Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess my concern comes from Jesus saying if a demon is cast out it can come back with more if the house isn't secured. So that seems like if the person doesn't want free then it's unwise to do so. But I am unlearned on the practicality of this as I have never done it before.

Deliverance is not something you can learn - it is something you are called to.

What I mean is that there is a move in the modern church to encourage all believers to 'exercise the authority they have been given'. This is a mistake - lesson one should be the ability to hear what the Spirit is saying, because if He is not appointing the ministry, it will be fake and potentially damaging.

Genuine encounter with demons is not 'pleasant' and even dangerous. I have heard cases of folks being harmed trying to minister to the possessed when they were not suitably called, gifted and sanctified.

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does a person need to want deliverance in order for us to minister it to them?
Yes.
They have to know something is wrong and want change.

Deliverance is not something you can learn - it is something you are called to.

What I mean is that there is a move in the modern church to encourage all believers to 'exercise the authority they have been given'. This is a mistake - lesson one should be the ability to hear what the Spirit is saying, because if He is not appointing the ministry, it will be fake and potentially damaging.

Genuine encounter with demons is not 'pleasant' and even dangerous. I have heard cases of folks being harmed trying to minister to the possessed when they were not suitably called, gifted and sanctified.
I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I never offer ministry unless the person brings up the subject first. When that happens, it opens the way for me to offer ministry after informing them clearly how I am going to go about it.

I once tried to cast a demon out of a person without their consent and I came off second best. It was a disaster. It showed me that when a demon has been initially invited in through some sinful habit or action, or a traumatic event in their life, then the demon thinks it has the right to be there and stoutly resists attempts to drive it out. This is why many demonized people struggle and scream when someone tries to cast the demon out from an unwilling person. The best way is to find out what action or even caused the demon to get in and get the person to renounce it. For example, involvement in the occult can invite a demon in, so the person renouncing the particular occult involvement causes the demon to be "uninvited". Then when the demon is told to go, it usually says, "Ok, I'd better go then", and the person senses relief from the bondage. It's like getting rid of rats by clearing out the garbage they feed on. Getting rid of garbage in the person's life that demons feed on, makes the deliverance process much easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The best way is to find out what action or even caused the demon to get in and get the person to renounce it. For example, involvement in the occult can invite a demon in, so the person renouncing the particular occult involvement causes the demon to be "uninvited".

Well said, and we take it a step further - confession. repentance. renounciation.

Renounciation in the Greek means to 'speak against' we encourage the bound to declare the entity 'no longer welcome', but then to tell such intruders to get out in Jesus name.

It can be hard for some to understand that this is not prayer but proclaimation.

Satan would love the ministry of deliverance to cease to exist - he hates to give up territory.

Many have dismissed this important ministry by quoting Jude and claiming that only the Lord can address the demonic.

However Jude refers to the unregenerate.

Paul rebuked the spirit in Acts 16:18.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well said, and we take it a step further - confession. repentance. renounciation.

Renounciation in the Greek means to 'speak against' we encourage the bound to declare the entity 'no longer welcome', but then to tell such intruders to get out in Jesus name.

It can be hard for some to understand that this is not prayer but proclaimation.

Satan would love the ministry of deliverance to cease to exist - he hates to give up territory.

Many have dismissed this important ministry by quoting Jude and claiming that only the Lord can address the demonic.

However Jude refers to the unregenerate.

Paul rebuked the spirit in Acts 16:18.
Absolutely! Mark 16 says that one of the signs of a believer is that they shall cast out demons.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Not necessarily.

GOD didn't need permission to cast out the spirit of divination from the servant girl, He just went ahead and did it through Paul.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." John 5:19

So unless being lead by the Holy Spirit, think it' irresponsible because -

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." (Matt 12:43-45).

In fact, think they need to agree and told how to maintain their deliverance beforehand

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
"Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." John 5:19

So unless being lead by the Holy Spirit, think it' irresponsible because -

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." (Matt 12:43-45).

In fact, think they need to agree and told how to maintain their deliverance beforehand
I don't quite understand the point you are making here.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus, while on earth, only did what the Father directed.

Unless we are being lead by the Holy Spirit, the individual can be worse off in the long run.. Upfront they need to understand this burden lifting and how to maintain this new freedom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0