absolute agony. My back is still stiff and tight today, but I'm trying to move as gently as I can!

Good luck at work, D. Go home if you need to!

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well, that didn't last long :( I went to work and they took one look at me and told me I needed to go to the doctor. I went and he said that I need to stay flat on my back with an ice pack (15 minutes on every hour) for today. He said that sitting is the absolute wrong thing to do...so now I'm home, laying in my bed with ice on my back.

I'm really to young for this :sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I didn't think they'd let you last long at work. Glad you went to the doctor. :)
Yeah...I just hate missing a day at work. I don't want to disappoint my co-workers or my boss and I worry about doing that :( Plus to much time alone at home feeling bad lets my emotions run away with me and I start over analyzing everything and end up thinking I'm a horrible person and a pain in the butt for everyone. :sorry: I'm weird, I know...but that's the truth :sorry:

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Pain sucks.

I must be having sympathy pains, cause yesterday I pulled some muscles in my back while washing my car. I didn't think anything of it till I woke up in the middle of the night in absolute agony. My back is still stiff and tight today, but I'm trying to move as gently as I can!

Good luck at work, D. Go home if you need to!
I'm sorry :hug: I wish you could go home and lay down too :hug:

Back pain really stinks. It's like a headache. When you have a really bad headache or something really bad with your back - it seems to affect your whole body :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, that didn't last long :( I went to work and they took one look at me and told me I needed to go to the doctor. I went and he said that I need to stay flat on my back with an ice pack (15 minutes on every hour) for today. He said that sitting is the absolute wrong thing to do...so now I'm home, laying in my bed with ice on my back.

I'm really to young for this :sigh:
Someone told me recently, it's the old age of youth. Yep, probably truth in that. But in any case, no one likes to be bundled up and held down, well maybe for babies that seem to love being bundled. But, better than being in severe pain all day, best they sent you home :) Nice to have employers that actually have something inside them that seems sorta human.

Upvote 0

GuacaMolly

Nov 1, 2007
Dallas
✟10,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah...I just hate missing a day at work. I don't want to disappoint my co-workers or my boss and I worry about doing that :( Plus to much time alone at home feeling bad lets my emotions run away with me and I start over analyzing everything and end up thinking I'm a horrible person and a pain in the butt for everyone. :sorry: I'm weird, I know...but that's the truth :sorry:

You're not weird, I totally know how that feels. :hug: Just remind yourself of the awesome job you do for them day in and day out, how everyone has to be home sick once in a while, and how they saw you themselves and sent you home, so they know just how badly you're hurting.

Chances are, they know you're a trooper, so don't let that over-analyzation convince you otherwise!! :)

Upvote 0