Not open for further replies.

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Shame on the people that threw the water balloons at them. I don't agree with the Mormons. But I treat everyone the way I want to be treated. Remember the golden rule. I always invite them in for some good old bible reading. They never come back though. If I was them I would have not cussed at the people and I would have returned wearing a rain coat. It would at least get a chuckle out of them. Hopefully.
Plus it is in the bible to go door to door.

Mathew 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mathew 10:11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. 12 And when ye come into an house, salute it. 13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

This one says go to the house to house.

Acts 5:42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

Acts 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

You said, "So that proves that witnessing is wrong. Using your logic that is."

My logic is sound. We are to go house to house preaching the good news of the kingdom.
You gave a lady having a ziesure while speaking in tongues as proof that tongues are wrong. using that same logic, one would have to say that door to door witnessing is wrong cause 2 mormons starting cussing 2 teen age boys. ( I did worse than those teens did when I was a teen.)
logical said:
Everything we do is scriptural. If it is not in the bible, we don't do it. If it is in there, we treat it as inspired by Jehovah himself

No I know that scripture and the one about Jonah. What you are saying that Jesus was in Hell Paradise. These two words are never together in any scripture. Where does it say that he was in a hell paradise. If there is a scripture that talks about this very thing show me. Heart of Earth does not mean a paradise in hell. and the other verse does not say paradise in hell.
you have to put the scriptures together, Jesus was in prison, he was in the heart of the earth for 3 days, he was in paradise the day he died,

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
How do you know? We see the Kingdom growing at an accelerated rate. Kingdom halls are going up everywhere. I showed you all the scripture about his Kingdom being established before the end. Well it has and is growing. We are the only religion that fits those prophecies. We don't learn war, we don't seek vengeance. All other religions are drying up. The Pope and the Dali lama went on tour to try to bring more people to their causes. They see what is going on.

Luke 6:40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

we are being made perfect in the spirit,. when we become perfect, then that which is in part, (tongues et. al.) shall cease.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Nobody has arrived at a perfect man yet, except Jesus so tongues haven't ceased cause that which is perfect hasn't come yet.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
logical said:
No you are changing the words around, not me. Look. This is E-sword. A translation program. It clearly says new languages. Not Glossolalia as you claim. So yes JWs teach in over 400 languages or tongues or glossa.

Mar 16:17 And1161 these5023 signs4592 shall follow3877 them3588 that believe;4100 In1722 my3450 name3686 shall they cast out1544 devils;1140 they shall speak2980 with new2537 tongues;1100

G1100
γλῶσσα
glōssa
gloce'-sah
Of uncertain affinity; the tongue; by implication a language (specifically one naturally unacquired): - tongue.

I was mistaken for relying upon wikepedia for the word for tongues. I didn't know what the word was just asssumed they were correct, they are not.

(Greek/English Interlinear (tr) NT) Mark 16:17 shmeia <4592> de <1161> {AND SIGNS} toiV <3588> {THOSE THAT} pisteusasin <4100> (5660) {BELIEVE} tauta <5023> {THESE} parakolouqhsei <3877> (5692) {SHALL FOLLOW:} en <1722> tw <3588> {IN} onomati <3686> mou <3450> {MY NAME} daimonia <1140> {DEMONS} ekbalousin <1544> (5692) {THEY SHALL CAST OUT;} glwssaiV <1100> {WITH TONGUES} lalhsousin <2980> (5692) {THEY SHALL SPEAK} kainaiV <2537> {NEW;}

(Greek/English Interlinear (tr) NT) 1 Corinthians 14:22 wste <5620> {SO THAT} ai <3588> {THE} glwssai <1100> {TONGUES} eiV <1519> {FOR} shmeion <4592> {A SIGN} eisin <1526> (5748) {ARE,} ou <3756> {NOT} toiV <3588> {TO THOSE THAT} pisteuousin <4100> (5723) {BELIEVE,} alla <235> {BUT} toiV <3588> {TO THE} apistoiV <571> {UNBELIEVERS;} h <3588> de <1161> profhteia <4394> {BUT PROPHECY,} ou <3756> {NOT} toiV <3588> {TO THE} apistoiV <571> {UNBELIEVERS,} alla <235> {BUT} toiV <3588> {TO THOSE THAT} pisteuousin <4100> (5723) {BELIEVE.}

http://www.olivetree.com/cgi-bin/EnglishBible.htm

glossais is tongues in mark 16. 17 and in 1 cor. 14.22. Tongues , not foreign languages are a sign to unbeleivers, the sign that will follow them that believe. If you were correct it would mean that the sign that follows believers is that they take spanish class in high school or french or german and learn another language. have you learned another language so that you will have the sign that follows them that believe? see how silly it is to say foriegn languages are the sign that follows them that believe? It is silly to me at any rate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bananna

Contributor
Site Supporter
Apr 26, 2005
PNW
Visit site
✟31,962.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Luke 6:40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

we are being made perfect in the spirit,. when we become perfect, then that which is in part, (tongues et. al.) shall cease.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Nobody has arrived at a perfect man yet, except Jesus so tongues haven't ceased cause that which is perfect hasn't come yet.
Yep
I agree, Tongues are confounded for a purpose and when that purpose ceases we all will be one even as Yeshua is one with the Father and us.
banann

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yep
I agree, Tongues are confounded for a purpose and when that purpose ceases we all will be one even as Yeshua is one with the Father and us.
banann
I don't know how anyone can say tongues are demonic, and many christians do, when there are so many scriptures speaking of tongues.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.