wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for me. I want Jesus so badly. I really need him, and I really want to pray and I am finding it so hard. I have been hurt so much by so many people lately, and I feel as if I have no confidence. I want to be a good mother, and kind to everyone, and I keep feeing as if I am getting everything wrong. Please pray for me to connect with Jesus. I am trying to worship and finding it so hard to connect with him properly. Thank you.

Reactions: Aviela

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is the prayer forum and not the Christian advice forum, but I sense that you are not just 'at sea' over things in general, but you don't feel that you know HOW to pray. If that's so, I'd say to step back, clear your mind of all prescribed prayers and terminology, and just start talking to God. We feel at times as though that's too humble, or even disrespectful; but Jesus taught that Our Father's waiting to hear from us as a parent does with his children, so I'd encourage you to "just do it." :)

Upvote 0

Aviela

Bubbles
Aug 22, 2013
✟32,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please pray for me. I want Jesus so badly. I really need him, and I really want to pray and I am finding it so hard. I have been hurt so much by so many people lately, and I feel as if I have no confidence. I want to be a good mother, and kind to everyone, and I keep feeing as if I am getting everything wrong. Please pray for me to connect with Jesus. I am trying to worship and finding it so hard to connect with him properly. Thank you.

Hi Maharg, sorry to hear of your struggles. I feel for you. It can be hard when the world seems to be so hard and difficult.
Dear Father thank you for Maharg and how she and us as believers are important to you. Please be with her and comfort her. May she find people who can encourage her and help her to feel uplifted. May we all feel your presence and know you love us. May we not only know your love for us but also be able to continually feel your presence in these hard times day and night as we encounter the many things that attempt to 'drag us down'. Father thank you for the things you are doing in our lives and the things we are not yet aware of. Help us not to lose hope or sight of what truly is important and when we feel alone...help really know you are there and you are on our side. May you help us do your will and know we will be supported in this endevour. Be with us Father.. In Jesus name amen.

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Try writing Jesus a letter. Sometimes putting things in writing helps you to think about what you're trying to say. The best part is that you can leave it and come back later to rework it or add more. Once you're finished, you can store it and come back sometime later and reread it and think back about how He answered you.

Reactions: eleyah
Upvote 0

Verdure

Sheep
Jul 21, 2015
✟8,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Going along the lines of what Albion said, maybe try to put your mind in the mindset of a kid talking to her friend or her parent. We are part of God's family. God already knows what he think and want, so don't be afraid to talk to Him! He's like that sympathetic fiend who can sense how you're really feeling, what you're really thinking, except He's much kinder and much more attentive, since He's always by your side!

I suggest not limiting prayer to one place. Wherever you are, whenever you feel in need of Jesus, try to briefly close your eyes (if you can!) so that you can block all the visual stimuli and focus on Him. Pray for strength and His Presence, and when you open your eyes, you might better feel His Presence! I hope something I said here helps!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Bless yer heart, praying (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Maharg

wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone thank you so much for praying. I have had an amazing couple of days filled with answered prayer and opportunity to minister to others and have started to be able to pray again. I feel completely different.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone thank you so much for praying. I have had an amazing couple of days filled with answered prayer and opportunity to minister to others and have started to be able to pray again. I feel completely different.
Praise God ~ may He continue to bless you :crossrc:

Reactions: RitaKay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,933.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If I may comment along with my prayers... It is a good thing to be desperate for God. If our world was more desperate for God it would be a better place!

Father I pray that more of us would be desperate for God in Jesus name I pray.

Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 1:15PM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.

Upvote 0

LoveJesusAndLive

Aug 1, 2015
✟15,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amen.. see that.. He definitely hears you and He won't let you down. Gosh I have been through a lot in this life and there really is only one thing I know I can always count on and that is Jesus. For sure. But you know, we get into relationships with other people who don't necessarily share our faith, sometimes are rather outspoken about it too.. and that can really really drag you down.. but just keep rolling keep faith, He'll be there, He'll make a way for you.. really. faith faith faith.

Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said that those who are thirsty, will receive freely from the water of life. If you really hunger after God, he will satisfy that hunger, and you will know it. Forget about the people who hurt you, because God can heal you from that hurt. Do not try to figure out how, he can and will do it, if you ask him to and believe. Try not to be too open to people, but be cautious who your friends are. Do not trust people, but love them. Trust God only! We are commanded to love people, not trust them, and we are commanded to love God and people. Open yourself completely to God, not to people. God is perfect but people are not, and they make mistakes. Therefore, do not be open to everyone, be cautious. It is possible, that your get hurt, when you open your heart to people, you should not have done it, on the first place.

Upvote 0