Not open for further replies.

lava*sparks

May 29, 2002
Kentucky
Visit site
✟7,629.00
Faith
Christian

hi there everyone. I am seeking some wisdom about demons. My whole life I have always been aware of evil, ever since I was a kid i had an inclination to feel evil around me. It has always scared me-and the older I get, the more "severe" these manifestations are getting. I am not worried-or scared...well, at that particular moment i am scared, but i dont live my life in fear of when the next occurence will happen. I have seen a form in my bedroom before, but mostly it just has to do with me knowing evil is in the room with me and feeling its angry, hostile spirit. But somethign crazy happened last night....i am in college, and I dont have a roommate so i am alone at nights. I knew somethign was in the room before I even turned off my lights to go to bed, but it wasnt anything more than the usual. However, not too long after I turned the lights off, i felt this crazy amount of pressure on top of me-all over. I remember trying to lift my head, i felt my neck straining but i couldnt move. There was intense heat that traveled up and down my body, i tingled and i was covered in chill bumps. There was the strangest light at the end of my bed that i couldnt look at. It seemed somethign was grabbing my covers and pulling down, my whole body was just smushed to the bed. I started going over the armor of God in my head and praying and I spoke right to it and said you cant have my soul, I am God's and the heat got SO much more intense, and i felt this wave start at my head and move down my body quickly-then it was gone. I was breathing hard and in shock-but God always gives me so much peace and He put me right to sleep. I am praying and trying to soak up all the wisdom I am supposed to from this...I want to know if this is a gift, if this is beneficial-or if I am being unneccessarily harrassed. Does anyone have any insight on this?? How is this helpful to God's kingdom and His people?? Do I have a problem or a blessing? Thanks for reading this :]

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I had an experience with a demon Friday night. I was working very late on a paper for school. About 1:30 am, I turned off the lights, but I became very aware of a figure standing in my hallway. It was a large demon (over 6 foot tall) with an axe stuck in his head, with blood and gore oozing down his body. It frightened me. I could not see it with my eyes, but my spirit knew it was there. I tried to shake off the eerie feeling, but I could not. No matter where I turned my head, I could see that figure in the hall with my spirit.

I turned on the light, but the light was dimmed by the presence of this thing. It is a 60 watt bulb that gave the lumens of a 10 watt bulb that night.

I commanded it through the authority given to me by Jesus Christ, my savior, who is my owner (I am a bond servant of Christ), to leave me alone and go back to hell where it belonged. It didn't leave, but I could tell that it was weakened. I knew that I have no power on my own to shoo away demons, but that all authority in heaven and earth belongs to Christ, so even though it was sort of still there (fading), I knew I was safe from it and I went to bed and slept like a baby.

I don't think that this is a "gift" in any sort of way.

Have you been fighting on the front lines of one of satan's strongholds? That is often where these things originate. Their supposed to scare you so you'll give up the crusade against them. I had just made a sortee into satan's stronghold, and that's why this demon came to me. It was freaky and really frightened me, but it made me realize that I was being a real threat to satan that night, otherwise he wouldn't have bothered sending one of his henchmen.

Are you sure it's not psychiatric in nature? You are the right age for the onset of of schizophrenic symptoms. But your experience goes waaay beyond what most schizophrenics experience, so I'm pretty convinced that it was a genuine enounter with a demon.

You need to be in the body of Christ. Join a good Bible-believing church and get them praying for your right away!

And tell me about any mission or evangelistic work you are doing. Could you have been breaking down the gates of hell that night?

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just to be the token skeptic: There is a situation very similar to what you describe that isn't demons, just a moderately common quirk of the brain. In this state, the thing that keeps you from moving during dreams (and keeps you from falling off the bed) stays turned on even though you're at least partially awake; some people also have hallucinations. This is believed to be where many beliefs about succubi and witches came from.

This is hardly to say that all such experiences are necessarily mundane, but a fair number of people will have experiences like this which are nothing more than the opposite problem from sleepwalking.

Upvote 0

lava*sparks

May 29, 2002
Kentucky
Visit site
✟7,629.00
Faith
Christian
alright....thanks for all the secular suggestions-but the issue of whether this is satanic or not is NOT being questioned. I know it is. I came here to seek advice and comfort from Christians who have either been there or would just like to pray for me, I am not seeking a pychological evaluation. This goes way beyond human medicine. I do appreciate all suggestions tho-it is important for me to consider all possibilities....however, its demonic-no doubt. I need advice and prayer. thanks :]

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
lavasparks,

I just finished reading a book called the Triumphant Church by Kenneth E Hagin. In the book he talks about demons and the role of the church in dealing with them. There is a lot of detail and information, and he shares his 60 years of experience in ministering to people.

my first impression is to tell you that these things you are experiencing is not from God becos God doesnt scare you like this with such gifts. Look at this verse:

Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

I roughly know how you feel cos my wife is sensitive to the presence of evil too. and she sees things i dont see. but you must also know that the devil is a defeated foe. Jesus has defeated him and made a show of him and his cohorts. And you ARE seated with Christ. Know your rights in Christ and you will hve a better perspective.

the sleep problem you described is similar to what is known as sleep paralysis. There's a medical explanation for that as well as a demonic explanation. sometimes its either or, sometimes its a combination of both. I've get it once in a while too (so does my brother) but mine is more medical then demonic, although sometimes it happens as a very REAL dream where a demon/dark figure sits on me. I cant move, have difficulty breathing, cant even cry out but am fully conscious of what's happening. the condition is more prevalent and common than you think. just that people dont discuss it.

I've been spiriually attacked too at one pt in my life. it was literally frozen stiff with fear. the whole episode lasted abt 9 mths. but i can tell you much of it was in the mind -- ie the battle is usu in the mind.

that's all for now.. gotta go

shalom

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.