Deceptive words: 'Keeping/Losing' Salvation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus My Wisdom

Mar 28, 2004
✟569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The deception concerning any discussions about LOSING your salvation is suggestively getting people believe salvation is a POSSESSION which you keep or lose. It isn't.

But salvation is an event which you experience, not a possession you keep or lose. No one sanely goes around discussing whether or not you can lose your eighth birthday do they? That is because your 8th birthday was an event, not a possession. You don't keep or lose events. You experience them and then they are a past reality.

And although one has experienced the Ephesians 2:8 salvation event, and it is now a past reality, a person may indeed fall short of salvation when Jesus comes. That is a completely different salvation event (Mt 24:13; Heb 9:28; 1 Thess 5:8-9). That is what the whole book of Hebrews is about. If these warnings are not real and valid, then the apostles were deceivers and so is God.

The issue is not about losing a salvation you have already experienced.
The issue is about whether you will fall short of a salvation event you have not yet experienced.

"I warn you (who had begun in the Spirit but now end in the flesh), as I warned you BEFORE that those who behave like this will not enter the Kingdom of God" (Gal 3:3; 5:21).

God is not mocked. You will reap what you sow.

Jesus My Wisdom

Jesus My Wisdom

Mar 28, 2004
✟569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Oblio said:
The Church disagrees with you. Salvation is a process.

Really now? Salvation is when you are saved from something. It is rather plain it is an event. Also, you do not seem to realize events are processes and create a false dilemma. But I see that you really mean "salvation takes a long time."

Furthermore, explain how Ephesians 2:8 salvation was "a process."

Moreover, salvation is not really a process. We are in the process of working out our (future) salvation yes. But we are not yet saved and will not be saved until Jesus comes. See Heb 9:28 for proof.

Also, when "the church" says salvation is a process, they intend to dismiss the idea that salvation is a one time Eph 2:8 event which is also what I am demonstrating here.

JMW

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.