• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

dermatographism?

Coconut12

Oct 20, 2005
Rosslyn, VA
✟15,515.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi- i have dermatographism--- at first I was diagnosed with chronic hives but now they say it's this. Dermatographism basically just makes my skin turn red and really itchy if it's touched (like lightly scratched or bumped). it's really annoying- I take Zyrtec everyday to deal with the itchiness but the scratches still show up. Anyone else have this? What do you do/ take for it?

ronoroa.zoro8

Dec 10, 2010
✟15,115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dermatographism means the ability to write on the skin. People with this type of chronic hives is sensitive to touch and pressure and abrasion. Skin areas, which are processed, or scratched, raised, red rash and itching. While many people with chronic urticaria have some characteristics dermatographism, people really dermatographism is under pressure to perform only their symptoms.

Upvote 0