• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Defining God

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Received, Aug 2, 2014.

1. PsychoSarah

PsychoSarah Chaotic Neutral

+2,555
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Maybe just talk in a more direct manner? I know what you are saying, but I would rather not have to decode every post you make.

2. PsychoSarah

+2,555
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    No one on here regularly has much of a life ^_^

3. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+16,286
    Non-Denom
    Married
    One can be both deep and simple in one's expression.

4. faroukfarouk

+16,286
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Best to stick to Biblical definitions.

John 1 has some clear statements, for example.

5. PsychoSarah

+2,555
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    John is also generally considered one of the least reliable biblical texts in the New Testament.

6. PsychoSarah

+2,555
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Of course, but I personally would rather the deep message be direct.

7. faroukfarouk

+16,286
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I'm not going to argue with you; I prefer to stick with what Scripture's clear statements are.

8. PsychoSarah

+2,555
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Sure, individual statements can be clear, but the bible also conflicts with itself on many issues making the whole thing a lot less clear.

9. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+9,400
    Atheist
    Private
    Please try to stay on topic. I'm sure there are lots of more appropriate places you can try and sell your religion.

10. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+11,615
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    That does make it easy, just follow the book.

11. ToddNotTodd

ToddNotTodd Iconoclast

+2,697
    Seeker
    Married
    Funny.

But by what criteria do you establish that I'm not a god.

12. variant

variant Happy Cat

+5,000
    Agnostic
    Single
    Concepts that, if we take them at face value, can't even begin to differentiate between when their object is present and absent are pretty much vacuous.

13. Received

Received True love waits in haunted attics

+732
    Christian
    Married
    Smoking less?

14. ToddNotTodd

ToddNotTodd Iconoclast

+2,697
    Seeker
    Married
    You are a great disappointment to me right now. You've made this god very sad. I can, however, see why you're reluctant to answer.

15. Received

Received True love waits in haunted attics

+732
    Christian
    Married
    Because I smoke too much and am resisting temptation?