STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For the things in life we can't control, fighting them just makes it harder. So I look for the pros in every situation and focus on them. I've come to believe that happiness is a choice since we choose what we focus on - the pros or cons (everything is just a different mix of these).

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
For the things in life we can't control, fighting them just makes it harder. So I look for the pros in every situation and focus on them. I've come to believe that happiness is a choice since we choose what we focus on - the pros or cons (everything is just a different mix of these).
Very good advice.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
This article helped me and gives tools and practical steps to deal with a wide range of problems. Does anyone else feel like they need help dealing with anger in a pandemic?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...2004/anger-loss-and-grief-in-the-age-pandemic

Much of the anger is perfectly justified, unfortunately. We need to galvanize that anger into actions through science-based public policy. If our leaders won't agree with it, they should be removed. Lives are at stake, our sanity is at stake.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Much of the anger is perfectly justified, unfortunately. We need to galvanize that anger into actions through science-based public policy. If our leaders won't agree with it, they should be removed. Lives are at stake, our sanity is at stake.
Makes sense. Just trying to walk in love.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This article helped me and gives tools and practical steps to deal with a wide range of problems. Does anyone else feel like they need help dealing with anger in a pandemic?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...2004/anger-loss-and-grief-in-the-age-pandemic
You should take credit for being proactive in initiating a positive change in your life and celebrate that as an accomplishment and a victory.

Here's another article that I think can help:
Gratitude: Pathway to Permanent Change | Christianity 9 to 5

Best of luck, you are in my prayers! Look to God for help!
James 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People are the problem. They won't do what they know they should do.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have found routine to be helpful, as mentioned at the end of the article. I also try to use my living space to differentiate work from leisure. Even though I have been working from home, I still get up and get ready like I did for the office (sans office attire). I spend my day in the home office, and then try to spend my off hours in the rest of the space (or in the garden). I helps make things seem less a blur and gives a sense of stability.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I understand some people have tried howling at the moon.

• Useful
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums