"Debating" with creationists could propel me int athiesm.

SackLunch

Jul 22, 2005
BBQ Heaven: Texas, USA
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DrummerWench said:
raphael - Thanks for those links. Christian panentheism seems to line up with my world view rather well.

DW
Perhaps you are simply kidding around, but there is no such thing as Biblical pantheism. That term is contradictory in and of itself. Jesus said that HE alone is the way, the truth, and the life, and that nobody comes to God except through Him (John 14:6). But don't take my word for it, whip out your trusty Bible that you say supports pantheism and take a look for yourself. Besides, remember, the FIRST commandment is "I am the Lord your God; you will have no other gods before Me."

For more information, please see this website.

Upvote 0

raphael_aa

Wild eyed liberal
Nov 25, 2004
✟9,552.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SackLunch said:
Perhaps you are simply kidding around, but there is no such thing as Biblical pantheism. That term is contradictory in and of itself. Jesus said that HE alone is the way, the truth, and the life, and that nobody comes to God except through Him (John 14:6). But don't take my word for it, whip out your trusty Bible that you say supports pantheism and take a look for yourself. Besides, remember, the FIRST commandment is "I am the Lord your God; you will have no other gods before Me."

For more information, please see this website.

Did you actually read the websites? There is a decent Biblical argument there.

My mistake ... I mistyped ... It is Biblical panentheism.

It talks about PANENTheism not Pantheism.

Upvote 0

Scholar in training

sine ira et studio
Feb 25, 2005
United States
✟15,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
LC, I think I have some idea of what you mean. Not from creationists specifically, but from a general feeling that no one is accurately defending some belief in the Bible, or about the Bible itself, and that skeptics have the upper hand. After researching the issue further, I don't feel that way anymore. If you are unsure about Christianity, then research what you want to know, or research more arguments against YECs so that you can show them the error of their ways. But don't let them decide how firm you stand in your faith for you, because there certainly are scholarly arguments for Christianity, evolution, etc., even if uninformed YECs may make you feel otherwise. Tektonics.org and Christian-thinktank.com are good resources for research about Christianity.

Think of it this way: do the arguments of geocentrists affect your faith at all? No? Then why should the arguments of YECs phaze you or have any bearing on the validity of your faith?

Upvote 0

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
Late_Cretaceous said:
Science, such as evolutionary theory, has never for a second ever made me feel like turning from Christianity. But after listening to these creationists, and right-winged evangelical zealots, I am starting to wonder if I should reconsider Christianity all together.

Why not just stay Catholic?

Upvote 0