• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Depressed and wants out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elle_For_Short

Feb 6, 2006
California
✟738.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey, My name is Michelle and I'm 18. well I have been depressed for a little over a year now. I've been depressed before, but this recent one has been the most difficult. I want to overcome it, I just don't know how. I didn't get into college, and I got some recent news about my health from my doctor. That combined with a few other things I rather not talk about have made me really sad. i've been wanting to be left alone, ignored my friends, stopped doing what I like, and lost the desire to go to school. See I want to, but i'm a bit scared and a bit "if only this, i'd be happier," "if I'd only done this instead of this i's be happier,' etc. I don't know if any of you ever felt hopeless and felt like nothing in your life would ever go right unless you submit yourself to God? I feel like that. I just don't know what to do. I also have gotten really irritable. Please pray for me.:help:

One more thing, I haven't been to church for a while in and out for alot of ears although my dad preaches and my mom loves God. My sister and me have are different reasons why we don't go to the church we grew up in. There have been three divisions in that church as well. Plus since we've left the church on and off, we've been going to different churches different denominations on and off. Maybe this is a BIG reason why I am not happy. I miss going to church, but I have gone to some super modern churches ans some super conservative churches and for me I just need something that is just right. I just probably haven't looked good enough.

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Michelle :hug: !! i hope you feel like you can share after you get use to us. it sounds like you see some of the things that could help you with growth and encouragement. i'm sorry you feel discouraged. i'm glad you posted. i pray that you are blessed and your sharing here, opens a door to some growth and encouragement. God loves you so much. he's right there with you.

icon12.gif

Habakkuk 1:5
"Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.

Upvote 0

stanneberg

Oct 7, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Elle_For_Short said:
I miss going to church, but I have gone to some super modern churches ans some super conservative churches and for me I just need something that is just right.
Michelle,

I take your situation very seriously. I have been praying for you. I feel led to tell you several things.

The reaction you have been experiencing at Church has not come from God. God is not punnishing you or disappointed in you at all. You have been given a special faith in our God that you can't find in Church. What you are reacting to is the absence of God. You stopped going to preserve your faith. Sure, everyone there says and acts like they love the Lord, but they are far from Him. You look at the people in the building with the steeple on top as the Church. The True Church are the believers that lean on, trust and rely on Christ, and Christ alone!

It wasn't long ago that you had a close encounter with God. You experienced His majesty and obtained a reverence for Him that will forever change your life. In fact, you are trying to figure out if you can trust that those feelings are from Him. They are! You have three other friends that were close to you, and are experiencing the same disillusionment. Get them together. The four of you should start your own Church.

You have submitted yourself to God. However, you are looking at your circumstances as proof that something in your spiritual life is wrong. The depression and doubt you are experiencing is a direct attack from the evil one. You have been forgiven. There is no condemnation on you where God is concerned. Although the Doctor's news was depressing and demeaning, you are going to be healed from that as well. This condition was not your fault, even though you blame yourself and your actions leading up to it.

If you start your own worship time with your friends, It will blow your mind. God will reveal Himself to you and the Holy Spirit will guide your teaching. You will pray for things in the name of Jesus and shed tears of overwhelming happiness when He answers them. Even your parents will want to get involved -- but only after many discussions riddled with caution.

Trust the Lord in this. Pray about these words and see that God is leading. Put yourself in a position to watch Him work through you. You won't want to live any other way again.

I'm praying for you.

Stephen

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Elle_For_Short said:
Hey, My name is Michelle and I'm 18. well I have been depressed for a little over a year now. I've been depressed before, but this recent one has been the most difficult. I want to overcome it, I just don't know how. I didn't get into college, and I got some recent news about my health from my doctor. That combined with a few other things I rather not talk about have made me really sad. i've been wanting to be left alone, ignored my friends, stopped doing what I like, and lost the desire to go to school. See I want to, but i'm a bit scared and a bit "if only this, i'd be happier," "if I'd only done this instead of this i's be happier,' etc. I don't know if any of you ever felt hopeless and felt like nothing in your life would ever go right unless you submit yourself to God? I feel like that. I just don't know what to do. I also have gotten really irritable. Please pray for me.:help:

One more thing, I haven't been to church for a while in and out for alot of ears although my dad preaches and my mom loves God. My sister and me have are different reasons why we don't go to the church we grew up in. There have been three divisions in that church as well. Plus since we've left the church on and off, we've been going to different churches different denominations on and off. Maybe this is a BIG reason why I am not happy. I miss going to church, but I have gone to some super modern churches ans some super conservative churches and for me I just need something that is just right. I just probably haven't looked good enough.
Dear Michelle, hang in there. I am praying for you. I hope that you will find the peace of mind you are seeking. Just keep trusting God and He will get you through these difficult times. Lily00:angel:
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phillippians 4:13

Upvote 0

Elle_For_Short

Feb 6, 2006
California
✟738.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
stanneberg said:
Michelle,

I take your situation very seriously. I have been praying for you. I feel led to tell you several things.

The reaction you have been experiencing at Church has not come from God. God is not punnishing you or disappointed in you at all. You have been given a special faith in our God that you can't find in Church. What you are reacting to is the absence of God. You stopped going to preserve your faith. Sure, everyone there says and acts like they love the Lord, but they are far from Him. You look at the people in the building with the steeple on top as the Church. The True Church are the believers that lean on, trust and rely on Christ, and Christ alone!

It wasn't long ago that you had a close encounter with God. You experienced His majesty and obtained a reverence for Him that will forever change your life. In fact, you are trying to figure out if you can trust that those feelings are from Him. They are! You have three other friends that were close to you, and are experiencing the same disillusionment. Get them together. The four of you should start your own Church.

You have submitted yourself to God. However, you are looking at your circumstances as proof that something in your spiritual life is wrong. The depression and doubt you are experiencing is a direct attack from the evil one. You have been forgiven. There is no condemnation on you where God is concerned. Although the Doctor's news was depressing and demeaning, you are going to be healed from that as well. This condition was not your fault, even though you blame yourself and your actions leading up to it.

If you start your own worship time with your friends, It will blow your mind. God will reveal Himself to you and the Holy Spirit will guide your teaching. You will pray for things in the name of Jesus and shed tears of overwhelming happiness when He answers them. Even your parents will want to get involved -- but only after many discussions riddled with caution.

Trust the Lord in this. Pray about these words and see that God is leading. Put yourself in a position to watch Him work through you. You won't want to live any other way again.

I'm praying for you.

Stephen

Wow.....I don't know what to say. i'm a little in the should I believe him or shouldn't I. I rather trust the former. When you said three friends, three specific people popped in my mind, and whether or not I go to church, I have prayed about all my friends since none of them are saved. A while back someone (while we where praying) told me that because I cared enough for these girls (not just those 3) God would answer my prayers and I would preach Gods word. The though of that scares me. I just want my friends to have that lonliess filled. They all come from from broken homes and either don't belive in God or are looking for something to fill the void. But if it means that they'll come to God, I'll do anything God wants me to do. I just want to be able to talk about God and write. Write, write, write. Articles, screenplays, (both secular and christian), anything. I want to enter that world of Entertainment(in the background) and be the light so others can say I want what she has. I mean why would God give me friends I don't need. They all come to me when they are sad or tell me stories that are really sad, and I always want to yell out YOUR ANSWER IS JESUS!!! You know what I mean. But my problem is I always want to be "OK" first with Jesus and then I'll tell them about him.

Upvote 0

ZealouS

Sep 25, 2004
Utah
Visit site
✟9,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am one who had a severe battle against depression a year or so ago. It was only once I broke free of it that I realized what was making me unhappy. I firmly believe that depression does infact exist for the purpose of making us realize that something in our lives is not right. We are either doing something or allowing others to do something to us that is making us unhappy. The trick is to pinpoint the problems and eliminate them. I know in my personal case it was disobedience to God that was making me unhappy. Not because God was punishing me but because in disobeying God I was going against who I truly am, thus making myself unhappy.

Also, I suggest you examine your diet very closely. As you increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables, you will realize that you are starting to feel better physically, which is a good step towards feeling better mentally. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to send me a pm. I have been through some hard times and I know firsthand how hard depression is to live with.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.