• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Depression Tips and Scripture, too

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Individuals and families in crisis are often able to find hope and comfort in religious scriptures.

Psalm 46:1-3 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble with its tumult.”

Psalm 57:1
“Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, until the destroying storms pass by.”
Psalm 91 Assurance of God’s Protection
Psalm 121 Assurance of God’s Protection

Psalm 139: 7-12
“Where can I go from your spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascent to heaven, you are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there. If I take the wings of the morning and settle at the farthest limits of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me fast. If I say, ‘Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light around me become night,’ even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is as bright as the day, for darkness is as light to you.”

Jeremiah 29:11
“For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.”

Isaiah 40:28-31
“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and strengthens the powerless. Even youths will faint and be weary, and the young will fall exhausted; but those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings of eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.”

Isaiah 41:10
“…do not fear, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.”

Isaiah 43: 1-2
“Thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.”

Matthew 11:28-30
“Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Luke 6:20-22
“Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you will be filled. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh.”

John 14:27
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid.”

Romans 8:24-26
“In hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what is seen? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words.”

Romans 8:38,29
“For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

1 Corinthians 12:24-26
“God has so arranged the body, giving the greater honor to the inferior member, that there may be no dissension within the body, but the members may have the same care for one another. If one member suffers, all suffer together with it.”

Galatians 6:2
“Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”

Colossians 1:11-14
“May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from his glorious power, and may you be prepared to endure everything with patience, while joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has enabled you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has rescued us from the power of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Hebrews 13:5
“…God has said, “I will never leave you or forsake you.”

1 John 4:16b,18a
“God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in the. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.”

Compiled by Susan Gregg-Schroeder. http://www.shadowvoices.com/topics/link www.mentalhealthministries.net Scripture taken from the New Revised Standard Version.

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
s4.jpg

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Depression has a way of making us think that gods mad at us, punishing us, or doesn't like us

It's total mental lies

God loves us like crazy and is totally on our side and wants us to be happy, and bad moods always pass, even for chronic depression...so hang in there and remind your self how loved you are, and look for the blessings in your life. Don't over look anything, every blessing is a blessing and when you see they come from God because he loves you, especially blessings during depression, like a pleasant email or hamburger, he's trying to cheer you up!
Hang in there everything's going to be okay :hug:
:clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When depression strikes it helps to accept the fact that we are depressed and then lovingly begin to put God's promises into the dark spaces of our depression so over time we rebuild our depressive times with The Good News of The Gospel.:thumbsup:

Where instead of nobody caring about us God always cares about us.
Where instead of never getting better, God will get us through it.
Where instead of being alone and forsaken, God is ever beside us.
Where instead of not being good, we are the beloved of the Father.
Where instead of negativity rules, God's promises get us through.
Where instead of hopelessness, hope in God keeps us above water.
Where instead of hearing the lies of depression, we hear the truth of God's love.
Where instead we feel better of dead, life with Christ still blesses us and others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.