✟842,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/docs/Resolution_Platform_2020.pdf

Perhaps having the Republican platform for a comparison would help.

I already quoted some of the best bits:

"The current Administration has exceeded its constitutional authority, brazenly and flagrantly violated the separation of powers, sought to divide America into groups and turn citizen against citizen."

"Additionally, the next president must not sow seeds of division and distrust between the police and the people they have sworn to serve and protect."

"The current Administration has abandoned America’s friends and rewarded its enemies."

"The huge increase in the national debt demanded by and incurred during the current Administration has placed a significant burden on future generations."

"we condemn the current Administration’s unconstitutional expansion into areas beyond those specifically enumerated, including bullying of state and local governments in matters ranging from voter identification (ID) laws to immigration, from healthcare programs to land use decisions"

"The current Administration, and particularly its EPA, seems not to care."

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I saw no racial stereotype in any of his posts in the this thread used to refer to any people. Perhaps you should apologize for the unwarranted accusation. I can't think of too many things more offensive than falsely labelling someone a racist.

Oh it originated from China? Oh those are the guys who can all do Kung-Fu right? Let’s call it the Kung-Flu because that’s super funny and totally Chinese!!

Sure, not racist at all. Maybe we should come up with some watermelon reference for the BLM protests too, because it’s all just good clean fun right?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I already quoted some of the best bits:

No offense, but not one item of what you posted following the above comment is on the RNC platform.

I know you believe the media, but the actual paper from the RNC reads completely different. That is why it is best to read first hand and not someone's commentary.

Upvote 0

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
No offense, but not one item of what you posted following the above comment is on the RNC platform.

I know you believe the media, but the actual paper from the RNC reads completely different. That is why it is best to read first hand and not someone's commentary.
His first quote; page 9, paragraph 3, sentence 3.
Second quote; page 39, paragraph 5, sentence 2.

Who's the one who didn't read it first hand?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟268,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

This gem: "The huge increase in the national debt demanded by and incurred during the current Administration has placed a significant burden on future generations." can be found in the bottom right corner of page 8. https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/docs/Resolution_Platform_2020.pdf

I understand this is mind boggling for a major political party to do something this stupid. I wouldn’t believe it myself if I didn’t read it for myself but the GOP has literally stapled the 2016 platform to the 2020 resolution and called it a day. I’m sorry the side you support thinks so little about it’s followers and the rest of the public that they thought this wouldn’t be noticed by anyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This gem: "The huge increase in the national debt demanded by and incurred during the current Administration has placed a significant burden on future generations." can be found in the bottom right corner of page 8. https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/docs/Resolution_Platform_2020.pdf

I understand this is mind boggling for a major political party to do something this stupid. I wouldn’t believe it myself if I didn’t read it for myself but the GOP has literally stapled the 2016 platform to the 2020 resolution and called it a day. I’m sorry the side you support thinks so little about it’s followers and the rest of the public that they thought this wouldn’t be noticed by anyone.

Why did you only quote part of it.

Upvote 0

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

If someone else can quote this to @hislegacy so he can see it, that might be helpful. No cutting of quotes either.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟268,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Why did you only quote part of it.

Edit:
we condemn the current Administration’s unconstitutional expansion into areas beyond those specifically enumerated, including bullying of state and local governments in matters ranging from voter identification (ID) laws to immigration, from healthcare programs to land use decisions" is found starting with the second word on the third line of page 16.

Edit again:
The current Administration, and particularly its EPA, seems not to care.” can be found in the eighth line of the first full paragraph in the right column on page 19.

Edit again, again:
“Our standing in world affairs has declined significantly - our enemies no longer fear us and our friends no longer trust us.” is found in the fifth paragraph in the second column on page i.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Don’t worry, it hasn’t gone unnoticed that you only appear in threats where racial issues are being discussed.

Perhaps those are only the threads you frequent.

Your position is extremely clear at this point, but hey you do you.

I don't think you could find my position if you had a paid guide and a map.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟842,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

None taken. Because I am correct and you are wrong about simple factual matters regarding the material you have yourself posted.

• Informative
Reactions: Skewpoint
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟568,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

And who also didn't read the OP and realize that the same document provided in post #81 was provided there as well?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BC9AB8D7-706E-4FDF-8CC2-04EDBA13D85B.jpeg
If someone else can quote this to @hislegacy so he can see it, that might be helpful. No cutting of quotes either.

Edit:
we condemn the current Administration’s unconstitutional expansion into areas beyond those specifically enumerated, including bullying of state and local governments in matters ranging from voter identification (ID) laws to immigration, from healthcare programs to land use decisions" is found starting with the second word on the third line of page 16.

Edit again:
The current Administration, and particularly its EPA, seems not to care.” can be found in the eighth line of the first full paragraph in the right column on page 19.

Edit again, again:
“Our standing in world affairs has declined significantly - our enemies no longer fear us and our friends no longer trust us.” is found in the fifth paragraph in the second column on page i.

You do realize you are quoting a document from 2016.

You do realize the “current administration” in 2016 was the Obama Administration right?

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟268,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
View attachment 283522

You do realize you are quoting a document from 2016.

You do realize the “current administration” in 2016 was the Obama Administration right?

Read page 1 of the document I provided a link to. They said it is all the same. The problem is things have changed in the past four years. The quotes are complaints that can be leveled against the Trump Administration. It actually shows how the Trump Administration has failed to live up to the Republican platform.

Hand waving this away as an old platform and irrelevant is worse. The only things in that resolution the GOP has going forward is:

1) In the sixth “Whereas” they are rejecting th policy position of the Democratic platform today. Is there really absolutely no policy position the Democrats have today the Republicans could support? None? Add this to the fact that they don’t have a 2020 platform or any positions to take. The Republicans aren’t governing any more, they are simply the party of “no” if they won’t consider the Democrats position on anything.

2) In the third “Resolved” the GOP pledges blind support for Trump and his Administration. This is no longer the Republican Party but the Trump Party. There are no objectives Republicans wish to pursue or stances to take. Merely what Trump wants. So if Trump were to come out tomorrow as pro-choice (he has held that position in the past), technically that would be the GOP position since it is fully support live of what Trump wants.

It’s far more generous for me to mock them for bad lines they have ended up with going with the 2016 platform than what looks like is really going on here. That Republicans have no positions, they have become a mindless cult that says “no” to everything Democrats say and “yes” to everything Trump says.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FE024D3A-D5BB-4656-8E12-0D3783155903.jpeg
Read page 1 of the document I provided a link to.

I did:

WHEREAS, The media has outrageously misrepresented the implications of the RNC not adopting a new platform in 2020 and continues to engage in misleading advocacy for the failed policies of the Obama-Biden Administration, rather than providing the public with unbiased reporting of facts; and

WHEREAS, The RNC enthusiastically supports President Trump and continues to reject the policy positions of the Obama-Biden Administration, as well as those espoused by the Democratic National Committee today; therefore, be it
RESOLVED, That the Republican Party has and will continue to enthusiastically support the President’s America-first agenda;

I agree completely

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟268,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
View attachment 283528

I did:

WHEREAS, The media has outrageously misrepresented the implications of the RNC not adopting a new platform in 2020 and continues to engage in misleading advocacy for the failed policies of the Obama-Biden Administration, rather than providing the public with unbiased reporting of facts; and

WHEREAS, The RNC enthusiastically supports President Trump and continues to reject the policy positions of the Obama-Biden Administration, as well as those espoused by the Democratic National Committee today; therefore, be it
RESOLVED, That the Republican Party has and will continue to enthusiastically support the President’s America-first agenda;

I agree completely

Then I was wrong in being generous. The Republicans really do have no position but blindly fight anything the Democrats espouse and blindly support anything Trump supports. Thank you for correcting me.

Upvote 0