• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Deliverance

palmersc

Jan 24, 2012
Arkansas
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, first post here. Praise God for a resource and community such as this. I hope to gain further insight into this disorder by fellowshipping with fellow sufferers here.

I have been battling schizophrenic symptoms for about 5 years with seasons of intense debilitating warfare. What I would like to share first is a resource that has helped me quickly advance in my understanding of this disorder. I wish I could have found a free pdf online, but the book is called "Pigs in the Parlor." Really good book and worth it's price just for the chapter on schizophrenia. It is a book written by a husband wife deliverance team and there is one chapter on schizophrenia. It is brief explanation of a dream the Lord gave the author's wife. At the time I was reading the book I was being taught through the Word and by the Holy Spirit how to exercise the authority Jesus has given us over the enemy. Immediately I began using the revelation this woman had to pray more effectively and focus spiritual warfare efforts more strategically. A big piece of the puzzle indeed as yokes of oppresion were broken that night. I will try to post a summary of what is in that chapter with a picture, Lord willing. The Holy Spirit gave this woman spiritual discernment about a young girl they were providing deliverance to with little success. The main three demons that perpetrate this disease are: Rejection, Rebellion, and Lust with a network of lesser demons; and it is in their experience universally true.

I have been on medication for most of these 5 years and had much success with it. I recognize there is a biological, physical component to schizophrenia, but it is a spiritual disease at its core by far. How the physical and spiritual dynamics work to create this agonizing problem we face is something I am still seeking the Lord about. I still continue to take my medication and I recommend praying diligently over it each day to protect us from negative side effects and have the Lord's blessing upon it.

I share this to remind us that this is a spiritual battle we are in and it will require much soul searching repentance, a deeper walk and dependence on the Lord, and a warrior like mentality of overcoming the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. I hope to pray together and see those chains broken and captives set free.

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, first post here. Praise God for a resource and community such as this. I hope to gain further insight into this disorder by fellowshipping with fellow sufferers here.

I have been battling schizophrenic symptoms for about 5 years with seasons of intense debilitating warfare. What I would like to share first is a resource that has helped me quickly advance in my understanding of this disorder. I wish I could have found a free pdf online, but the book is called "Pigs in the Parlor." Really good book and worth it's price just for the chapter on schizophrenia. It is a book written by a husband wife deliverance team and there is one chapter on schizophrenia. It is brief explanation of a dream the Lord gave the author's wife. At the time I was reading the book I was being taught through the Word and by the Holy Spirit how to exercise the authority Jesus has given us over the enemy. Immediately I began using the revelation this woman had to pray more effectively and focus spiritual warfare efforts more strategically. A big piece of the puzzle indeed as yokes of oppresion were broken that night. I will try to post a summary of what is in that chapter with a picture, Lord willing. The Holy Spirit gave this woman spiritual discernment about a young girl they were providing deliverance to with little success. The main three demons that perpetrate this disease are: Rejection, Rebellion, and Lust with a network of lesser demons; and it is in their experience universally true.

I have been on medication for most of these 5 years and had much success with it. I recognize there is a biological, physical component to schizophrenia, but it is a spiritual disease at its core by far. How the physical and spiritual dynamics work to create this agonizing problem we face is something I am still seeking the Lord about. I still continue to take my medication and I recommend praying diligently over it each day to protect us from negative side effects and have the Lord's blessing upon it.

I share this to remind us that this is a spiritual battle we are in and it will require much soul searching repentance, a deeper walk and dependence on the Lord, and a warrior like mentality of overcoming the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. I hope to pray together and see those chains broken and captives set free.

Hello, I felt compelled to come to the schizophrenia section of the forum and the Lord put the topic of your post in my mind before I got in here so I think He might want me to talk to you.

I am reading the same book you are, the pigs in the parlor, and I believe the Lord is calling me into a deliverance ministry. I see a very critical need for this ministry. Satan has the church convinced that Christians cannot be demonized and I think this is a large reason why the church is becoming so apostate. There are so many Christians leading defeated lives and this is becoming normal in the church. We need to stand up and fight back against this incursion into the body of Christ.

There are a few reasons why I agree that while mental illness may have a physical component, the spiritual component is the core issue. The first is this scripture:

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

This is saying that the basis of a sound mind is spiritual.

The second is that our mind, will and emotions are part of our soul.

The third is this disease:

http://www.rense.com/general63/brain.htm

It's called hydrocephalus, and those who have it often have no detectable brain what so ever. This man only had one millimeter of cerebral tissue on the top of his spinal column and he had an above average IQ and lived a normal life.

If a man with no detectable brain can be normal, the abnormality must be essentially spiritual in nature.

So, if that is true, then it is possible to turn these things around. I do not believe anyone should just jump off medication, but I do believe that our God is a healer and that He wants us to be of sound mind.

We are in a spiritual war, as you say, and we must fight a daily warfare because the devil is not playing around with us. He is working every day to steal, kill and destroy our freedom in Christ, and to keep the lost in bondage. He is playing to win, and even if he is defeated and ultimately doomed, he is trying to ruin as much as he can before he goes. I believe the Lord is looking for people who will stand in the gap and use the weapons He gave us to fight the enemy and win.

You are in my prayers, brother, and I will join you in prayer to see the captives set free. I feel this is our greatest purpose on Earth, and the heart of our Lord and Savior, to see them freed from bondage.

Upvote 0

palmersc

Jan 24, 2012
Arkansas
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello brother, praise God, I believe the Lord is all over this thread, bringing two of His sons, two soldiers together in one accord. I would have liked to share more over a private message, but I need 15 posts to qualify. The Lord is moving mightily in His people even though what appears to be the church is asleep. I too believe the mental afflictions are primarily spiritual diseases but the Lord is teaching me what role medication can play as I have tried many times to come off of it only to be back on it a couple weeks or months later. One day i may be clear of it, but right now I am taking it in faith as I promised the Lord not to come off of it unless CLEARLY directed by Him.

I feel at a loss to share many details of my experience concisely and with brevity. However, the Lord spoke to me a little over a year ago calling me to work in a mental institutional setting as a doctor. That link you posted is very interesting. Just a couple months ago God began showing me that I am in training for providing deliverance ministry. A lot of pieces of the puzzle are falling in place, perhaps this is another. I check my email more than message boards and you can contact me there if you would like to fellowship and share where the Lord has brought us from and where He is leading us to, grace and peace be with you,

Steve

PS, it looks like I can't post my email address until I have 50 posts, perhaps you can view it in my profile. Praying with you brother.

Upvote 0