Hands&Feet

Sep 27, 2003
USA
✟851.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There are many secular psychologists who are accepting the reality of demonzation and are even referring some patients to deliverance ministries. But, its like when the government asked to investigate Youth Challenges' claim that they had a 75% success ratio with helping people to overcome addictions. They discovered that the actual figure was around 85%, but they stopped the investigation there because they couldn't use Christian counseling in government programs, even though secular psychology industry success figures run between 1 and 2%!! I trained and worked in the secular field before becoming a Christian and gave up because the results were so dismal. When I was introduced to deliverance I was dumbfounded to see the impact that someone with no psychological background could make on a person with disorders that were basically untreatable in secular pyschology. What has been even more amazing to me is that I have seen so many different methodologies used in dealing with demonization that have all worked as long as their authority in CHrist is exercised.
C. Peter Wagner had a book out back in the early 90's called Wrestling with Dark Angels. It was a collective of the works of a diversity of Christian backgrounds in the field of demonization and spiritual warfare. It is really an eye opener as to how important use of Christ's authority is and how insignificant religious methodologies are. If it is still in print, it is an intersting study.
As for science and demonization...well, there are many believers out there but not many who are willing to come out of the closet on paper. I would love to read something from them though.
One thing I have to say based on 20 years of involvement with battling demons: Tread softly and carry a big God. Seriously, these things are very deceptive and, yes, we have authority, but it isn't always that simple. I have paid a tremendous price in helping others to become freed from these enemies of the soul and had I any idea what I was getting myself into, I'm not so sure I would have been so willing to do it. The results have been worth it, but they came at a high personal price.

Upvote 0

Bruce S

Dec 28, 2002
✟1,232.00
Faith
Protestant
Lee said:
If you want to learn more about demons and deliverance, read Derek Prince's They Shall Expel Demons. My friend advise me to read it. He said that it was biblical sound and very good. I just begin reading. So far, it is the best book that I read on demons.
0800792602.01._PE20_PIdp-schmoo2,TopRight,7,-26_SCMZZZZZZZ_.gif

I just finished reading this one the other day. MANY scary things in there. Off and on, while reading this one, I had mixed messages with this one.

First, he obviously has been at this for a long time. He seemed to get into this on a biblical basis, and he certainly TOTALLY builds the case that ALL ministers are ordered to do demon expelling. I think, like the gifts of the Spirit, that were ignored for most of the past few hundred years, until the Pentecostals revived the practice, demon work too was something ALL the early followers of Christ, and Christ himself did, and were expected to do.

The scariest scenes in this book, involved, outwardly good Pentecostal believers, and some of their demons. My skin crawled when reading some of those examples.

A good read. I think every pastor should be given a copy of this one.

stars-3-0.gif
Insight on Demons, February 26, 2003 AMAZON.com Review:

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Reviewer:from New River Valley, Virginia [/size][/font]
Summary of book:

Derek Prince does a good job of telling us about demons, from how Jesus dealt with them, the origin of the word demon from Greek, his struggle with them, various types of demons and how to combat them. Prince uses Scripture and personal experiences to show us that demons are real, and we as followers of Christ have the authority over them, yet Christians can be oppressed by them and need deliverence.

Positives of the book: Scripturarly based, with personal dealings with demons, as well as guidelines Christians should use to expel their own demons, and if you are not a Christian he takes you through steps on becoming a believer. I for one believe in demons. The bible mentions them, and in today's society we tend to shake them off as some mystical creatures that are only symbols of our struggles instead of actual, evil spririts. Prince's example's can be disturbing to some, how demons are expelled and the different noise and/or convulsions people might have when they are delivered. Basically, you can expel a demon, but make sure you are a believer and close to God. If not, it is best to seek a ministry or your pastor to help you.

Negatives:
Although I believe in demons, Prince at times puts a demon with every problem we have. Some of the more bizarre examples in the book include 1) A girl getting hit on the head by a baseball, and then suffers from epileptic seizures. Prince explains the injury created a weakness that allowed a demon to enter, and give her these seizures. She was healed according to Prince, which I believe in a healing ministry, but to say demons enter you just because you are bonked on the head, seems a bit far-fetched. Another example of a bizarre demon was someone who suffered from tooth decay. That again seemed stretching it a bit. I have no doubt that people have demons, but sometimes we suffer physical and mental problems, due to plain old sin, and habits such as smoking, drugs or drinking can open the door for Satan to take control, some of this is purely our own doing due to the carnal, sinful nature we inherited when Adam & Eve first sinned. Final thoughts: Be well read with the Word, and follow Prince's examples. He has good, spirit led insight into the world of demons, but do not blame everything on demons or Satan, when you yourself could be at fault.
Another review:

Become In Tune to the Ministry of Jesus, August 5, 2002
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Reviewer: Bill Reese from Norcross, GA United States [/size][/font]"They Shall Expel Demons" is a jewel among all other books on deliverance. The author's tremendous level of knowledge shows through in this highly readable book. Among the pages you will find not just what type of demons or spirits operate in the life of a person but the reasons that one might become possessed. It will open the eyes of most people who feel pressured and often use "the devil made me do it" as the excuse for their actions.

"They Shall Expel Demons" forces the reader to ponder the differences between the need for healing and the need for deliverance. While there are many sicknesses that are of a common biological nature, the text shows that evil spirits may cause some sicknesses. There are battles fought in the heavens and battles fought here on earth and through the Biblical foundation you are shown the realism of the fight between "good and evil". This book is for those interested in understanding the ministry of Christ and those who want to understand the different battlefields on which Christian battles are fought. It will prove to be a valuable asset to all Christian libraries and is a definite must for an Evangelical. I feel there should be more books as direct as this one. It gets to the point, shows examples, and provides a great solid base, which is the Word of God.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bruce S said:
0800792602.01._PE20_PIdp-schmoo2,TopRight,7,-26_SCMZZZZZZZ_.gif

I just finished reading this one the other day. MANY scary things in there. Off and on, while reading this one, I had mixed messages with this one.

First, he obviously has been at this for a long time. He seemed to get into this on a biblical basis, and he certainly TOTALLY builds the case that ALL ministers are ordered to do demon expelling. I think, like the gifts of the Spirit, that were ignored for most of the past few hundred years, until the Pentecostals revived the practice, demon work too was something ALL the early followers of Christ, and Christ himself did, and were expected to do.

The scariest scenes in this book, involved, outwardly good Pentecostal believers, and some of their demons. My skin crawled when reading some of those examples.

Another review:
Prince was great. I saw him in Pittburgh back in the 70s. It is a shame he recently passed away to be with the Lord. Our loss... heaven's gain.

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I totally agree. I just got done reading that book this week. It is awesome. By Prince's teaching, it is like exactly the demonic oppression that the people had in the New Testament. WOW! It certainly scare me at first. And make me fear the LORD even more. Just by his testimonies in the book, I am revealed to a whole new level of God's power. That just make me fear Him and humble me.

The only problem that I come to encounter with this is having faith. I will pray to walk by faith and not by sight.

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Alright, I forget to mention adding to what I said above. Today I went to do my weekly ministry. After reading They Shall Expel Demons, I beomce more cautious of my spiritual surroundings.

Here is the danger. I am involve with children ministry. And there is this young little 5-year-old girl. She is say to have a genetic blindness. Her mother is blind and so is her other sister. Adding to this, she has a hard time praising the name of Jesus. She can say the name of Jesus. But to give any sort of glory to Jesus, she can not do it. I have not heard her praise God at all. And her parents do not believe in Jesus. Her family does not go to church. Also, there are times when she does act a bit wildly. That can be contributed to the fact that a blind girl does not know what is going on around her and may just want to cause attention. Or it can also be that she is understand the influence of demonic powers. I believe what made me cautiously consider that this maybe demonic oppession is that, she said Jesus is ugly.

According to the book, there can be also demonic oppression passing from parents to children. Though, she does not see, she called Jesus ugly. No one tells her of what Jesus looking ugly before. And it troubles me that according to her father does not like Jesus. So I can see that there is a deep spiritual warfare within that family. Incoporating what I learn from the book, it can be that she is genetically blind. Or, there is a spirit of blindness in her. Whatever it is going on, I worry more for her salvation. So I will be praying for her on that. But I am considering that there can be some demonic environment in her life. However, I have not concluded that.

Upvote 0

Bruce S

Dec 28, 2002
✟1,232.00
Faith
Protestant
Lee said:
Alright, I forget to mention adding to what I said above. Today I went to do my weekly ministry. After reading They Shall Expel Demons, I beomce more cautious of my spiritual surroundings.

According to the book, there can be also demonic oppression passing from parents to children. Though, she does not see, she called Jesus ugly. No one tells her of what Jesus looking ugly before. And it troubles me that according to her father does not like Jesus. So I can see that there is a deep spiritual warfare within that family. Incoporating what I learn from the book, it can be that she is genetically blind. Or, there is a spirit of blindness in her. Whatever it is going on, I worry more for her salvation. So I will be praying for her on that. But I am considering that there can be some demonic environment in her life. However, I have not concluded that.
Praying for her, according to Derek doesn't do the trick.

I would suggest a Demonic Expelling session. I know that is scarey, and it may not be the problem, but the way you describe the situation, it seems that this may be the case.

You need courage, and that isn't easy to do. So, talk with the family, give the book to a trusted fellow in the church, after he/she reads it, discuss this family situation with the other, and if they concur do what needs to be done.

Pray on the decision, but if it is so, let us know how this goes.

May God bless you and the family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

look

A New Species of Man®
Mar 15, 2003
Daytona Beach, Florida
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
A word of caution, you need to wait on the Holy Spirit's leading...you have to wait on the annointing and the revelation of our authority to use the Name of Jesus! If this is done without God's leading, you will end up trying to do this under your own strength and it won't work because it was man's attempt. I would suggest studing the account recorded in Acts 16;
16. And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
17. The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
18. And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
19. And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers,

The point to be made here is, why didn't Paul just cast out the demon the first day? Because he walked in the spirit and he had to wait untill the Holy Spirit directed him to do that. My point is, BE SURE YOU ARE BEING LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT WHEN THIS IS DONE...

Nobody can just use the authority Jesus gave us outside of the anointing. Please think about this...

Upvote 0

look

A New Species of Man®
Mar 15, 2003
Daytona Beach, Florida
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Lee, I'm glad to hear you say that, just be sure not to do anything like that unless you are told to by the Holy Spirit and you will be allright. Continue to learn and meditate on the scriptures and then the Holy Spirit will remind you and give you the revelation.

Just knowing the Word doesn't get it, there is an atheist who knows the Bible inside and out and even teaches at a theological seminary (I think it's Dallas), but is still an atheist...see my point? A good example is the devil, he also knows the Bible, but he also (as in the case of the atheist) is unable to receive the hidden truth (revelation), because it comes from God telling you (revelation). You can know the Bible, but without the revelation, you only have head knowledge and presumption... Which shows, because he had access to knowledge of how God planned to redeem us, but he didn't "get it", if he had known, he would not have crucified the Lord of Glory! 1 Corinthians 2;
7. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8. Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
;)

Once you get the revelation, faith comes with it.

Remember, head knowledge is not revelation and presumption, not faith, comes with that and will discourage you when nothing happens. Then satan will try to change your mind saying, "well, I guess God didn't mean that, after all..."

There is a high number of Christians who do get discouraged because they mistook "presumption" for faith and they end up leading defeated lives which is not a good testimony at all...

Revelation only comes when you spend time meditating on a certain subject with the verses to back that up. It starts out as head knowledge and it's the Holy Spirit who gives the revelation...Boy, when it comes, it just explodes inside of you and you just bust out praising God because you were enlightned by the Holy Spirit (rhema). It's at that time faith comes, because God just told you He will do it and you know you can take that to the bank...

I hope you don't mind me telling you all of this, it's what I hear the Holy Spirit telling me.

God bless you and yours...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
look said:
A word of caution, you need to wait on the Holy Spirit's leading...you have to wait on the annointing and the revelation of our authority to use the Name of Jesus! If this is done without God's leading, you will end up trying to do this under your own strength and it won't work because it was man's attempt. I would suggest studing the account recorded in Acts 16;

I agree on the most part of this, but if were waiting around for the Holy Spirit to lead us then why did Jesus say hes given us all christians authortiy over the enemy meaning satan, he didnt say wait for the Guidence of the Holy Spirit before we rip a devils head off, were always in the anointing because the Holy Spirits in us, we dont turn on and off his anointing, he is the anointing, so wherever I go there is his anointing because hes with me, when we move you will see God move, we both work together as partners in battle not just one person, but yes It is better to listen to the Holy Spirit before going against the devil , but most times when satans coming against me I am not waiting for the guidence of the Holy Spirit, Jesus has already told me I can rip the devils head off, so why do I have to wait for guidence to do that, when you move you'll see God power come up on you to destroy satan, Dont be afraid of satan hes a lot smaller than he appears to be he only makes himself look big by the hatred and anger he has when he comes against us, remember hes a flesh devil, so he only fights with weapons such as thoughts, possesion etc, so we come against him with spiritual weapons and break him in half, we christians need to quit being scared of satan, when we got saved Jesus didnt save us then equip us with weapons and give us authority over satan, then tell us run forest run there comes the devil, no we are to stand against satan boldly not scared, not oh no theres satan, well do something rip his head off, come on christians its time to be bold and yes be lead by the holy spirit, but most times the holy spirits saying what are you waiting for.. the end time church is going to storm the gates of hell wether we like it or not, so lets go start storming the gates of hell, theres no guidence needed look around theres a bunch of devils, start fighting and welcome to the war your in it... lots of love to every christian I just want everyone to quit being afraid of satan and begin ripping his head off in our lives..

Attachments

• smiley-rant-mode.gif
    smiley-rant-mode.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0
I have encountered many times where people were possessed. I have witnessed some things that were scary and pretty bazare. This one lady at my church just fell down and began moving like a snake. While the pastor and others prayed for her eight or more voices started speaking out of her all at one time. When the demons came out of her she looked almost dead for a while. She is still set free to this day.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have encountered many times where people were possessed. I have witnessed some things that were scary and pretty bazare. This one lady at my church just fell down and began moving like a snake. While the pastor and others prayed for her eight or more voices started speaking out of her all at one time. When the demons came out of her she looked almost dead for a while. She is still set free to this day.

Yikes! My wife has seen something like that too while she was younger. Her uncle was an exorcist (for the RC church i think). She saw the man slither like a snake on the floor. It freaked her out! What amazed/shocked her was how a human body could contort and move in that way!

Upvote 0
Andrew said:
Yikes! My wife has seen something like that too while she was younger. Her uncle was an exorcist (for the RC church i think). She saw the man slither like a snake on the floor. It freaked her out! What amazed/shocked her was how a human body could contort and move in that way!
Yeah it is definately scary especially if you are not prayed up. I have been in alot of Pentecostal services where I have seen things like this and even stranger. I have an uncle that is a Pentecostal minister and other people in my family in the ministry as well. The scariest thing I saw was when my mom and dad when I was younger were praying over this lady who was acting strange and all of a sudden a hand appeared and began to choke her to death but we just kept pleading the blood and rebuking it and finally it disapeared and she got delivered she had problems because of years being in the occult and different things of that nature. I could tell about things almost for hours of the things that I have witnessed. It just shows how powerfull that our God really is.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.