Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about this: You will be SAVED, but that would be the result despite believing a list of doctrinal errors along the way. (?)

Would not the believer want--as a true believer--to do what God wants and the Bible teaches, apart from the matter of salvation??

Ah so the verse should read

Romans 10:9
"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, and you join the correct church with the correct doctrine that random people on the internet say is the one correct church you will be saved.

Good to know, I wouldn't understand half of what I read if it wasn't for all these people to show me what the verses actually say. ^_^

2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Will do me. :)

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll defend him here. The thread was about letting people give their take on denominations. He did that and hasn't really bothered defending himself.

I hadn't noticed, I just jumped in. Kind of pointless when people don't return to defend their position.

Upvote 0

Marc Perry

Sep 9, 2020
California
✟14,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I hadn't noticed, I just jumped in. Kind of pointless when people don't return to defend their position.

I hate online. There are words and sentences, but with no feeling or reactions so many things get lost. I don't know if your saying he's to blame for not defending himself, or me for coming to his defense without defending myself, or if your just making an observation.

The first one I'll defend if you want. I actually forgot what he was talking about, but I love a challenge.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hate online. There are words and sentences, but with no feeling or reactions so many things get lost. I don't know if your saying he's to blame for not defending himself, or me for coming to his defense without defending myself, or if your just making an observation.

The first one I'll defend if you want. I actually forgot what he was talking about, but I love a challenge.

I just said I didn't notice that he wasn't replying to his own thread. I wasn't defending or blaming really, except it's kind of boring when the Op doesn't return.

Since I didn't even read what your own position on this topic is, it would be rather hard to defend or debate with you at this point.

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Good to know, I wouldn't understand half of what I read if it wasn't for all these people to show me what the verses actually say.

Well Coffee4u, not to be a wet blanket and all, but the only thing you are getting from "all these people" is their fallible, and personal interpretation of what "they personally believe" any certain Scripture verse means. Since they are fallible, (which I hope they would admit, and you would agree) that means they could be making one or more mistakes in their interpretation and understanding of Scripture, right? So what it boils down to Coffee4u, is that they could be telling you something that is wrong, right?” That is, unless one of these Protestant posters care to make the claim of being infallible.

Have a Blessed day!

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well Coffee4u, not to be a wet blanket and all, but the only thing you are getting from "all these people" is their fallible, and personal interpretation of what "they personally believe" any certain Scripture verse means. Since they are fallible, (which I hope they would admit, and you would agree) that means they could be making one or more mistakes in their interpretation and understanding of Scripture, right? So what it boils down to Coffee4u, is that they could be telling you something that is wrong, right?” That is, unless one of these Protestant posters care to make the claim of being infallible.

Have a Blessed day!

I assume you realize I was being sarcastic, right?

Lol I am a Protestant; a sola scriptura, 6-day creationist Protestant, and I disagree with 95% of people here. ^_^
I believe God and the Bible are the only source of truth.

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

To be totally honest, it can be a stretch at times to assume anything in this forum

Lol I am a Protestant; a sola scriptura, 6-day creationist Protestant, and I disagree with 95% of people here. ^_^

So..... Coffee4u, correct me if I'm wrong, what I gather by this statement of yours is that ninty five percent of the posters here are fallible, and that their personal opinions and interpretation of Scripture are not absolute, and subject to error? How about the other five percent?

Interesting......So do you also believe that the Bible is the pillar and foundation of truth?

Have a Blessed Day!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason and formation of denominations. What’s your take on it. Why do they exist? Is this something that God orchestrated or is this something conceived from man?

My 'take on it' is that many professing Christians do not believe in 'Bible only', and rather prefer to add many innovations and preferences to make a comfortable assembly of people who choose what they want. Major sects in the world are doing that!

'Bible only' as often referenced, means to take "all the counsel of God", and by "rightly dividing the Word of Truth" as the Apostles show us. I know of such a fellowship worldwide, and there is a source honestly addressing that if one is interested to inquire privately to understand 'Bible-only'.

Basically, people go after that which they prefer to follow, so it becomes a CHOICE (which we all have) in what one wants to know about the mind of our Creator-God. We need not try to press our choices, but rightly should encourage ALL seekers to be very sure the whole Bible is valued as given ---and one might well look at the Bible VERSIONS one chooses, for just finding one that makes the language modern and easy for a child to read, is not the best source.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: garee
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Contrary opinion incoming so beware.

I came to this site specifically because I wanted to know more about what other denominations believe about things and their reasons for those beliefs.

I personally believe based on common sense that Jesus, as head of the Church, that he did no other than plan the way things have unfolded. My opinion is based on the commons sense understanding of scripture given we zoom out enough to see the big picture. For example, did Paul write to the Corinthians in the same way that he wrote to the Galatians or Thessalonians? No, apparently not. Why then would we assume that there must be "one denomination" thereby destroying Jesus authority over the church? Another example I would point to, which is more clearly seen, is in Revelation 2-3 where there is not one church written to, but in fact 7 representing the number of completeness. 7 distinct churches, not one church to with all authority is given as Christ is the head of all churches, not just the one you go to on Sunday/Saturday. The question really becomes what Jesus is really in authority of at all if it a man made problem of having multiple denominations. Genesis 18:14 "Is anything too hard for the LORD?" is it so that it was only Abraham that was Jewish? No one would say such. Is David the same as Solomon? No one would say such. It is because there is strength in numbers that Christ did it this way.

Now, one might point out that there have been "terrible things done" in the name of division. To this I would simply say, do you not sin even though you have been born again? If God is Sovereign even over our sin as believers, then surely Christ can be Sovereign over our sin in division.

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It would seem to be result of the fall when God corrupted this whole creation according to the letter of the law, death.

As a result knowing the kingdom of God does not come by observation (the temporal things seen) .We are informed there must be heresies. A word that defines sects among us. God who is not a man is the spiritual father of many nations(denomination) signified the word Abraham . Not the fleshy person Abraham .

In that way as long as the oral traditions of men do not deny the fullness of Christ's grace by which he purchased his bride the church we cannot judge one another.

Our approval is not of men.

1 Corinthians 11:19For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The reason and formation of denominations. What’s your take on it. Why do they exist? Is this something that God orchestrated or is this something conceived from man?

Its something that God created so that men who walk by sight do not murder each other. Flesh and blood against flesh and blood. Nation against nation. Family against families.

God is the father of all nations signified by the word Abraham the father of many (all) . And not Abram the father of one.

Upvote 0

Samson Society

Oct 16, 2020
Dallas
Visit site
✟15,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I got the sarcasm :)

Upvote 0

BiblicalFollower

Dec 28, 2020
Stockholm
✟8,508.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello dear member,
Can I ask you to pm me? My account is pretty new so it does not allow me. I would be glad to ask you a fiew things as I see that you are a man of knowleage. It would help a lot. Thank you!

• Friendly
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0