Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Something I don't really think of quite often, but I have some rather apathetic views on it, that I seem to find rare.
And I just wanna see how it resonates with others.

I don't see it as a sad thing, or even bad really.
I don't want people to die, I'm not a maniac.

let me explain.

For the Christian, I never understood it. If a Christian dies, and a fellow Christian says something a long the lines of "it's a shame for them to go" "I'm sad to see them go"
Why?
He's in Heaven, you should be rejoicing. This is not a good place, why would you want them to be here? Why would you yourself want to be here? When you could be in Heaven?
I don't advocate suicide, but I think you can see my point.

I can understand the saddening of a beloved unbelievers passing, but only them.

It really only applies to Believers.

And it's not like I'm naive, I've lost people, close people, people I loved.
And I cried, I get sad, but I don't even understand why I do.
I don't get depressed like some people do, but I'll bawl my eyes out. And I'll miss them.

As for myself, I don't fear dying, I ain't gonna try to die, but I'm not worried about it.
I'm not going to hold onto life, to put it in such words.

But that's just the way I see it.

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have never lost any one close to me, so I am unsure how I would react mainly cause I have a similar view on death as you. I really do think that people are better off dead than suffering in this evil world. This is not happiness about death, like the post above stated death is an enemy of ours, but its not celebrating death, it's celebrating being in a better place than this current world offers. When someone dies we don't rejoice because they died, we rejoice because their suffering is finally over. No matter how good a persons life is, there is a human element, called suffering we all experience to some degree no matter how materially blessed we are, suffering is in us all. And in that way death which is relief from the suffering, is actually a good thing because it removes all suffering.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolfe
Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Something I don't really think of quite often, but I have some rather apathetic views on it, that I seem to find rare.
And I just wanna see how it resonates with others.

I don't see it as a sad thing, or even bad really.
I don't want people to die, I'm not a maniac.

let me explain.

For the Christian, I never understood it. If a Christian dies, and a fellow Christian says something a long the lines of "it's a shame for them to go" "I'm sad to see them go"
Why?
He's in Heaven, you should be rejoicing. This is not a good place, why would you want them to be here? Why would you yourself want to be here? When you could be in Heaven?
I don't advocate suicide, but I think you can see my point.

I can understand the saddening of a beloved unbelievers passing, but only them.

It really only applies to Believers.

And it's not like I'm naive, I've lost people, close people, people I loved.
And I cried, I get sad, but I don't even understand why I do.
I don't get depressed like some people do, but I'll bawl my eyes out. And I'll miss them.

As for myself, I don't fear dying, I ain't gonna try to die, but I'm not worried about it.
I'm not going to hold onto life, to put it in such words.

But that's just the way I see it.
We will still feel grief when a close one dies, even if we know they are going to a better place. While we are allowed to be sad when they die, I agree that we should also be happy for them as they are in a better place.

In other words, it's complicated.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've thought about this as well. Religious people always say and heaven is my goal, are all they do is for the sole purpose of making it to heaven and heading Him say well done. But as soon as well get bad news add the doctor....we are on our knees trying to prolong that which we say Is our goal!

But I don't think this is a mistake.....wee shud take heed to these feelings. Maybe there is something more. God is a God of the living......Maybe we aren't supposed to die......

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you are Christian, this life is as close to hell as you will ever get.
If you are an unbeliever, this life is as close to heaven as you will ever get.
Damn, best way I've ever seen it put.

Reactions: section9+1
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We will still feel grief when a close one dies, even if we know they are going to a better place. While we are allowed to be sad when they die, I agree that we should also be happy for them as they are in a better place.

In other words, it's complicated.
For the believer, it's "absent from the body","present with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5.8). But there is also the very human side of loss.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums