• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Deliverance/ Gift of Discernment Books?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Gifts' started by Natsumi Lam, Mar 16, 2019 at 1:07 AM.

1. Natsumi Lam

Natsumi Lam Preparer of the Bride Supporter

+314
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Hey Family,

Do you have any books about deliverance and/or the gift of discernment you might suggest and why?

Natsumi Lam

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal Supporter

+1,610
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    It is better to just get hands-on training at a church that does it. They may have a sort of textbook to go with it, but a textbook, alone, won't get you there.

It is kind of like reading a book about driving a car, then thinking that you know how to drive a car. You're going to have to get your feet wet.

3. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,986
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Neil Anderson, The Bondage Breaker. This can be downloaded as a pdf.

4. IAM815518

IAM815518 New Member

+28
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Beside the Bible, these two are at the top of my list. . .

Marine Demons by John Eckhardt

He Came To Set The Captives Free by Rebecca Brown, MD

Marine Demons has opened my eyes to so much of the problems I’ve been dealing with all of my life. From narcissistic loved ones, to the nature behind people, it’s revealed so much that I thought of as ‘normal problems.’
    And by praying the powerful prayers in there, which are backed up by scripture, I’ve noticed so much victorious changes happening around me! The giants in my life are beginning to lose their power, and fall in defeat. (Thanks to God’s awesome power!)

He Came To Set The Captives Free by Rebecca Brown is also a real eye opener to what goes on in the spiritual realm, and how it manifests into the physical by the authors first hand experiences. I had the opportunity to read this when I was 14 years old, but I didn’t finish it at the time do to my own skepticism. To this day I regret not finishing that book because I would have grown so much in understanding and wisdom of what was going on around me. I have since read it twice, and will be reading it again this weekend. Let me add that this book is not for the faint of heart. It’s a challenge for so many to complete it. But I’d recommend this book to anyone because the wicked enemy of our souls wants us to be ignorant of his devices.

5. icxn

icxn Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα

+561
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I would recommend "The Life of St Anthony the Great." He is considered the father of Christian monasticism (he lived in the 3-4th century) and suffered a lot at the hands of the demons, which made him an expert in their devices.

6. IAM815518

IAM815518 New Member

+28
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Is it also called The Temptation of St. Anthony? I found one on Scribd.

7. IAM815518

IAM815518 New Member

+28
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Nice recommendation! I shall add this to my reading list as well.

8. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,986
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Dr Ed. Murphy, The Handbook for Spiritual Warfare is a good book that traces the influence of the devil through the Old and New Testaments, and then a set of procedures about how to deal with demonization.

9. IAM815518

IAM815518 New Member

+28
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thanks! I downloaded it from Scribd just now. I look forward to exploring a new realm of knowledge.

10. Romans 8

Romans 8 Active Member

+147
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    "Two Kingdoms" by Graham Powell. He devotes a whole chapter as to how this gift works. He explains in his book that he himself was frustrated reading books on this topic but never finding one that explains it more thoroughly.
    Another one he wrote is called "Christian Se Yourself Free". It was written for self deliverance. Both books are good.
    Another one I read is called "Breaking free from demonic forces", by Julia Jordan. The first half of the book is her story about how her and her brother became demon influenced playing with a Ouija board and how she found help to be set free. The second half of the book is spiritual warfare and breaking bondage and has excellent prayers in it to pray of yourself and/or someone else.