• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Depression Tips and Scripture, too

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
scripture0066420_zps6557dad3.jpg

Upvote 0

Dales

Mar 13, 2013
✟15,120.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Ruth,
Great tips to overcome depression and like to add, talk with your family and mates and discuss your problems with them. Workout regularly and watch you eat. Accept the things you cannot change and practice giving back. Avoid alcohol, smoking and caffeine and have proper sleep.

Upvote 0

NatethaGreat

Mar 17, 2013
✟8,083.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
thinking about the present not the past or future, be aware of every breath i take helps me do this.

letting thoughts come into my mind naturally weather they are good or bad, and then thinking weather or not i agree with them. If a bad memory pops into my head of the past don't resist it or it will find a way out and it will make you suffer more from it.

instead of trying to ignore the thought i let it freely come into my head then justify it

Accept reality for what it is, do not resist suffering or it will make it worse and deal with the best way possible. Be real and true to yourself don't hide the bad/weak things accept that they exist but deal with them and turn them into strengths.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I have chronic conditions so I do have relapses. They make me feel depressed and other symptoms of my illnesses. I try to not forget to take my meds and to pray to Jesus for guidance and try to be upbeat as much as I can to make myself feel better. I also try to help others if I can and that gives me satisfaction that I reached out to someone who is reaching out and suffering.

Upvote 0

redeemedbygrace24

Jan 1, 2013
✟9,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for being so honest. I believe that you helping others is contributing greatly to your healing. Its nice to see this topic being discussed so openly because its such an oppressive thing.

I've learned to identify triggers in my life. Taking it one day at a time really helps

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums