Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think we should have any religious reference on our money or religious reference in the government. I strongly disagree with Christianity or any other religion being exalted above all other religions in this country. This country isn't a Christian nation and I thank God it isn't a Christian theocracy either. Based on what I've experienced over the years with the right wing evangelical Christians I've known, I can just imagine the total mayhem of these Christians fighting against other Christians to have their preferred version of biblical beliefs enforced into law and revoking the rights of LGBT and non-Christians. I imagine they would do the same with other Christians who don't adhere to their version of Christianity. I think it's the worst thing that could happen to this country.

And Roger Williams said all that in 1644.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, a little criticism is one thing but, what many people say regarding Trump is downright nasty.

A lot of things he's done are downright nasty. He's a serial adulterer, who brags about being able to get away with sexual assault. He's had to pay millions back to people he defrauded when they trusted him, in order to clear up fraud charges.

If I quoted him on certain things, I'd be quite properly banned from this forum. How far does it have to go before you think it's "nasty."

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not also @The Barbarian, that the Lord never once criticised the pagan Roman empire who were the political authority.

He explained why that was, to Pontius Pilate:
"My kingdom is not of this world."

He told his followers to render unto Caesar what is his and to God what is His. In our nation, we are obligated as citizens, to call out our leaders when then fall short. Anything less than that is, as Theodore Roosevelt said, "servile and unpatriotic."

• Agree
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0