Definitions and assumptions

J

Jazer

Sorry, Juvenissun, but YEC is about as far from science as anything imaginable.
Actually YEC covers the last 6,000 years. So YEC is 100% science. The problem is when people try to claim that events older then 6,000 years took place in the last 6,000 years. That has nothing at all to do with the Bible or what the Bible teaches. No matter how much they want to claim that is their understanding or their interpretation of the Bible.

Upvote 0

farmer joe

Jan 30, 2012
america
✟15,610.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I've been reading a lot of threads and watching a lot of information regarding both atheism, creationism and theism (mostly christian, due to several reasons). I've seen some sites that have FAQs and some explanation to their standpoints.

Now to the main point of this thread:

Have anyone seen a collection of definitions and assumptions for the very basics of Science, Atheism, Creationism and Theism?

That is:
Have anyone seen a collection of definitions and assumptions for the most popular world views.
For example: Atheism, Science, Theism, Creationism.
A clear explanation of what a majority of the group can agree to.

People are arguing about a various amount of things and are not coming to many conclusions.

There are arguing left and right with straw-mans, definitions, evidence, age, concepts, historical events, metaphors etc.

People are using their own definitions and basis for their arguments and have to explain them over and over. It's like watching two people standing on different sides of a river debating who's on the right side.

Some are using arguments based on the very thing they are arguing against (like using math to "prove" absolute truths). That is only because of improper knowledge of what you are using.

We are all arguing about everything. I think if God came down here himself, people would still argue with him that he was wrong. They would probably call him a conspiracy theorist and hang him on a cross. It doesn't seem to matter whether it's religion, or any other subject. Whatever happened to "UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL. We are letting our opinions divide us while evil is prospering.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Wait...
So instead of "in that case 99% of YEC falls into the science" you say "that 99% of YEC are included in science?"?
How is that any different from what I wrote? That doesn't define how much of science is outside of YEC.

I don't consider that question. I guess science contains a lot, includes evolution.

Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
Actually YEC covers the last 6,000 years. So YEC is 100% science. The problem is when people try to claim that events older then 6,000 years took place in the last 6,000 years. That has nothing at all to do with the Bible or what the Bible teaches. No matter how much they want to claim that is their understanding or their interpretation of the Bible.
Then please define YEC for me. I seem to have the wrong definition.

Upvote 0